Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting how to replace . with 100 spaces Post 302368985 by pravin27 on Friday 6th of November 2009 06:56:58 AM
Old 11-06-2009
Code:
perl -e ' while (<>) { print $_ ," "x100;} ' filename

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace spaces recursively

Hi, I have a directory with files and sub-directories (sub-directory depth might go upto 5). There will be one or more spaces (continuously or anywhere in the file name) which need to be replaced with HYPHENs. How can i replace all SPACE occurances with HYPHEN in file/dir names recursively. (2... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: prvnrk
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove spaces between charc and replace it with ','.

Hi, Below is my output file: (The below line has multiple spaces bet charc and I want to replace spaces with "," only for the first line) NYCCMS97KJ931 01-JUN-08 1214957 I want this to be: ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: smc3
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace spaces

Hi guys, so I have another issue. Can I use sed to replace spaces in a string or variable with %20 I am having trouble with using curl on URL's containing spaces Thanks! (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: tret
12 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Replace tab or any spaces with "

my content: samaccountname employeeid useraccountcontrol description i want it to look like this: "samaccountname","employeeid","useraccountcontrol","description" (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tjmannonline
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

replace 2 spaces by one

Dear Friends, I have a flat file from which I want to remove single "space". And, wherever two spaces are provided it should replace it by only one space. E.g. I have N A T I O N A L E D U C A T I O N F O R O R G AN I S A T I ON S I want NATIONAL EDUCATION FOR ORGANISATIONS Please... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: anushree.a
5 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to replace spaces with '_' in a file?

Hello #I have a file with a list of sequences; the sequence name is the line starting with '>'. $cat infile >AluYa5 SINE1/7SL Homo sapiens ggccgggcgcggtggctcacgcctgtaatcccagcactttgggaggccgaggcgggcggatcacgaggtc aggagatcgagaccatcccggctaaaacggtgaaaccccgtctctactaaaaatacaaaaaattagccgg... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: jdhahbi
11 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace with spaces

Hi Guys file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/c104058/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot.pngsed 's///g' /source/filename.txt > /destination/filename.txt The above code deletes the characters which are not A-Z, a-z and 0-9, but I wanted to replace it with space without deleting them. Any help is... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gowrishankar05
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

replace spaces/tabs with delimiter |

Hi, I'm looking for a command that replaces spaces/tabs with pipe symbol and store the result to the same file instead of routing it to another file. infile outfile Thanks. (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: dvah
11 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

String replace that has spaces

cat rf|nawk '/Use SSL= 0/{n+=1}{if (n==3){sub("Use SSL= 0","Use SSL= 0x1",$0)};print }' > rf2Fails. sed 's/Use SSL= 0/Use SSL= 0x1/g' rf > rf2Fails. In addition, the goal is to ONLY replace the 2nd occurence of the... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: rfransix
15 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to replace two or more spaces with one comma?

I'm using sh on hp-ux. I've got a file that looks like this. -5.65 175 -16.17 160 -13.57 270 -51.72 260 -8.30 360 -42.71 460 -.38 375 -.20 375 -4.15 170 -21.53 560 -18.84 360 I'd like to replace all the whitespace between the columns with one comma. I can't... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Scottie1954
4 Replies
ANACRONTAB(5)						       Anacron Users' Manual						     ANACRONTAB(5)

NAME
/etc/anacrontab - configuration file for anacron DESCRIPTION
The file /etc/anacrontab describes the jobs controlled by anacron(8). Its lines can be of three kinds: job-description lines, environment assignments, or empty lines. Job-description lines are of one of these two forms: period delay job-identifier command @period_name delay job-identify command The period is specified in days, the delay in minutes. The job-identifier can contain any non-blank character, except slashes. It is used to identify the job in Anacron messages, and as the name for the job's timestamp file. The command can be any shell command. The fields can be separated by blank spaces or tabs. The period_name can only be set to monthly at the present time. This will ensure jobs are only run once a month, no matter the number of days in this month, or the previous month. Environment assignment lines are of the form: VAR = VALUE Spaces around VAR are removed. No spaces around VALUE are allowed (unless you want them to be part of the value). The assignment takes effect from the next line to the end of the file, or to the next assignment of the same variable. Empty lines are either blank lines, line containing white-space only, or lines with white-space followed by a '#' followed by an arbitrary comment. You can continue a line onto the next line by ending it with a ''. SEE ALSO
anacron(8) The Anacron README file. AUTHOR
Itai Tzur <itzur@actcom.co.il> Currently maintained by Pascal Hakim <pasc@(debian.org|redellipse.net)>. Pascal Hakim 2004-07-11 ANACRONTAB(5)