Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Shellscript to find duplicates according to size Post 302368936 by deaddevil on Friday 6th of November 2009 04:26:53 AM
Old 11-06-2009
thanks will try the script, and let you know.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

command to find out total size of a specific file size (spread over the server)

hi all, in my server there are some specific application files which are spread through out the server... these are spread in folders..sub-folders..chid folders... please help me, how can i find the total size of these specific files in the server... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: abhinov
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

shellscript to find a line in between a particular set of lines of a text file

i have a file a.txt and following is only one portion. I want to search <branch value="/dev36/AREA/" include="yes"></branch> present in between <template_file name="Approve External" path="core/approve/bin" and </template_file> where the no of lines containing "<branch value= " is increasing ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: millan
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

use shellscript to find the count of a line in a set of lines

I have a file a.xml some portion of the file is given below.But the file format is same. CTYPE available_templates SYSTEM './available_templates.dtd'> <available_templates> <template_file name="Approve External" path="core/approve/bin" <command_list> <command... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: millan
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

ShellScript that emails you size of dir

I have this so far: #!/bin/sh FOLDER='/home'; MAXSIZE='50'; MAILADRES='username@server.com'; if ; then echo "$FOLDER too big" | /usr/sbin/sendmail $MAILADRES echo "test"; fi But i need to figure out how to have it search all the users on the system and then find... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: fourthe
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

find with file size and show the size

Hi All... is the below command be modified in sucha way that i can get the file size along with the name and path of the file the below command only gives me the file location which are more than 100000k...but I want the exact size of the file also.. find / -name "*.*" -size +100000k ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rpraharaj84
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

find digit which is greater than 1000 in text -using shellscript

Hi All, I am having an abc.txt , which contains some digits Eg:abc.txt 145 566 355 I want write shellscript in suchway that if any digit is greter than 1000 then it shuld display " text files contain digit, which is greater than 1000" Please help me to do so Thanks.. (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: pspriyanka
8 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Removing duplicates depending on file size

Hi all, I am working with a huge amount of files in a Linux environment and I was trying to filter my data. Here's what my data looks like Name............................Size OLUSDN.gf.gif-1.JPEG.......5 kb LKJFDA01.gf.gif-1.JPEG.....3 kb LKJFDA01.gf.gif-2.JPEG.....1 kb... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Error404
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to find the shellscript which is running In background is completed or not?

HI All, I need the answer of below question? 1) how to find the shellscript which is running In background is completed or not ? ex: I know the shellscript name abc.sh which is running in background through cronjob. I want to know this is job is still running or stopped, how to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pspriyanka
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Find duplicates in file with line numbers

Hello All, This is a noob question. I tried searching for the answer but the answer found did not help me . I have a file that can have duplicates. 100 200 300 400 100 150 the number 100 is duplicated twice. I want to find the duplicate along with the line number. expected... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vatigers
4 Replies

10. Ubuntu

Find duplicates among 2 directories

I have 2 directories, /media/andy/MAXTOR_SDB1/Ubuntu_Mate_18.04/ /media/andy/MAXTOR_SDB1/Linux_Files/. I want to find which files are duplicates so I can delete them from one of those directories. (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: drew77
13 Replies
INSTALLSIEVE(1) 					      General Commands Manual						   INSTALLSIEVE(1)

NAME
installsieve - user utility for managing sieve scripts SYNOPSIS
installsieve DESCRIPTION
installsieve is a utility that allows users to manage their sieve scripts kept on the server. OPTIONS
-v <name> View script with the given name. The script if retrieved sucessfully is output to standard output. -l List all of the scripts currently on the server. If one of the scripts is active a arrow is printed indicating that it is the active script. -p <port> Port to connect to. If left off this defaults to "sieve" as defined in /etc/services. -i <file> Install a file onto the server. If a script with the same name already exists on the server it is overwritten. Upon sucessfully putting the script on the server the script is set active. If <file> has the extension .script it is chopped when put on the server since sieve names may not contain a '.'. -a <name> Set <name> as the active script. The list of available names can be obtained from the '-l' option.. -d <name> Delete the sieve script on the server with <name>. -m <mechanism> Force installsieve to use <mechanism> for authentication. If not specified the strongest authentication mechanism is chosen. -g <name> Get the sieve script with <name> and save it to disk with a ".script" extension. If a file with that name already exists it is overwritten. -u <user> Userid/Authname to use for authentication; by default, the current user. CMU
Project Cyrus INSTALLSIEVE(1)