Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Need scripting help in :Adding 20% to a list of number : Post 302368916 by rveri on Friday 6th of November 2009 01:27:10 AM
Old 11-06-2009
Thanks , Resolved.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Shell scripting adding text to top of file

Hi this is quite simple i am sure but without using awk or sed i need to add text to the top of a file this is what i have got so far #!bin/bash echo "Add text to top of file" read line echo $line >> file1 This adds the text to the bottom of the file can some1 please help cheers (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: meadhere
7 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Adding a columnfrom a specifit line number to a specific line number

Hi, I have a huge file & I want to add a specific text in column. But I want to add this text from a specific line number to a specific line number & another text in to another range of line numbers. To be more specific: lets say my file has 1000 lines & 4 Columns. I want to add text "Hello"... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ezy
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

merging line and adding number

I having file below o/p ibapp311dg,,20480,s,,,,,,,,, test,,20480,s,,,,,,,,, test,,20480,s,,,,,,,,, ibapp311dg,,20480,s,,,,,,,,, I want to to chk unique word line in the first field seperated by , as well as addup corressponding the number in field for each unique word like ibapp311dg... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: tarunn.dubeyy
8 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Adding Two Number With Expression Function

ai, i have one question about shell script regarding for "expr" function i have using this command "previous=`expr $previous + 1`" where previous value is 0001, but when the script running, the result appear as expr 1 + 1 = 2 not 0002. The result i need as expr 0001 + 0001 should be... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dinodegil
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Adding Sequence Number to file

Hi All, I need to create a script which checks for a particular file for eg.kumar1.txt. If kumar1.txt is already exist the script should increment the file name as kumar2.txt and so on. Please Advise. Thanks & Regards, Kumar66 (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kumar66
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Adding number before file extension

Hi , I have a file which has a line starts with $segment_name and has the below data source data $Segment_Name = 123.ABC.123.01.txt $Segment_Name = 123.ABC.ABC.txt $Segment_Name = 123.ABC.12A3.txtMy target data should be $Segment_Name = 123.ABC.123.01.txt $Segment_Name =... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: shruthidwh
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need Help in adding sequence number to a file

Hi All , I have a file which contains data(comma separated) in below format : 500,Sourav ,kolkata ,8745775020,700091 505,ram,delhi ,9875645874,600032 510 ,madhu ,mumbai ,5698756430 ,500042 515 ,ramesh ,blore ,8769045601 ,400092 I want to add unique sequence number at the start of each... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: STCET22
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Adding number in one column

Hello I have something like this a 1 b 1 c 1 d 1 e 1 This is inside 1.dat and this is what I am trying to get a 2 b 2 c 2 d 2 e 2 (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jeo_fb
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

List files with number to select based on number

Hi experts, I am using KSH and I am need to display file with number in front of file names and user can select it by entering the number. I am trying to use following command to display list with numbers. but I do not know how to capture number and identify what file it is to be used for... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mysocks
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash Scripting: Adding runtime in a progress bar

I have the following code that generates a progress bar and want to add the current execution time after the percentage value. The current execution time is stored in the variable `runtm` I am having a problem on how to add `runtm` in the last `printf` or after it. i=0; j=0 ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kristinu
3 Replies
jrunscript(1)						      General Commands Manual						     jrunscript(1)

NAME
jrunscript - command line script shell SYNOPSIS
jrunscript [ options ] [ arguments... ] PARAMETERS
options Options, if used, should follow immediately after the command name. arguments Arguments, if used, should follow immediately after options or command name. DESCRIPTION
jrunscript is a command line script shell. jrunscript supports both an interactive (read-eval-print) mode and a batch (-f option) mode of script execution. This is a scripting language independent shell. By default, JavaScript is the language used, but the -l option can be used to specify a different language. Through Java to scripting language communication, jrunscript supports "exploratory programming" style. NOTE: This tool is experimental and may not be available in future versions of the JDK. OPTIONS
-classpath path Specify where to find the user's .class files that are accessed by the script. -cp path This is a synonym for -classpath path -Dname=value Set a Java system property. -Jflag Pass flag directly to the Java virtual machine on which jrunscript is run. -l language Use the specified scripting language. By default, JavaScript is used. Note that to use other scripting languages, you also need to spec- ify the corresponding script engine's jar file using -cp or -classpath option. -e script Evaluate the given script. This option can be used to run "one liner" scripts specified completely on the command line. -encoding encoding Specify the character encoding used while reading script files. -f script-file Evaluate the given script file (batch mode). -f - Read and evaluate a script from standard input (interactive mode). -help Output help message and exit. -? Output help message and exit. -q List all script engines available and exit. ARGUMENTS
If [arguments...] are present and if no -e or -f option is used, then the first argument is the script file and the rest of the arguments, if any, are passed as script arguments. If [arguments..] and -e or -f option are used, then all [arguments..] are passed as script argu- ments. If [arguments..], -e and -f are missing, interactive mode is used. Script arguments are available to a script in an engine variable named "arguments" of type String array. EXAMPLES
Executing inline scripts jrunscript -e "print('hello world')" jrunscript -e "cat('http://java.sun.com')" Use specified language and evaluate given script file jrunscript -l js -f test.js Interactive mode jrunscript js>print('hello world'); hello world js>34 + 55 89 js> thread(function() { print('hello world'); } hello world js> Run script file with script arguments jrunscript test.js arg1 arg2 arg3 test.js is script file to execute and arg1, arg2 and arg3 are passed to script as script arguments. Script can access these using "argu- ments" array. SEE ALSO
If JavaScript is used, then before evaluating any user defined script, jrunscript initializes certain built-in functions and objects. These JavaScript built-ins are documented in jsdocs. 06 Aug 2006 jrunscript(1)