Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Getting file names which does not end with .log Post 302368892 by suresh_kb211 on Friday 6th of November 2009 12:10:10 AM
Old 11-06-2009
Getting file names which does not end with .log

Hi All,
I have a directory in which all log files will be generated. Apart from the log files, there are a few other files also generated. I want the names of all files which does not end with .LOG.

consider the dir has the following files
Quote:
tbaf01012009.LOG
tbaf02012009.LOG
ebaf02012009.ERR
tbaf03012009.LOG
tbaf04012009.LOG
I want only ebaf02012009.ERR file.

Unix Experts, Please help. Thanks in advance.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

first instance to end of log file

All, I looking for developing a script which would find the first instance of a date in a log file: 2004/07/15 19:16:09 Here are the next couple lines after the dat time stamp: backup completed daemon started. And I want to put the rest of the lines after the first instance in this... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bubba112557
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reading file names from a file and executing the relative file from shell script

Hi How can i dynamically read files names from a list file and execute them from a single shell script. Please help its urgent Thanks in Advance (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: anushilrai
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

SED - editing file names (End of line problem?)

For lists in sed, to say what to replace, is this correct: I am hoping that this would recognise that either a "." is present, or that the substitution happens at the end of the line. For files with extensions , my script works perfectly. My problem is, files without extentions, i.e. . ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: busillis
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Add end of char \n on end of file

Hi, I want to add \n as a EOF at the end of file if it does't exist in a single command. How to do this? when I use command echo "1\n" > a.txt and od -c a.txt 0000000 1 \n \n 0000003 How does it differentiate \n and eof in this case? Regards, Venkat (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: svenkatareddy
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Searching for file names in a directory while ignoring certain file names

Sun Solaris Unix Question Haven't been able to find any solution for this situation. Let's just say the file names listed below exist in a directory. I want the find command to find all files in this directory but at the same time I want to eliminate certain file names or files with certain... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: 2reperry
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to write a new entry at the beginning of a log file instead of at the end?

Hi Ladies and Gents, Explanation of my question with an example: Let's consider the script: backup_every_hour.sh #!/bin/bash rsync -auv $dir $backup_dir >> backup_every_hour_script.log Each time this script is called there will be a new entry at the end of the file... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: freddie50
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using awk to append incremental numbers to the end of duplicate file names.

I'm currently working on a script that extracts files from a .zip, runs an sha1sum against them and then uses awk to pre-format them into zomething more readable thusly: Z 69 89e013b0d8aa2f9a79fcec4f2d71c6a469222c07 File1 Z 69 6c3aea28ce22b495e68e022a1578204a9de908ed File2 Z 69... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ethereal
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Exclude certain file names while selectingData files coming in different names in a file name called

Data files coming in different names in a file name called process.txt. 1. shipments_yyyymmdd.gz 2 Order_yyyymmdd.gz 3. Invoice_yyyymmdd.gz 4. globalorder_yyyymmdd.gz The process needs to discard all the below files and only process two of the 4 file names available ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dsravanam
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to extract start/end times from log file to CSV file?

Hi, I have a log file (log.txt) that which contains lines of date/time. I need to create a script to extract a CSV file (out.csv) that gets all the sequential times (with only 1 minute difference) together by stating the start time and end time of this period. Sample log file (log.txt) ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mr.Zizo
7 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep a log file starting from a specific time to the end of file

I have a log file which have a date and time at the start of every line. I need to search the log file starting from a specific time to the end of file. For example: Starting point: July 29 2018 21:00:00 End point : end of file My concern is what if the pattern of `July 29 2018 21:00:00`... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: erin00
3 Replies
LOG(1)							     cao-vlsi reference manual							    LOG(1)

NAME
log - logical representations for boolean functions and utilities. ORIGIN
This software belongs to the ALLIANCE CAD SYSTEM developed by the ASIM team at LIP6 laboratory of Universite Pierre et Marie CURIE, in Paris, France. Web : http://asim.lip6.fr/recherche/alliance/ E-mail : alliance-users@asim.lip6.fr DESCRIPTION
log is a set of structures and functions that permits to manipulate several representations of boolean functions. Several programs and libraries of the cao-vlsi cad tools rest on the log package. Three different kind of functions are available for: Hash table management Prefixed representation for boolean functions Ordered binary decision diagrams representation EXAMPLE
Let's suppose that actual mbk version is 'nnn'. In order to use log, libMutnnn.a library must be called. makefile: HEADER = -I/labo/include LIB = -L/labo/lib -lMut -ltsh -labl -lbdd Each library can be called separatly. The "log.h" header file must be inserted in the files that use the functions or the structures defined in a library. SEE ALSO
mbk(1), beh(1), AUTHOR
L. BURGUN salle 30 T. 55-65 Universite P&M Curie - 4 pl. Jussieu - FRANCE THANKS
Thanks to P. REMY, F. PETROT, P. ALLEGRE and N. DICTUS. BUG REPORT
This tool is under development at the ASIM department of the LIP6 laboratory. We need your feedback to improve documentation and tools. ASIM
/LIP6 October 1, 1997 LOG(1)