Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to write an at command which executes a script every month on 3 rd Post 302368800 by rxg on Thursday 5th of November 2009 04:46:49 PM
Old 11-05-2009
Question How to write an at command which executes a script every month on 3 rd

Hi

Any one pls give me the at command which runs 3 rd of every month at 2 am.

Its urgent ...Your help would be so much for me

Thanks ..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Write a shell script to find whether the first day of the month is a working day

Hi , I am relatively new to unix... Can u pls help me out to find out if the first day of the month is a working day ie from (Monday to Friday)...using Date and If clause in Korn shell.. This is very urgent. Thanks for ur help... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: phani
7 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

write a shell script to execute a command

Hello all, I have just started doing shell scripting. I want to read a file which stores the status of my job I have submitted on a cluster. The file looks something like this : ========================FILE============================= crab: Checking the status of all jobs: please wait... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: learn_linux
4 Replies

3. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Batch script executes twice

Hi, Batch script gets executed without any error, but on execution some of the partial contents of the batch file gets appended at the end of the file which is currently in execution, hence the script tries to execute again for the second time , which should not happen. How to get it... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: milink
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Write Command - with script

This is all on a Unix computer where I login using Putty (for references sake). I was wondering if it was possible to use the write command with an already predetermined message in mind. I'm attempting to write to another user, but I'd like to do something like: write user1 "Message" So... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: eXist73
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Command executes on the command line but not from script

Hello guys, I have the following commands : Command 1: sudo find "../bundlepool" -name "merchandising2.html" -print0 |xargs -0 -I {} cp "rebranding/merchandising2.html" {} Command 2: find "../bundlepool" -name "merchandising2.html" -exec cp rebranding/merchandising2.html {} \; Command 3: ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ihabo01
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to counting a specific word in a logfile on each day of this month, last month etc

Hello All, I am trying to come up with a shell script to count a specific word in a logfile on each day of this month, last month and the month before. I need to produce this report and email it to customer. Any ideas would be appreciated! (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: pnara2
5 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How does the command "script" executes?

Hi i was searching for the source code of the unix/linux command "script" but i could not find any where. could some one explain How can we write a program which runs at background and reading the current terminal ? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rakeshkumar
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

script executes some time but not always.

I have following script to send email when a USB is attached. #!/bin/bash NUMBER=`/bin/cat /u/numberoflines` LINES=`/usr/bin/wc -l < /var/log/messages` DIFFERENCE=$(($LINES-$NUMBER)) if ; then tail -n $DIFFERENCE /var/log/messages |while read line do if $( echo $line | grep --quiet... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kashif.live
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Script partially executes??

Hi All, I am calling a shell script from another shell script, however, it only executes part of it (the echo commands only). What could be some causes for that? For example: ShellScriptA.sh: ... ... ... . ShellScriptB.sh ShellScriptB.sh contents: echo date echo... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: DBnixUser
7 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Ksh: How to write the log file simultaneously when .sql file executes by UNIX process

Hello Team- we would like to implement an approach which has to write the log file simultaneously when .sql file is executing by Unix process. At present,it is writing the log file once the process is completed. I've tested the current process with the below approaches and none of them... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Hima_B
1 Replies
uudemon(4)						     Kernel Interfaces Manual							uudemon(4)

NAME
uudemon.admin, uudemon.cleanu, uudemon.hour, uudemon.poll - Administrative shell scripts for polling remote systems, cleaning up spool directories, reporting status to the system administrator, and routine invocations of the uuxqt and uusched daemons SYNOPSIS
These shell scripts reside in the following directory: /usr/lib/uucp DESCRIPTION
All the scripts can be run from the command line or can be run automatically by the cron daemon. To automatically run the scripts, remove the comment character (#) from the beginning of the relevant line in the /var/spool/cron/crontabs/uucp file. This script reports status to the system administrator. It issues the uustat command to find out the status of uucp jobs. It mails the results to the uucp login ID. The script may be modified to send mail to any login ID such as the uucp administrative login ID (uucpa) or root. This script cleans up the /var/spool/uucp and /var/spool/uucppublic directories by running the uucleanup command. The uucleanup com- mand is run with the following parameters: -C7, -D7, X2, -o2, -W1. This script runs the uusched and uuxqt daemons in the background. This script polls the systems listed in the /usr/lib/uucp/Poll file. The uudemon.poll script should be scheduled before the uudemon.hour script. This allows uudemon.poll to create any command files before cron runs the uudemon.hour script. FILES
Contains the uudemon.admin, uudemon.cleanu, uudemon.hour and uudemon.poll files. Contains the uucp file. RELATED INFORMATION
Commands: cron(8), uucleanup(8), uusched(8), uuxqt(1) Files: /usr/lib/uucp delim off uudemon(4)