Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting using XML::simple in shell scripting Post 302368544 by cfajohnson on Thursday 5th of November 2009 04:03:03 AM
Old 11-05-2009

CPAN provides perl modules; they cannot be used in shell scripts.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help :: Simple Shell Scripting

Hello, I want to find the "IP-OF-SERVER" in /etc/squid/squid.conf And replace it with The IP of server. I know this command returns the IP of server : ifconfig | grep 'inet addr:'| grep -v '127.0.0.1' | cut -d: -f2 | awk '{ print $1}' And I can replace with sed. : sed -i... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ghadamyari
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help to change XML values with shell scripting for Network Simulation

Hello, I don't have experience in this scripting and I need some help to read a value from an XML file and change it with a random number to use in simulator for different network scenarios. </Description><sim_comm_rounds>35</sim_comm_rounds><num_clusters>1</num_clusters><Clocking> I want to... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: erhanasd
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

XML to Text file Parsing Using shell scripting

Hi folks, Need some help with XML to text file parsing , the following is the content of the XML File. <xn:SubNetwork id="SNJNPRZDCR0R03"> <xn:MeContext id="PRSJU0005"> <xn:VsDataContainer id="PRSJU0005"> <xn:attributes> ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: tech_frk
6 Replies

4. Solaris

XML to Text file Parsing Using shell scripting

Hi, I want to parse an XML File using Shell Script preferably by using awk command, I/P file is : <gn:ExternalGsmCell id="016P3A"> <gn:attributes> <gn:mnc>410</gn:mnc> <gn:mcc>310</gn:mcc> <gn:lac>8016</gn:lac> ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tech_frk
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Delete a record in a xml file using shell scripting

find pattern, delete line with pattern and 3 lines above and 8 lines below the pattern. The pattern is "isup". The entire record with starting tag <record> and ending tag </record> containing the pattern is to be deleted and the rest to be retained. <record> ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sdesstp
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

XML-Text Parsing Using shell scripting

HI Guys, I have to parse below xml file :- <xn:SubNetwork id="ONRM_ROOT_MO_R"> <xn:MeContext id="LP101"> <xn:ManagedElement id="1"> <xn:VsDataContainer id="1"> <xn:attributes> ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: asavaliya
8 Replies

7. Homework & Coursework Questions

Simple Shell Scripting

1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: An argument example: ../path/cse/lab3/remove Right now, it's printing out all the directory and files in 'lab3'. I want it to print out all the files in 'remove'. I'm not sure how to do that. (I want to use a for loop) 2.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: spider-man
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to extract data from xml file using shell scripting?

Hi evry1, This is my 1st post in this forum.Pls help me I want to extract some data froma xml file which has 2000 lines using shell scripting. Actually my xml file has some "audio and video codes" which i need to arrange in a column wise format after extracting it using shell scripting.I... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: arun_kohan
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to extract data from XML file using shell scripting?

Hi , I have input file as XML. following are input data #complex.xml Code: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?><TEST_doc xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"> <ENTRY uid="123456"> <protein> <name>PROT001</name> <organism>Human</organism> ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: arun_kohan
1 Replies

10. OS X (Apple)

A simple reminder script for beginners to shell scripting.

(Apologies for any typos.) Well hands up those who have been in the following situation(s):- Your partner, (in my case the missus), sees that you are messing with your machine and says something like, "can you keep an eye on the dinner, I am going out shopping", and you look up glazed eyed... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: wisecracker
3 Replies
MESSAGES(3)						  libbash messages Library Manual					       MESSAGES(3)

NAME
messages -- libbash library that implements a set of functions to print standard status messages SYNOPSIS
printOK [indent] printFAIL [indent] printNA [indent] printATTN [indent] printWAIT [indent] DESCRIPTION
General messages is a collection of functions to print standard status messages - those [ OK ] and [FAIL] messages you see during Linux boot process. The function list: printOK Prints a standard [ OK ] message (green) printFAIL Prints a standard [FAIL] message (red) printNA Prints a standard [ N/A] message (yellow) printATTN Prints a standard [ATTN] message (yellow) printWAIT Prints a standard [WAIT] message (yellow) Detailed interface description follows. indent Column to move to before printing. Default indent is calculated as TTY_WIDTH-10. If current tty width can not be determined (for example, in case of serial console), it defaults to 80, so default indent is 80-10=10 FUNCTIONS DESCRIPTIONS
printOK [indent] Prints a standard [ OK ] message (green) printFAIL [indent] Prints a standard [FAIL] message (red) printNA [indent] Prints a standard [ N/A] message (yellow) printATTN [indent] Prints a standard [ATTN] message (yellow) printWAIT [indent] Prints a standard [WAIT] message (yellow) EXAMPLES
Run a program named MyProg, and report it's success or failure: echo -n 'Running MyProg...' printWAIT if MyProg ; then printOK else printFAIL fi AUTHORS
Hai Zaar <haizaar@haizaar.com> Gil Ran <gil@ran4.net> SEE ALSO
ldbash(1), libbash(1) Linux Epoch Linux