Sponsored Content
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? Will You Get the A(H1N1) Vaccine? Post 302368274 by Corona688 on Wednesday 4th of November 2009 01:00:13 PM
Old 11-04-2009
This flu has already killed healthy young men in my area. I'm getting it.
Quote:
they will also hold back and keep in reserve a batch to treat real genuine cases with, so it's not like this is going to run out anytime soon.
Vaccines are not a treatment! Only a prevention. By the time you get it, it's too late for a vaccine to work! There are a few actual antiviral drugs out there now, like tamaflu, but they are not vaccines.
Quote:
I read somewhere some of these vaccines are actually cultured viruses themselves so can cause different side effects in different people.
Derived from cultured viruses. Derived from -- not actual "live" viruses. The point of a vaccine is to present the right immune triggers to your body without actually infecting you. To this end they take the virus and damage it, make it uninfectious.

I'd also add that in considering whether to get the vaccine or not, you should not only consider the danger to yourself of the infection and the (smaller) risks of the vaccine, but the danger you'd represent to others if you got infected. Higher vaccination rates mean much smaller transmission rates, too.

Last edited by Corona688; 11-04-2009 at 02:09 PM..

page_util_quote(n)					      Parser generator tools						page_util_quote(n)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
page_util_quote - page character quoting utilities SYNOPSIS
package require page::util::quote ?0.1? package require snit ::page::util::quote::unquote char ::page::util::quote::quote'tcl char ::page::util::quote::quote'tclstr char ::page::util::quote::quote'tclcom char _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
This package provides a few utility commands to convert characters into various forms. API
::page::util::quote::unquote char A character, as stored in an abstract syntax tree by a PEG processor (See the packages grammar::peg::interpreter, grammar::me, and their relations), i.e. in some quoted form, is converted into the equivalent Tcl character. The character is returned as the result of the command. ::page::util::quote::quote'tcl char This command takes a Tcl character (internal representation) and converts it into a string which is accepted by the Tcl parser, will regenerate the character in question and is 7bit ASCII. The string is returned as the result of this command. ::page::util::quote::quote'tclstr char This command takes a Tcl character (internal representation) and converts it into a string which is accepted by the Tcl parser and will generate a human readable representation of the character in question. The string is returned as the result of this command. The string does not use any unprintable characters. It may use backslash-quoting. High UTF characters are quoted to avoid problems with the still prevalent ascii terminals. It is assumed that the string will be used in a double-quoted environment. ::page::util::quote::quote'tclcom char This command takes a Tcl character (internal representation) and converts it into a string which is accepted by the Tcl parser when used within a Tcl comment. The string is returned as the result of this command. BUGS, IDEAS, FEEDBACK This document, will undoubtedly contain bugs and other problems. Please report such in the category page of the Tcllib SF Trackers [http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=12883]. Please also report any ideas for enhancements you may have. KEYWORDS
page, parser generator, quoting, text processing CATEGORY
Page Parser Generator COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2007 Andreas Kupries <andreas_kupries@users.sourceforge.net> page 1.0 page_util_quote(n)