Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Sun Fire E2900 crashed. Help analyze explorer Post 302368143 by Sun Fire on Wednesday 4th of November 2009 07:37:48 AM
Old 11-04-2009
Thanks man.

I'm not knowledgeable when it comes to Crash dump analysis.

The document you provided is very helpful, and I don't have that patch installed on the system in question, so it's very possible.

I'll try to patch and the system.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Sun Fire v1280 is crashing

I still haven't got an answer to this question... Excerpt from My SysAd Blog A colleague of mine is having a problem with a Sun Fire v1280 server crashing. He tried Googling for the error message in red but hasn't found anything yet. Your insights would be greatly appreciated. "cannot... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: esofthub
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sun Fire 280R

Hello all, I'm lost and can't figure this problem out. I have a Sun fire 280R running Solaris 8. Everything was working great. I have one drive in bay 1(not 0). But when I reboot the system it trys to open files in /dev/rdsk/c1t1d0s0. Should it have been opeing /dev/rdsk/c1t0d0s0, the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: larryase
4 Replies

3. Solaris

Sun Fire V1280 / E2900 / Netra 1280

Hello, I'm trying to fix this server System Board (CPU/Memory Unit). The error indicates that its missing 3.3VDC. So far all the fuses and caps have been checked. I new at this type of machine, need help for idea on this system. Thank you in advance. Vu (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: vhtran
0 Replies

4. Solaris

Sun Machine Crashed

During system startup the following warnings are appear. Warning: /pci@8, 700000/scsi@6, 1 (g1m1) Connected command timeout for target 9.0 Warning: /pci@8, 700000/scsi@6, 1 (g1m1) Target 9 reducing sync, transfer rate Warning: /pci@8, 700000/scsi@6, 1... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: tabreaz
5 Replies

5. Solaris

Sun Fire 280R Sun Solaris CRT/Monitor requirements

I am new to Sun. I brought Sun Fire 280R to practice UNIX. What are the requirements for the monitor/CRT? Will it burn out old non-Sun CRTs? Does it need LCD monitor? Thanks. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bramptonmt
3 Replies

6. Solaris

Config reader module in Sun MC Agent not work in E2900

Hi men, Have you ever meet this error ? I install full Sun MC 4.0 packages (+ Add ons) exception of Sun Midrange Platform Administration because i don't know how to configure it Then all other servers are ok, only E2900 servers have Config reader module error: Data Acquisition error I... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: tien86
12 Replies

7. Solaris

Question for Sun explorer

I am running Sun Explorer to collect data, but /proc is very big in size so it is takin time to get completed. (Running from past 3 hours). I ran --> /opt/SUNWexplo/bin/explorer -w all,zones root@tsrim03:/# ps -ef | grep -i explo root 27623 6539 0 06:28:59 pts/1 0:03 ksh -p... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: solaris_1977
1 Replies

8. Solaris

How-to find SerialNumber Sun E2900

several newbie questions: > how-to find serialnumber for Sun E2900 prtdiag -v does not show chassis serial number > LOM is not connectable . Are there any tools to get automatically Serial numbers for HW. Thanks ! (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: magedfawzy
7 Replies

9. Solaris

Sun fire x2270

Hello, I have purchaced an old SUn fire x2270 server . I wanted to make ILOM upgrade to the latest version of software : ILOM 3.0.9.18.a r126592 BIOS vers. 2.09 Server 2.2.3 (10-Aug-2018) Because my version is very outdated. But i can't download the updatebecause it's require... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: LouisLakoute
4 Replies
WHAT-PATCH(1)						      General Commands Manual						     WHAT-PATCH(1)

NAME
what-patch - detect which patch system a Debian package uses SYNOPSIS
what-patch [options] DESCRIPTION
what-patch examines the debian/rules file to determine which patch system the Debian package is using. what-patch should be run from the root directory of the Debian source package. OPTIONS
Listed below are the command line options for what-patch: -h, --help Display a help message and exit. -v Enable verbose mode. This will include the listing of any files modified outside or the debian/ directory and report any additional details about the patch system if available. AUTHORS
what-patch was written by Kees Cook <kees@ubuntu.com>, Siegfried-A. Gevatter <rainct@ubuntu.com>, and Daniel Hahler <ubuntu@thequod.de>, among others. This manual page was written by Jonathan Patrick Davies <jpds@ubuntu.com>. Both are released under the GNU General Public License, version 3 or later. SEE ALSO
The Ubuntu MOTU team has some documentation about patch systems at the Ubuntu wiki: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/PackagingGuide/PatchSystems cdbs-edit-patch(1), dbs-edit-patch(1), dpatch-edit-patch(1) DEBIAN
Debian Utilities WHAT-PATCH(1)