Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris How to run CRON JOB IN SOLARIS ZONE ?? Post 302368139 by vijaysachin on Wednesday 4th of November 2009 07:23:24 AM
Old 11-04-2009
Thank you guys problem solved
crontab is working fine Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Run cron job problem

I have the below crontab job that it will run at every 7:00am - 10:00am , it work fine , now if I want to skip to run the crontab job at a specific time , eg. I want the script not to run at next Monday 8:00am ( only skip this time , other time is normal ) , how can I make it ? is it possible ?... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ust
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Does not run via cron job

I have a perl script, when I ran manually it works perfect. I check the permissions which are fine. How can I find out why it is not running? how can I setup a log to check. I am running it on solaris 9. It compares multiple files, SCP and then send out an e-mail. As I said when I ran it... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: amir07
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Need help with a script run by a cron job.

Hi, new to this forum and not sure if this is the right place to post. I'm new to cron jobs and scripts, and I need some help with a script to be used with a cron job. I already have a bot set up at a certain website address and need a script that the cron job will load every day that tells it to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: klawless
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Cron job to run a command from another dir?

I would like to setup a cron job to run a command from another directory. What is the best way to do this? The cron file is in a directory and the script I want it to run is in another directory. I tried doing this in the cron file: /location/of/command/run.sh But that did not work.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sepia
2 Replies

5. Solaris

How to setup a cron job to run every 45 minutes in Solaris 5.10

How to setup a cron job to run every 45 minutes in Solaris 5.10 (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: reyazan
9 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Use cron to run job every other week

my colleague was asking about this: is there a way to run a cron job biweekly, like a script five.sh to run every *OTHER* Friday within November its part about every other Friday we cant find any documentation. thx L (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: lydiaflamp
8 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cron job - Need to run Cron every quarter at particular time

Hi, 1) If some job supposed to run on 1st of every month at 7 AM In cron job when we have a blackout on the 1st ( i.e when 1st falls on a sunday ) how can we make the job run the next business day? 2) How can we run a job on 25th of every quarter 7 AM(jan,apr,jul,oct) And if 25th... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: System Admin 77
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cron Job to Run for 30 minutes

Hello Gurus, I have a requirement to run a job from cron only for 30 minutes duration daily twice at 8.35 am and 20.35 pm Can you please suggest how to schedule the job? Thanks- Pokhraj (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: pokhraj_d
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cron Job to Run every 2 minutes

Hello Gurus, I want to schedule a cron job which will run every 2 minutes starts at 11:25 AM and 3:25 AM daily. Can you please suggest as how to schedule the job. Thanks- Pokhraj Das (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pokhraj_d
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cron job cannot run the command

Hi, I created this cron job for asterisk to send sms daily to a number #!/bin/sh #custom mod - send sms once a day, at 07:00. CRON_PATH="/etc/asterisk/gw/crontabs_root"; if ! grep 'gsm send sms' $CRON_PATH > /dev/null 2>&1 ;then echo "* 7 * * * asterisk -rx 'gsm send sms 1 7666... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jazzyzha
4 Replies
install-solaris(1M)													       install-solaris(1M)

NAME
install-solaris - install the Solaris operating system SYNOPSIS
install-solaris install-solaris invokes the Solaris Install program. Depending on graphical capability and available memory at the time of invocation, install-solaris invokes either a text-based installer or a graphical installer. The following minimum requirements for physical memory dictate which features are available during installation: For SPARC machines: 128 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 128 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 384 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation For x86 machines: 256 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 256 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 512 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation In some cases, even if the minimum physical memory is present, available virtual memory after system startup can limit the number of fea- tures available. install-solaris exists only on the Solaris installation media (CD or DVD) and should be invoked only from there. Refer to the for more details. install-solaris allows installation of the operating system onto any standalone system. install-solaris loads the software available on the installation media. Refer to the for disk space requirements. Refer to the for more information on the various menus and selections. See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcdrom (Solaris instal- | | |lation media) | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ pkginfo(1), install(1M), pkgadd(1M), attributes(5) It is advisable to exit install-solaris by means of the exit options in the install-solaris menus. 23 Sep 2005 install-solaris(1M)