Sponsored Content
Homework and Emergencies Emergency UNIX and Linux Support TCL scripting - searching for a IP address in a string Post 302368124 by ahmad.diab on Wednesday 4th of November 2009 07:01:28 AM
Old 11-04-2009
Thanks man
BR

One more thing ..can you please recommend to me some books related to TCL & TK

---------- Post updated at 07:01 AM ---------- Previous update was at 06:58 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahmad.diab
Thanks man
BR
Quote:
One more thing ..can you please recommend to me some books related to TCL & TK

Thanks in advance

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extracting a string from one file and searching the same string in other files

Hi, Need to extract a string from one file and search the same in other files. Ex: I have file1 of hundred lines with no delimiters not even space. I have 3 more files. I should get 1 to 10 characters say substring from each line of file1 and search that string in rest of the files and get... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mohancrr
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

String manipulation in TCL

Suppose pwd=/home/user/work/wip1 How to output the "pwd string" into 5 chunks? /home/user/work/wip1 /home/user/work /home/user /home / :confused: (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jehrome_rando
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

getting a string from user while executing a tcl script

Hi All, I am executing a Tcl script and i am trying to get the user input while they execute the script at start itself like >>filename.tcl USERINPUT and then i will take this userinput inside the the tcl assign it to some variable for further manipulation/processing ...... can anyone pls... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sukrish
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Howto set string variable in TCL?

Anyone knows how to set variable in TCL ? let say i have a password variable and it will have different values. set variable and variable has different values like: xxxx yyyy zzzz (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: linuxgeek
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

searching the required string and appending string to it.

Hi all, I have some data in the form of adc|nvhs|nahssn|njadnk|nkfds in the above data i need to write a script so thet it will append "|||" to the third occurnace in the string ..... the outout should look like adc|nvhs|nahssn||||njadnk|nkfds Thanks, Firestar. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: firestar
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

TCL expect out string with multiple lines

Hello, I will be sending this command to a specific COMID: exp_send-i $COMID "fdisk -l | grep Disk | awk '{print $2}'" The command will produce this output: /dev/sda /dev/sdb etc.. the problem is how do I store the output in a variable in TCL, I am currently using this to grab the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: h0ujun
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help with TCL code to find IP address from a URL

Need help with a a tcl code. Need to find out the ip address from a URL if it is present to do some activity. The URLs will be of the form <domain>?a=12345&d=somestring1(Note: c not present) <domain>?c=10.10.10.100&d=somestring1 <domain>?a=12345&b=somestring1&c=10.1.2.4&d=somestring2... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ampak
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

TCL scripting: errorInfo=integer value too large to represent

The username is of the format : 123456789110000-1234@something.com With this below TCL procedure, I am trying add first and Sec Id and get third Id. I checked in online compiler and it seems to work and add. However, when I am running this in my lab, I get error as "integer value too large to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Shaibal_bp
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

TCL scripting: errorInfo=integer value too large to represent

The username is of the format : 123456789110000-1234@something.com With this below TCL procedure, I am trying add first and Sec Id and get third Id. I checked in online compiler and it seems to work and add. However, when I am running this in my lab, I get error as "integer value too large to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shaibal_bp
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Difficulty searching for IP address in a file

Hi, Below is the command I use to search for IP address in a file. find ./ -type f \( -name "*.txt" -or -name "*.xml" \) | xargs grep -oE "\b({1,3}\.){3}{1,3}\b"As an output I found three IP address and below is how they look. #Listen 112.34.56.58:80 Listen 112.134.56.58:80 #This is an... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
7 Replies
MB_EREG_SEARCH_INIT(3)							 1						    MB_EREG_SEARCH_INIT(3)

mb_ereg_search_init - Setup string and regular expression for a multibyte regular expression match

SYNOPSIS
bool mb_ereg_search_init (string $string, [string $pattern], [string $option = "msr"]) DESCRIPTION
mb_ereg_search_init(3) sets $string and $pattern for a multibyte regular expression. These values are used for mb_ereg_search(3), mb_ereg_search_pos(3), and mb_ereg_search_regs(3). PARAMETERS
o $string - The search string. o $pattern - The search pattern. o $option - The search option. RETURN VALUES
Returns TRUE on success or FALSE on failure. NOTES
Note The internal encoding or the character encoding specified by mb_regex_encoding(3) will be used as the character encoding for this function. SEE ALSO
mb_regex_encoding(3), mb_ereg_search_regs(3). PHP Documentation Group MB_EREG_SEARCH_INIT(3)