Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to do String manipulations using Substring function in Shell Post 302368123 by rdcwayx on Wednesday 4th of November 2009 06:56:47 AM
Old 11-04-2009
Code:
echo "/opt/project/data/int/holdFiles/csv195687.csv" |awk -F[/] '{print $NF}'

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Substring function in UNIX shell script

Hi All, Following is the output of a find commnd to locate log directories for various projects of UNIX AIX box: /home/hbinz6pf/projectlibs/dpr_pfsdw_dev/&PH& /opt/tools/ds/Template/&PH& /data/ds/ms/hmsdw/projectlibs/dpr_ms_dev/&PH& /data/ds/riskmi/projectlibs/dpr_riskmi_dev/&PH&... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: csrazdan
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Substring function in UNIX shell script

Hi All, Following is the output of a find commnd to locate log directories for various projects of UNIX AIX box: /home/hbinz6pf/projectlibs/dpr_pfsdw_dev/&PH& /opt/tools/ds/Template/&PH& /data/ds/ms/hmsdw/projectlibs/dpr_ms_dev/&PH& /data/ds/riskmi/projectlibs/dpr_riskmi_dev/&PH&... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: csrazdan
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Substring Function

Just so you know guys, I am a SAP Person and I am very new to UNIX. I need a help on a one line code. In one of our script we are referring to a variable ($PN) which has the value /interfaces/DA1/DEV291/outbound/INVOIC which is being used in ftp command. I am just looking for a command to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sasikumar_l
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using Awk in shell script to extract an index of a substring from a parent string

Hi All, I am new to this shell scripting world. Struck up with a problem, can anyone of you please pull me out of this. Requirement : Need to get the index of a substring from a parent string Eg : index("Sandy","dy") should return 4 or 3. My Approach : I used Awk function index to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sandeepms17
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

help for shell script of finding shortest substring from given string by user

please give me proper solution for finding a shortest substring from given string if string itself and first char and last char of that substr are also given by user if S="dpoaoqooroo" and FC="o" and LC="o",then shortest substr is "oo" and rest of the string is "dpoaoqroo" i have code but it is... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pankajd
1 Replies

6. Linux

Selecting substring (like SQL Server function)

Hey, geniuses of the world (no--facetious is NOT the word of the day;))! I was wondering if there's a way to extract a specific portion from a string of characters in UNIX/LINUX. Give me the generic capabilities (assuming they exist) and I'll figure out the small details. But if you know... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: ProGrammar
8 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Substring a returned function value

Hello, I have something that should be very simple yet I am losing my head in figuring out how to get it to work: I am calling a function passing a parameter, this will return a particular string, next I want to substring the returned value and break it apart. All of this I want to do on a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gio001
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Substring Function

I have a file in which there are other file path and names /home/data/abc.txt /home/data/sdf.txt /home/data/sdg.txt how can I get the file names i.e. abc.txt sdf.txt sdg.txt I searched the forum for sed command but it was confusing to me (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: eskay
10 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pass a variable string in To_Date Oracle function in shell script

Hello, I am trying to execute an SQL query from shell script. A part of script is something like this: fromDate=`echo $(date +"%F%T") | sed "s/-//g" | sed "s/://g"` $ORACLE_HOME/sqlplus -s /nolog <<EOD1 connect $COSDBUID/$COSDBPWD@$COSDBSID spool... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sanketpatel.86
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extracting substring within string between 2 token within the string

Hello. First best wishes for everybody. here is the input file ("$INPUT1") contents : BASH_FUNC_message_begin_script%%=() { local -a L_ARRAY; BASH_FUNC_message_debug%%=() { local -a L_ARRAY; BASH_FUNC_message_end_script%%=() { local -a L_ARRAY; BASH_FUNC_message_error%%=() { local... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jcdole
3 Replies
ifpps(8)							netsniff-ng-toolkit							  ifpps(8)

NAME
ifpps - fetch and format kernel network statistics SYNOPSIS
ifpps -d|--dev <netdev> [-t|--interval <sec>][-p|--promisc][-c|--term] [-C|--csv][-H|--csv-tablehead][-l|--loop][-v|--version][-h|--help] DESCRIPTION
A tiny tool to provide top-like reliable networking statistics. ifpps reads out the 'real' kernel statistics, so it does not give erroneous statistics on high I/O load. OPTIONS
ifpps --dev eth0 Fetch eth0 interface statistics. ifpps --dev eth0 --interval 60 --csv Output eth0 interface statistics every minute in CSV format. OPTIONS
-h|--help Print help text and lists all options. -v|--version Print version. -d|--dev <netdev> Device to fetch statistics for i.e., eth0. -p|--promisc Put the device in promiscuous mode -t|--interval <time> Refresh time in sec (default 1 sec) -c|--term Output to terminal -C|--csv Output in CSV format. E.g. post-processing with Gnuplot et al. -H|--csv-tablehead Print CSV table head. -l|--loop Loop terminal output. AUTHOR
Written by Daniel Borkmann <daniel@netsniff-ng.org> DOCUMENTATION
Documentation by Emmanuel Roullit <emmanuel@netsniff-ng.org> BUGS
Please report bugs to <bugs@netsniff-ng.org> 2012-06-29 ifpps(8)