Sponsored Content
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? Will You Get the A(H1N1) Vaccine? Post 302368029 by sparcguy on Wednesday 4th of November 2009 03:55:21 AM
Old 11-04-2009
I read somewhere some of these vaccines are actually cultured viruses themselves so can cause different side effects in different people.

I guess since they already have it and the hospitals are stockpiling it there's no immediate need to rush out to get this anymore. The Hospitals will sell some to the general public to those that want it. but they will also hold back and keep in reserve a batch to treat real genuine cases with, so it's not like this is going to run out anytime soon.

EVIO(3) 								 1								   EVIO(3)

The EvIo class

INTRODUCTION
EvIo watchers check whether a file descriptor(or socket, or a stream castable to numeric file descriptor) is readable or writable in each iteration of the event loop, or, more precisely, when reading would not block the process and writing would at least be able to write some data. This behaviour is called level-triggering because events are kept receiving as long as the condition persists. To stop receiving events just stop the watcher. The number of read and/or write event watchers per $fd is unlimited. Setting all file descriptors to non-blocking mode is also usually a good idea(but not required). Another thing to watch out for is that it is quite easy to receive false readiness notifications, i.e. the callback might be called with Ev::READ but a subsequent read() will actually block because there is no data. It is very easy to get into this situation. Thus it is best to always use non-blocking I/O: An extra read() returning EAGAIN (or similar) is far preferable to a program hanging until some data arrives. If for some reason it is impossible to run the $fd in non-blocking mode, then separately re-test whether a file descriptor is really ready. Some people additionally use SIGALRM and an interval timer, just to be sure thry won't block infinitely. Always consider using non-blocking mode. CLASS SYNOPSIS
EvIo EvIoextends EvWatcher Properties o public$fd o public$events Inherited properties o public$is_active o public$data o public$is_pending o public$priority Methods o public EvIo::__construct (mixed $fd, int $events, callable $callback, [mixed $data], [int $priority]) o finalpublicstatic EvIo EvIo::createStopped NULL (mixed $fd, int $events, callable $callback, [mixed $data], [int $priority]) o public void EvIo::set (mixed $fd, int $events) Inherited methods o public int EvWatcher::clear (void ) o abstractpublic EvWatcher::__construct (void ) o public void EvWatcher::feed (int $revents) o public EvLoop EvWatcher::getLoop (void ) o public void EvWatcher::invoke (int $revents) o public bool EvWatcher::keepalive ([bool $value]) o public void EvWatcher::setCallback (callable $callback) o public void EvWatcher::start (void ) o public void EvWatcher::stop (void ) PROPERTIES
o $fd - o $events - PHP Documentation Group EVIO(3)