Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: crontabs entry not working
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting crontabs entry not working Post 302367934 by DILEEP410 on Tuesday 3rd of November 2009 08:32:21 PM
Old 11-03-2009
Question crontabs entry not working

Hi,
I have a crontab entry like the one shown below. My aim is to run the script from 06.10pm to 06.10am. But it seems not working.

Code:
10 18-06 * * * /usr/local/proj/cgi-bin/printmsg.pl 1>> /usr/local/proj/cgi-bin/printmsg.pl 2>> /usr/local/proj/cronlogs/printmsg.log

Is this entry wrong or anybody knows the reason why it's not working.
Thanks in Advance!

Regards
Dileep

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Jobs scheduled in crontabs are not running after a migration to oracle 9i

Good Morning. The problem started after tha migration to a newer version of oracle - migration to oracle 9i. Before the migration jobs that were scheduled in crontabs were running ok. but after the migration they are not running. I understand that is not easy to find out what the problem is.... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: alexcol
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Monitoring Crontabs

Hi So, here is a million doller question. Being a Unix and Linux Admin we all use cront jobs to automate our tasks. But what if we need to monitor the cronjob itself. Oh!!! boy that can be a pain. Few Techniques: 1. Redirect the output of the cronjob to a log file.:p 2. Using MAILTO option... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: r00t4u
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

perl crontab entry not working

Hi I have a perl script which used 'glance' command to return all the processes with the thread count. It is working fine when it is executed as a command, but as a crontab entry, the perl script is not getting executed. thdcnt.pl #!/usr/bin/perl my $cmd=`glance -bootup -adviser_only... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: manaac
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Crontab entry is not working

Hi I am trying to test the crontab entry by setting time as below ( set ahead more than 3min before saving the cron) crontab entry: 30 15 1-27 * * && (cd /scripts;./script.csh.prod.UAT /dev/null 2>&1) But this is not working, but below one is working. 30 15 1-27 * * (cd... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jramesh1
1 Replies

5. Solaris

crontab entry not working

Hi, I have added the script entry into crontab by using crontab -e. 30 * * * * /scripts/info.pl $HOME/GCSS/logs > /dev/null 2>&1 But its not working yet. Note: When i was added the script by the time I have faced issue as below 1) If I use crontab -l then i got cant open the script. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mani_apr08
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Multiple Crontabs

I have a crontab job in my sun solaris server and basically i have a unix script in 3 different parts 1 part will do an auto ftp from a server 2 part will have some grep and awk related commands and generate certain files 3 part the files that are generated above will be auto ftpied again... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aravindj80
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Crontab - entry not working , cron job not running

I have put a cron entry in oracle user for taking hot backup every wednesday@ 2.30 AM and have given the cron entry 30 02 * * 3 /u01/vijay/hotbackupcron 2>&1 >> /u01/vijay/hotbackup.log also find below the script inside hotbackupcron, i have put in env variables as well ... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: vijaymec50
13 Replies

8. How to Post in the The UNIX and Linux Forums

Help me, write a bash script to delete parent entry with all their child entry in LDAP UNIX server

Hi All, Please help me and guide me to write a bash/shell script on Linux box to delete parent entry with all their child entries. example: Parent is : ---------- dn: email=yogesh.kumar@wipro.com, o=wipro, o=in child is: ---------- dn: cn: yogesh kumar, email=yogesh.kumar@wipro.com,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Chand
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to replace multiple "&nbsp;" entry with in <td> tag into single entry using sed?

I have the input file like this. Input file: 12.txt 1) There are one or more than one <tr> tags in same line. 2) Some tr tags may have one <td> or more tna one <td> tags within it. 3) Few <td> tags having "<td> &nbsp; </td>". Few having more than one "&nbsp;" entry in it. <tr> some td... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: thomasraj87
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Disk Space Utilization in HTML format working in one environment and not working on the other

Hi Team, I have written the shell script which returns the result of the disk space filesystems which has crossed the threshold limit in HTML Format. Below mentioned is the script which worked perfectly on QA system. df -h | awk -v host=`hostname` ' BEGIN { print "<table border="4"... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: Harihsun
13 Replies
CRON(8) 						      System Manager's Manual							   CRON(8)

NAME
cron - daemon to execute scheduled commands (ISC Cron V4.1) SYNOPSIS
cron [-l load_avg] [-n] DESCRIPTION
Cron should be started from /etc/rc or /etc/rc.local. It will return immediately, so you don't need to start it with '&'. The -n option changes this default behavior causing it to run in the foreground. This can be useful when starting it out of init. Cron searches /var/spool/cron for crontab files which are named after accounts in /etc/passwd; crontabs found are loaded into memory. Cron also searches for /etc/crontab and the files in the /etc/cron.d directory, which are in a different format (see crontab(5)). Cron then wakes up every minute, examining all stored crontabs, checking each command to see if it should be run in the current minute. When execut- ing commands, any output is mailed to the owner of the crontab (or to the user named in the MAILTO environment variable in the crontab, if such exists). Additionally, cron checks each minute to see if its spool directory's modtime (or the modtime on /etc/crontab) has changed, and if it has, cron will then examine the modtime on all crontabs and reload those which have changed. Thus cron need not be restarted whenever a crontab file is modified. Note that the Crontab(1) command updates the modtime of the spool directory whenever it changes a crontab. Daylight Saving Time and other time changes Local time changes of less than three hours, such as those caused by the start or end of Daylight Saving Time, are handled specially. This only applies to jobs that run at a specific time and jobs that are run with a granularity greater than one hour. Jobs that run more fre- quently are scheduled normally. If time has moved forward, those jobs that would have run in the interval that has been skipped will be run immediately. Conversely, if time has moved backward, care is taken to avoid running jobs twice. Time changes of more than 3 hours are considered to be corrections to the clock or timezone, and the new time is used immediately. PAM Access Control On SUSE LINUX systems, crond now supports access control with PAM - see pam(8). A PAM configuration file for crond is installed in /etc/pam.d/crond . crond loads the PAM environment from the pam_env module, but these can be overriden by settings in the crontab file. SIGNALS
On receipt of a SIGHUP, the cron daemon will close and reopen its log file. This is useful in scripts which rotate and age log files. Naturally this is not relevant if cron was built to use syslog(3). CAVEATS
In this version of cron, /etc/crontab must not be writable by any user other than root. No crontab files may be links, or linked to by any other file. No crontab files may be executable, or be writable by any user other than their owner. SEE ALSO
crontab(1), crontab(5), pam(8) AUTHOR
Paul Vixie <vixie@isc.org> 4th Berkeley Distribution 10 January 1996" CRON(8)