Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Case inside case?
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Case inside case? Post 302367861 by steadyonabix on Tuesday 3rd of November 2009 04:27:53 PM
Old 11-03-2009
This seems to work in korn: -

Code:
print "1) sub menu"
print "2) nothing"

while true; do
  read SELECT
  case $SELECT in
    1)    print "a) option a"
          print "b) option b"
          while read SELECT2;do
            case $SELECT2 in
              "a") print "A selected";;
              "b") print "B selected";;
            esac
            break 2
          done;;
    2) print "2 selected";;
  esac
  break
done

Output

Code:
poweredge:/home/brad/forum/scratch>menus   
1) sub menu
2) nothing
a) option a
b) option b
b
B selected
poweredge:/home/brad/forum/scratch>menus   
1) sub menu
2) nothing
a) option a
b) option b
a
A selected

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

lower case to upper case string conversion in shell script

How can convert a Lower case variable value to an upper case in the kron shell script. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dchalavadi
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script needed to select and delete lower case and mixed case records

HELLO ALL, URGENTLY NEEDED A SCRIPT TO SELECT AND DELETE LOWER AND MIXED CASE RECORDS FROM A COLUMN IN A TABLE. FOR EXAMPLE : Table name is EMPLOYEE and the column name is CITY and the CITY column records will be: Newyork washington ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: abhilash mn
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

data array needs to change upper case to lower case

Hi all, i have a data array as followes. ARRAY=DFSG345GGG ARRAY=234FDFG090 ARRAY=VDFVGBGHH so on.......... i need all english letters to be change to lower case. So i am expecting to see ARRAY=dfsg345ggg ARRAY=234fdfg090 ARRAY=vdfvgbghh so on........ If i have to copy this data in... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: usustarr
8 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed ignoring case for search but respecting case for subtitute

Hi I want to make string substitution ignoring case for search but respecting case for subtitute. Ex changing all occurences of "original" in a file to "substitute": original becomes substitute Origninal becomes Substitute ORIGINAL becomes SUBSTITUTE I know this a little special but it's not... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kmchen
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Solved] Change Upper case to Lower case in C shell

Is there a command that can switch a character variable from UPPER case to lower case? like foreach AC ( ABC BCD PLL QIO) set ac `COMMAND($AC)` ... end Thanks a lot! (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rockytodd
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Conversion from Upper Case to Lower Case Condition based

Hello Unix Gurus : It would be really appreciative if can find a solution for this . I have records in a file . I need to Capitalize the records based on condition . For Example i tried the following Command COMMAND --> fgrep "2000YUYU" /export/home/oracle/TST/data.dat | tr '' ''... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: tsbiju
12 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Nested case inside awk

please let me know if the below code could be written efficiently inside single awk case "$INP" in ksh) cat catalog | awk 'BEGIN {FS=",";} { print $2 } END {}' ;; pset) cat catalog | awk 'BEGIN {FS=",";} { print $3 } END {}' ;; dml) cat catalog | awk 'BEGIN {FS=",";} {... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cvsanthosh
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Change first letter of a word from lower case to upper case

Hi all, I am trying to find a way to change first letter in a word from lower case to upper case. It should be done for each first word in text or in paragraph, and also for each word after punctuation like . ; : ! ?I found the following command sed -i 's/\s*./\U&\E/g' $@ filenamebut... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: georgi58
7 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Case inside While read File

Hi Experts, Need your guidance for case statement. I tried many way but no success yet.Now my existing code is doing something like below. Each Line of the input file contains one test case.#!/bin/bash FILE=$1 while read LINE; do do COMMAND done < $FILE Now I want to modify the code... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: pradyumnajpn10
6 Replies
DXmPrintWgtAugmentList(3X)												DXmPrintWgtAugmentList(3X)

NAME
DXmPrintWgtAugmentList - Defines additional print formats and lets you add new options to the print widget option menus. SYNOPSIS
unsigned long int DXmPrintWgtAugmentList( Widget pw, int list, XtPointer data ); PARAMETERS
The print widget. The print formats or options, indicated by the following values: ------------------------------------------------------- Value Description ------------------------------------------------------- DXmFILE_BURST_SHEET Specifies the availability and frequency of printed File Burst Sheets. DXmFILE_END_SHEET Specifies the availability and frequency of printed File End Sheets. DXmFILE_START_SHEET Specifies the availability and frequency of printed File Start Sheets. DXmINPUT_TRAY Specifies the input tray holding the sheet to be used for the print job. DXmMESSAGE_LOG Specifies what is to be done with error messages generated during the print operation. DXmOUTPUT_TRAY Specifies the output tray in which the sheet is to be placed. DXmPAGE_SIZE Specifies the size of the print image. DXmPRINT_FORMAT Specifies the print format. DXmSHEET_SIZE Specifies the size of the sheet. DXmSIDES Specifies how many sides of the sheet will be printed. ------------------------------------------------------- One of the following data structures: DXmPrintFormatStruct, which has the following structure: typedef struct _DXmPrintFormatStruct { XmString ui_string; XmString os_string; XmString var_string; } DXmPrintFormatStruct; Specifies the label displayed in the user interface. Specifies a string that identifies the print format to the operating system. Specifies the UNIX environment variable that identifies the print format. DXmPrintOptionMenuStruct, which has the following struc- ture: typedef struct _DXmPrintOptionMenuStruct { XmString ui_string; XmString os_string; } DXmPrintOptionMenuStruct; Specifies the label displayed in the user interface. Specifies a string that identifies the print option for the operating system. DESCRIPTION
The DXmPrintWgtAugmentList routine defines additional print formats and lets you add new options to the print widget option menus. Note that the return value (an integer) is not required when adding print formats. However, the Intrinsics routines XtGetValues and XtSetValues use that integer when subsequent calls are made on the option menus. RETURN VALUES
An integer that represents either the number of print formats known to the print widget or the identifier of a new option added to the print widget option menu, depending on the operation performed. A Null return indicates that the addition of a print format or option was unsuccessful. SEE ALSO
DXmCreatePrintBox(3X), DXmCreatePrintDialog(3X), DXmPrintWgtPrintJob(3X) X Window System Toolkit DXmPrintWgtAugmentList(3X)