Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Background job when completed Post 302367484 by methyl on Monday 2nd of November 2009 08:22:06 PM
Old 11-02-2009
Post withdrawn. Test is in retrospect and with three processes submitted in this manner it is not possible to determine when each one finished.

Last edited by methyl; 11-02-2009 at 09:28 PM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

background job

I try to run a script as background job. script: #!/usr/bin/csh /usr/bin/date +20%y-%m-%d > ~/datsql.txt If I start it I got this output: tac> ./datermitteln& 293 + Stopped (SIGTTOU) ./datermitteln& I insert the following line inside my script, but without any... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: joerg
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Background job

Hiya, Recently I've run a few scripts in the foreground, but have realised later they should of been better nohup'd and placed in the background. I understand how to change a foreground job into a background one, but how would put the job into the nohup state? Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rdbooth
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

background job

on gnome i open a terminal and run wget http://soommmething & in the background. because wget shows me downloading progress percentage and download speed continuously, I exit the gnome-terminal after a while i want to see the download percentage but dont know how. my ps -u myname shows that... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: babayeve
3 Replies

4. Solaris

killing a unix job after the job process gets completed

Hi, Thanks in advance. i need to kill a unix background running job after that job process completes. i can kill a job by giving the following unix command kill -9 processid how to kill the job after the current process run gets completed ? Appreciate your valuable help. Thanks... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: dtazv
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to Start a Job after finding the Old job completed

Hi Experts, I need a script advice to schedule 12 jobs ( SAS Codes execute back ground ). Algorithem: 1. Script checks first job. 2. Finds first job is done; invoke second job. 3. finds second job is done; invoke third job. .. Request you to please assist. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jerald Nathan
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Send an email once a job is completed

Hi, The HPCs I used earlier used PBS (Portable Batch System) to schedule when I was running various jobs and it had an option to send me an email once a job is completed. I'm wondering whether this is possible for any other process (without the use of PBS). For example, I'm running some codes... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lost.identity
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Background Job

Hello Everyody, Having a doubt. sort file1 & when we sent a job to the background it returns Job Number PID again if we want to ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: knroy10
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

System terminating diff command before job completed

I'm running diff at the command prompt against two very large text files (>1GB) and system kills the process and replys back "Terminated" after 15 seconds. I believe a system parameter needs to be adjusted but can't figure it out. I'm running Red Hat 4.1.2-46, 2.6.18-028stab089.1 Thanks... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: azpetef
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Background job issue

How to bring a backgroud job say sample_script.sh to foreground (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rafa_fed2
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to find the shellscript which is running In background is completed or not?

HI All, I need the answer of below question? 1) how to find the shellscript which is running In background is completed or not ? ex: I know the shellscript name abc.sh which is running in background through cronjob. I want to know this is job is still running or stopped, how to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pspriyanka
3 Replies