Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting line 5: [: -gt: unary operator expected Post 302367336 by Scott on Monday 2nd of November 2009 09:31:44 AM
Old 11-02-2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahmad.diab
Do the correction below:-

Code:
while [[ $lines -gt 0 ]]
do
commands
done

[[ ]] shouldn't be neccessary if the file ecoli_operons exists and is readable as the Awk always returns a number. It should even work on Solaris!

I would be more inclined to use "wc -l < ecoli_eperons", or "grep -c . ecoli_operons", but as I test the code given, it works fine as ilong as the file is readable.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

unary operator expected error

Hi I am doing a script like if then echo "table name dosent exist" exit fi the problem is if $table_name is null then i am getting the error Please help me Thanks in advance (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ssuresh1999
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

unary operator expected

hi i am trying to compare a value with value 50. but i am getting " I am using if then echo "------------" fi please help thanks in advance Satya (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Satyak
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

[: =: unary operator expected

HI, while running a script, I got the below mentioned error. /bin/sh: line10 : supportedMozillaVersion() { case "$*" in *rv:1.*) return 0;; *rv:.*) return 0;; *rv:*) return 1;; Mozilla\ 1.*) return 0;; Mozilla\ .*) return 0;; *) return 1;; esac } supportedFirefoxVersion() { case... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: bhag281
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

unary operator expected

Im trying to fix my /etc/weekly that rotates various logs however it does them no matter what filesize they are and i want them to only do it if there file size exceeds 2M or something. So I'm playing with a script to get the filesize using a ls -l command which works and puts the value into a... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: timgolding
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Problem unary operator expected

I get the following error ./get_NE05: line 42: while do echo ${STRING_NAME} J=1 if ; then EXT=0$I else EXT=$I fi while do echo $I-$J #calculating last occurrence OCCURRENCE=`grep -io "${STRING_NAME}"... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: f_o_555
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

[: =: unary operator expected error

Why am I getting this error.... #!/bin/sh # iOS-Ad-Remover # Marshall Ford @ marshallbford@gmail.com # This project is hosted @ http://ios-ad- # remover.sourceforge.net # Under the GNU GPL open source license clear echo if ; then echo "You need to be root to run this script."; exit 0; #... (24 Replies)
Discussion started by: mbf123
24 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

unary operator expected

i=0 while Shell script reports an error "unary operator expected" pointing the above line. $i by default is 0 and holds integer value and $buf is also holding integer value. Please can some one let me know what is missing. Thanks. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sunrexstar
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

: unary operator expected

Hiya all, Why do I get a :unary operator expected when I try to put a condition statement in my shell script (sh) like so and how to fix? if ; then echo "say hello" else echo "don't say hello" fi ? It seems if the script receives an argument it works but if I don't put an... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: cyberfrog
4 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

[: -gt: unary operator expected

Hi I have problem with my script. I dont now why but i don't change anything and script stop working. this is my code: #!/bin/sh for i in `ps -A | grep pocron.sh | grep -v grep | awk '{print $2}'` do COUNT=$((COUNT+1)) done ostatnie_wykonanie=`cat porader.log`... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: fotex
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unary operator expected

In all my Googling, this usually happens when someone is comparing a variable, and that variable is unset. That doesn't appear to be the case for me... #!/bin/bash -x while read line do f=$(echo $line | tr -s ' ' | cut -d' ' -f 3) echo $f if then echo "This... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jnojr
2 Replies
uri_urn(n)					    Tcl Uniform Resource Identifier Management						uri_urn(n)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
uri_urn - URI utilities, URN scheme SYNOPSIS
package require Tcl 8.2 package require uri::urn ?1.1.2? uri::urn::quote url uri::urn::unquote url _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
This package provides two commands to quote and unquote the disallowed characters for url using the urn scheme, registers the scheme with the package uri, and provides internal helpers which will be automatically used by the commands uri::split and uri::join of package uri to handle urls using the urn scheme. COMMANDS
uri::urn::quote url This command quotes the characters disallowed by the urn scheme (per RFC 2141 sec2.2) in the url and returns the modified url as its result. uri::urn::unquote url This commands performs the reverse of ::uri::urn::quote. It takes an urn url, removes the quoting from all disallowed characters, and returns the modified urls as its result. BUGS, IDEAS, FEEDBACK This document, and the package it describes, will undoubtedly contain bugs and other problems. Please report such in the category uri of the Tcllib SF Trackers [http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=12883]. Please also report any ideas for enhancements you may have for either package and/or documentation. KEYWORDS
rfc 2141, uri, url, urn CATEGORY
Networking uri 1.1.2 uri_urn(n)