Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Print two matched words from the same line Post 302367291 by pravin27 on Monday 2nd of November 2009 05:54:00 AM
Old 11-02-2009
Hi,

Try this

Code:
#!/usr/bin/perl

while (<>) {
        chomp ;
        @array = split;
        for (@array) {
        print "$_\t" if (length($_) == 6);
        }
        print "\n";
}

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

print only last two words of a line

can u help me out to print last two words of each sentence of a file. for example. contents of input file: i love songs my favourite songs sent songs all kind good buddy Ouput file should contain: love songs favourite songs sent all kind good buddy (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: pradeepreddy
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to print the words in the same line with space or to the predefined line?

HI, cat test abc echo "def" >> test output is cat test abc def the needed output is cat test abc def and so on (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jobycxa
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

AWK Print Line If Specific Character Is Matched

Hello, I have a file as such: FFFFFFF6C000000 225280 225240 - - rwxs- FFFFFFFF79C00000 3240 3240 - - rwxs- FFFFFFFF7A000000 4096 4096 - - rwxs- FFFFFFFF7A400000 64 64 ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: PointyWombat
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

print number of words in each line

Hi, Please suggest a way to print number of words in the end of each line. <input file> red aunt house blue sky bat and ball game <output file> red aunt house 3 blue sky 2 bat and ball game 4 Thanks! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mira
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print only matched string instead of entire line

Hi, I have a file whose lines are something like Tchampionspsq^@~^@^^^A^@^@^@^A^A^Aÿð^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^@^A^@^@^@^@^?ð^@^@^@^@^@^@^@?ð^@^@^@^@^@^@pppsq^@~^@#@^@^@^@^@^@^Hw^H^@^@^@^K^@^@^@^@xp^At^@^FTtime2psq^@ ~^@^^^A^@^@^@^B^A I need to extract all words matching T*psq from the file. Thing is... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: shekhar2010us
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print line between two patterns when a certain pattern matched

Hello Friends, I need to print lines in between two string when a keyword existed in those lines (keywords like exception, error, failed, not started etc). for example, input: .. Begin Edr ab12 ac13 ad14 bc23 exception occured bd24 cd34 dd44 ee55 ff66 End Edr (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: EAGL€
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Regex: print matched line and exact pattern match

Hi experts, I have a file with regexes which is used for automatic searches on several files (40+ GB). To do some postprocessing with the grep result I need the matching line as well as the match itself. I know that the latter could be achieved with grep's -o option. But I'm not aware of a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: stresing
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

To print from the first line until pattern is matched

Hi I want to print the line until pattern is matched. I am using below code: sed -n '1,/pattern / p' file It is working fine for me , but its not working for exact match. sed -n '1,/^LAC$/ p' file Input: LACC FEGHRA 0 LACC FACAF 0 LACC DARA 0 LACC TALAC 0 LAC ILACTC 0... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Abhisrajput
8 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to print two matched patterns only from each line?

My input looks like this. # Lot Of CODE Before AppType_somethinglese=$(cat << EOF AppType_test1='test-tool/blatest-tool-ear' AppType_test2='test/blabla-ear' # Lot Of CODE After I want to print text betwen 1) _ and = and 2)/ and ' from each line and exclude lines with "EOF". Output... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kchinnam
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to print previous line of multiple pattern matched line?

Hello, I have below format log file, Comparing csv_converted_files/2201/9747.1012H67126.5077292103609547345.csv and csv_converted_files/22019/97447.1012H67126.5077292103609547345.csv Comparing csv_converted_files/2559/9447.1012H67126.5077292103609547345.csv and... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: arvindshukla81
6 Replies
GRI_MERGE(1)						      General Commands Manual						      GRI_MERGE(1)

NAME
gri_merge - merge multiple Gri output files into a single PostScript file. USAGE (style 1): gri_merge [OPTIONS] CxR a.ps b.ps ... > merged_file.ps Merges the files onto one page, in 'C' columns and 'R' rows. The CxR files are given in the order of words on a page. The page is pre- sumed to be 8.5x11in in size, as are all the input files, and the input files are sized to fit, and kept in natural scale. USAGE (style 2): gri_merge [OPTIONS] xcm ycm enlarge a.ps [b.ps ...] > merged_file.ps Where `enlarge' is a scale factor applied after offsetting `xcm' to the right and `ycm' upward. EXAMPLE (style 2): The following gri_merge 2 12 .5 a.ps 12 12 .5 b.ps 2 2 .5 c.ps 12 2 .5 d.ps > all.ps produces 4 panels from gri plots done using margins and sizes as specified in the following lines in a gri commandfile set x margin 2 set x size 15 set y margin 2 set y size 15 The OPTIONS, available if your 'perl' has 'getopts' library, are: -u graylevel -- set graylevel for underlay beneath panels, by default 0.75. Values range from 0 (black) to 1 (white), although a value of precisely 1 means do NOT draw underlay. -b graylevel -- Set value for background under individual panels, again 0 for black to 1 for white, with 1 meaning no drawing. -h -- Print this help message and quit. SEE ALSO
gri(1), gri_unpage(1) gri_merge 2009 GRI_MERGE(1)