Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting how to delete records with the given line numbers Post 302367237 by mad_man12 on Monday 2nd of November 2009 02:09:08 AM
Old 11-02-2009
Thanks SCRUTINIZER works perfect.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

delete records using line number(NR)

Hai I have a flat file which contains more than 6 crore lines or records. I want to delete only one line, using line number. For example I want to delete 414556 th line . How to do this using sed or awk command. thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: tkbharani
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

seperating records with numbers from a set of numbers

I have two files one (numbers file)contains the numbers(approximately 30000) and the other file(record file) contains the records(approximately 40000)which may or may not contain the numbers from that file. I want to seperate the records which has the field 1=(any of the number from numbers... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shiv@jad
15 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete rows based on line numbers in a file

I have to find the number of rows in a file and delete those many rows in another file. For example, if I have 3 rows in a file A, i have to delete first 3 rows in anothe file B, I have the code, it works as standalone, when I merge this with m application (c with unix), it doesnt work. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Muthuraj K
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Command to delete numbers at beginning of txt file line

Hello. I have the following issue: my txt file has the following format: train/dr4/fklc0/sx175.txt 0 80282 Severe myopia contributed to Ron's inferiority complex. train/dr4/fklc0/sx355.txt 0 42906 Dolphins are intelligent marine mammals. train/dr4/fklc0/sa2.txt awk 'NR%2==0' test1.txt >... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: li_bi
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete lines with line numbers.

Hi, I have a file will 1000 lines.... I want to deleted some line in the file... like 800-850 lines i want to remove in that... can somebody help me..? thanks. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kattoor
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Grep specific records from a file of records that are separated by an empty line

Hi everyone. I am a newbie to Linux stuff. I have this kind of problem which couldn't solve alone. I have a text file with records separated by empty lines like this: ID: 20 Name: X Age: 19 ID: 21 Name: Z ID: 22 Email: xxx@yahoo.com Name: Y Age: 19 I want to grep records that... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Atrisa
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

replace numbers in records

hello every one I have file with following records begin ASX120016719 ASX190006729 ASX153406729 ASX190406759 ASX180006739 end for each record there is ASX word then 9 digits after it (NO spaces included) what i want is to : 1- skip ASX 2-skip first 2 digits after ASX word... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: neemoze
16 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed pattern fails to delete line of numbers

We are using Red Hat Linux. I have a flat file with among other things, the following lines, which appear occasionally throughout the file: Using sed, I delete this line: L;L;L;L;R;R;R;L;R;L;R;R;R;L;L;L With: /^;;;;;*/d Works fine every time. However, I cannot delete... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: bloomlock
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete several lines if the first line contain numbers > 200

I have a file of the following format: $data1 size 1278 dataw datat datau datai $data2 size 456 datak dataf datat datay datal $data3 size 154 datag datas datat datar datas (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: FelipeAd
8 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete Numbers, Spaces, Special Character from the begining of the line of a file

Hi All, I want to keep the name of the songs with their respective extensions only. Sample Code ======== 03 Choti choti gaiya choti choti gaval.mp3 03---Brazil Dhol.mp3 03 PAYALIYA .mp3 04 - Isq Risk .mp3 04%20-%20Oh%20My%20Love(wapking.in).mp3 08 - A2 - Aasan Nahin Yahan .mp3 AE... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pramod_009
3 Replies
GNUNET-NAMESTORE(1)					      General Commands Manual					       GNUNET-NAMESTORE(1)

NAME
gnunet-namestore - manipulate GNUnet zones SYNOPSIS
gnunet-namestore [options]-zZONEFILE DESCRIPTION
gnunet-namestore can be used to create and manipulate a GNS zone. OPTIONS
-a, --add Desired operation is adding a record -c FILENAME, --config=FILENAME Use the configuration file FILENAME. -d, --delete Desired operation is deleting a record -D, --display Desired operation is listing of matching records -e TIME, --expiration=TIME Specifies expiration time of record to add; format is relative time, i.e "1 h" or "7 d 30 m". Supported units are "ms", "s", "min" or "minutes", "h" (hours), "d" (days) and "a" (years). -h, --help Print short help on options. -L LOGLEVEL, --loglevel=LOGLEVEL Use LOGLEVEL for logging. Valid values are DEBUG, INFO, WARNING and ERROR. -n NAME, --name=NAME Name of the record to add/delete/display -t TYPE, --type=TYPE Type of the record to add/delete/display (i.e. "A", "AAAA", "NS", "PKEY", "MX" etc.) -v, --version Print GNUnet version number. -V VALUE, --value=VALUE Value to store or remove from the GNS zone. Specific format depends on the record type. A records expect a dotted decimal IPv4 address, AAAA records an IPv6 address, PKEY a public key in GNUnet's printable format, and CNAME and NS records should be a domain name. -z FILENAME, --zonekey=FILENAME Specifies the filename with the private key for the zone (mandatory option) BUGS
Report bugs by using Mantis <https://gnunet.org/bugs/> or by sending electronic mail to <gnunet-developers@gnu.org> SEE ALSO
gnunet-gns(1) GNUnet Mar 5, 2012 GNUNET-NAMESTORE(1)