Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting PERL: reading 2 column data into Hash file Post 302367203 by daptal on Sunday 1st of November 2009 11:24:31 PM
Old 11-02-2009
Code:
while(my $line = <FILE>) {
        chomp $line;
        if ($line){
                if ($line =~ m/HOSTNAME\ (.*)/){
                        $hostname = $1;
                }
                else {
                        my ($k,$v) = split(" ",$line);
                        $hash{$hostname}{$k} = $v;
                }
        }
}
foreach my $host(sort keys %hash){
        print "$host \n";
        print "$_\t$hash{$host}{$_}\n" foreach (keys %{$hash{$host}});
        print "-"x80,"\n";
}

You are not storing the data properly. Also try to use the file open using the 3 parameter standard Eg:-
Code:
open my $fh, '<', "$filename" || die "couldnot open the filename $!";

Also when ever you are using to check what is the data you are storing in the hashes always use Data:: Dumper. Its very handy

HTH,
PL
This User Gave Thanks to daptal For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Column data reading

Experts I am new to UNIX shell programming ( or scripting). My problem is that I have an ASCII file in which column wise data is present, the columns are seperated by spaces. I want to read each columns data and store it in arrays, next I will be using the arrays to perform some numerical... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: FarhanNaseer
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl-extract data from hash values

Hello, I have parsed an xml file using perl to get the hash values and the output looks like this $VAR1 = { 'RT' => { 'List' => { 'String' => ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: userscript
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl Hash:Can not keep hash data in the same order that it was inserted

Can Someone explain me why even using Tie::IxHash I can not get the output data in the same order that it was inserted? See code below. #!/usr/bin/perl use warnings; use Tie::IxHash; use strict; tie (my %programs, "Tie::IxHash"); while (my $line = <DATA>) { chomp $line; my(... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jgfcoimbra
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl: Reading data from other file

Hi, I am writting some perl scripts for daily backup process. In which I want to pass some data/referance from another txt file. Text file contains only one column and multiple rows. I want to pass this data to variables of another perl script. e.g. Refdoc.txt file contains data as: perl1... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: n.dba
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove default data hash sorting in perl script?

Hi, I have a datahash with 'n' number of values in perl script. I am writing a xml file from the datahash. I am getting output with sorting(Field sorting). My question is that i don't want any default sorting.whatever i am inserting into datahash it should give same xml file. Any help? ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: solo123
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reading a column from xls file using perl

Hi Everyone! I have a problem in reading a specific column from .xls file using perl language and then manipulating on given criteria. Detailed Description of the problem:: I have one .xls file, in which i have to populate two columns based on Period_date column which is in same file. My... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kvth
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl Script for reading table format data from file.

Hi, i need a perl script which reads the file, content is given below. and output in new file. TARGET DRIVE IO1 IO2 IO3 IO4 IO5 ------------ --------- --------- --------- --------- --------- 0a.1.8 266 236 ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: asak
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

AWK, Perl or Shell? Unique strings and their maximum values from 3 column data file

I have a file containing data like so: 2012-01-02 GREEN 4 2012-01-02 GREEN 6 2012-01-02 GREEN 7 2012-01-02 BLUE 4 2012-01-02 BLUE 3 2012-01-02 GREEN 4 2012-01-02 RED 4 2012-01-02 RED 8 2012-01-02 GREEN 4 2012-01-02 YELLOW 5 2012-01-02 YELLOW 2 I can't always predict what the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rich@ardz
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare values of hashes of hash for n number of hash in perl without sorting.

Hi, I have an hashes of hash, where hash is dynamic, it can be n number of hash. i need to compare data_count values of all . my %result ( $abc => { 'data_count' => '10', 'ID' => 'ABC122', } $def => { 'data_count' => '20', 'ID' => 'defASe', ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: asak
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl :: reading values from Data Dumper reference in Perl

Hi all, I have written a perl code and stored the data into Data structure using Data::Dumper module. But not sure how to retreive the data from the Data::Dumper. Eg. Based on the key value( Here CRYPTO-6-IKMP_MODE_FAILURE I should be able to access the internal hash elements(keys) ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: scriptscript
1 Replies
Hash::Case::Preserve(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				 Hash::Case::Preserve(3pm)

NAME
Hash::Case::Preserve - hash with enforced lower cased keys INHERITANCE
Hash::Case::Preserve is a Hash::Case is a Tie::StdHash SYNOPSIS
use Hash::Case::Preserve; tie my(%cphash), 'Hash::Case::Preserve'; $cphash{StraNGeKeY} = 3; print keys %cphash; # StraNGeKeY print $cphash{strangekey}; # 3 print $cphash{STRANGEKEY}; # 3 DESCRIPTION
Hash::Case::Preserve extends Hash::Case, which lets you play various trics with hash keys. This extension implements a fake hash which is case-insentive. The keys are administered in the casing as they were used: case-insensitive but case-preserving. METHODS
Constructors $obj->addHashData(HASH) See "Constructors" in Hash::Case $obj->addPairs(PAIRS) See "Constructors" in Hash::Case $obj->setHash(HASH) See "Constructors" in Hash::Case tie(HASH, 'Hash::Case::Preserve', [VALUES,] OPTIONS) Define HASH to be case insensitive, but case preserving. The hash is initialized with the VALUES, specified as ref-array (passing a list of key-value pairs) or ref-hash. OPTIONS is a list of key/value pairs, which specify how the hash must handle preservation. Current options: -Option--Default keep 'LAST' keep => 'FIRST' | 'LAST' Which casing is the preferred casing? The FIRST appearance or the LAST. Only stores will affect the casing, deletes will undo the definition. Defaults to LAST, which is slightly faster. SEE ALSO
This module is part of Hash-Case distribution version 1.02, built on March 09, 2012. Website: http://perl.overmeer.net/hash-case/ LICENSE
Copyrights 2002-2003,2007-2012 by Mark Overmeer. For other contributors see ChangeLog. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. See http://www.perl.com/perl/misc/Artistic.html perl v5.14.2 2012-03-09 Hash::Case::Preserve(3pm)