Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX Daily checks for AIX business critical boxes. Post 302367059 by zxmaus on Saturday 31st of October 2009 09:14:23 PM
Old 10-31-2009
Hi,
in my company ticket = callout within one minute / responsetime for us SAs 5 min for prod, 15 min for non-prod - and we have a lot of business critical systems (global trading- and transaction systems) - we cannot afford any downtime.

we monitor cpu (wait + idle + usage), avm memory + pagingspace, diskspace (defined per filesystem via thresholds), processes (by names and numbers), logfiles (for defined keywords), obviously errpt, SAN (i.e. if all paths are up), network, nfs shares, systems pingable/reachable and if throughput is within thresholds, backups - we even monitor if the monitoring is up ... and basically everything else you could possibly think ...

Kind regards
zxmaus

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

text boxes, radio buttons , check boxes in c++ on unix

Hi ! Please tell me how to get radio buttons, text boxes , check boxes , option buttons , pull down menus in C++ on Unix. I think it would be done using curses.h ..but that's all i know. TIA, Devyani. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: devy8
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Allocate memory for a shell script in Aix at runtime-urgent critical

How to allocate memory for a shell script on aix box at the time of execution i.e at runtime Are there any commands for AIX in specific Thanks in Advance (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aixjadoo
1 Replies

3. AIX

Capturing Process on AIX boxes - IMP

Guys we all know what command 'COLUMNS=2047 /usr/bin/ps –eo pid,ppid,uid,user,args' does.It prints 5-column output for the running processes on a AIX box. Here is simple thing i need: I need to insert this tabular data in a db2 table. How do i need? I have created table with these five... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ak835
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Daily File Checks

Hello all, I'm sorry if this is answered elsewhere, I've used the search function and can't find the specifics of what I'm after. I am brand new to playing with linux, and ideally I want to get better to help the company that I now work for. What I want to do: Create a script that I... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Aussiemick
4 Replies

5. AIX

Post mortem for critical Production AIX System Reboot/Crash

Hello All, Critical AIX production box crashed/rebooted while our team is working on it and we need to generate a detailed report for that, below are few questions that need to be included in the report. (We are System Administration team and everyone in our team has root access via sudo as well... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: lovesaikrishna
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Daily Checks

Hey Guys, I'm seeking some assistance in getting this script to run as a cron job for the user oracle.. the script is basically to perform 2 ADRCI checks... see the script below... i'm getting the following error: /export/home/oracle/Daily_Checks/ADRCI_Daily_Checks.sh: syntax error at line 16:... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Racegod
7 Replies

7. Red Hat

Cron entry for every 10 mints on business day business hour

Could you “crontab” it to run every 10 minutes on work days (Mo - Fr) between 08:00 and 18:00 i know to run every 10 mints but can any one guide me how to achieve the above one (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: venikathir
2 Replies

8. AIX

Setup 1 Digi PortServer II with 5 x AIX boxes

Hi everyone, My latest challenge sees me assisting with the setup of one of our classroom labs. We are trying to configure the lab so that the (5) IBM 9115-505 servers (all running AIX7.1) have their serial 0 ports connected to a Digi PortServer II, which is on the classroom LAN, along with the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: richardsantink
4 Replies
File::Rotate(3pm)					User Contributed Perl Documentation					 File::Rotate(3pm)

NAME
Log::Agent::File::Rotate - a rotating logfile set SYNOPSIS
# # This class is not user-visible. # # It is documented only for programmers wishing to inherit # from it to further extend its behaviour. # require Log::Agent::Driver::File; require Log::Agent::Rotate; require Log::Agent::File::Rotate; my $config = Log::Agent::Rotate->make(...); my $driver = Log::Agent::Driver::File->make(...); my $fh = Log::Agent::File::Rotate->make("file", $config, $driver); DESCRIPTION
This class represents a rotating logfile and is used drivers wishing to rotate their logfiles periodically. From the outside, it exports a single "print" routine, just like "Log::Agent::File::Native". Internally, it uses the parameters given by a "Log::Agent::Rotate" object to transparently close the current logfile and cycle the older logs. Before rotating the current logfile, the string: *** LOGFILE ROTATED ON <local date> is emitted, so that people monitoring the file via "tail -f" know about it and are not surprised by the sudden stop of messages. Its exported interface is: make file, config This is the creation routine. The config object is an instance of "Log::Agent::Rotate". print args Prints args to the file. After having printed the data, monitor the file against the thresholds defined in the configuration, and possibly rotate the logfiles according to the parameters held in the same configuration object. When the "is_alone" flag is not set in the configuration, the logfile is checked everytime a "print" is issued to see if its inode changed. Indeed, when several instances of the same program using rotating logfiles are running, each of them may decide to cycle the logs at some point in time, and therefore our opened handle could point to an already renamed or unlinked file. AUTHORS
Originally written by Raphael Manfredi <Raphael_Manfredi@pobox.com>, currently maintained by Mark Rogaski <mrogaski@pobox.com>. SEE ALSO
Log::Agent::Rotate(3), Log::Agent::Driver::File(3). perl v5.10.0 2002-05-14 File::Rotate(3pm)