Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting urgent<parsing data from a excel file> Post 302367058 by edidataguy on Saturday 31st of October 2009 09:14:16 PM
Old 10-31-2009
Not clear what you want.
Always post the input and the output also.

Code:

sed -n '/"L1,"/p' myfile            # L1 only. Simple straight
sed -n '/"L1,[[:alpha:]]/p' myfile  # L1 with MaLR. Regexp
sed -n '/"L1,[[:alnum:]]/p' myfile  # L1 with MaLR99. Regexp.
sed -n '/"L1,[^"]/p' myfile           # L1 with any thing except ". Regexp.

If you want, you can directly write to two diff. files in one shot with sed.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help on email data file as excel from unix!!

Hi, I need to email a data in excel sheet from unix using shell scripting.I could able to generate the data file with tab delimiter with extension .xls could able to email it. The problem is when a coulmn with 16 digit number is exported, it is showing in scientific format. Any help in... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sparan_peddu
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to copy data to to excel file

Hi, Can any one tell me how to copy data using shell script to a excel file from text file to other columns of excel file,leaving first column unaffected i.e it should not overwrite data in first column. Say my text file data is: 15-dec-2008 15-dec-2009 16-dec-2008 16-dec-2009 ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: tucs_123
7 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Copying data from excel file

Hii friends, I am a newbie to unix/shell scripting and got stuck in implementing a functionality.Dear experts,kindly spare some time to bring me out of dark pit :confused:.. My requirement is somewhat wierd,let me explain what i have and what i need to do... 1) there are several excel... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: 5ahen
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

store the table data in excel file

Hello - I have a below table and i want to extract the data into excel sheet and send to different location. Here is the table structure... SQL> desc t_i1_exportdocs Name Null? Type ----------------------------------------- --------... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: govindts
11 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

put data in excel file using shell script

Hi. I wish to add data in a specific excel file on daily basis.However the currect dat's data should always come on top i.e for example should always occupy cell A7,B7,C7 .. and the data of day before which was earlier on 7th row of each coloumn should move to 8th row..data on 8th row should... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kanus
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Data formatting in CSV file to EXCEL

Hello friends I want to convert an csv file on unix (which is generated by a ETL application) to a formatted excel sheet like .I have roughly like 28 columns 1)All numbers need to be stored as numbers with leading zeros-like format as text for this column to preserve leading zeroes e.g... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: etldev
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to generate Excel file or to SQL output data to Excel format/tabular format

Hi , i am generating some data by firing sql query with connecting to the database by my solaris box. The below one should be the header line of my excel ,here its coming in separate row. TO_CHAR(C. CURR_EMP_NO ---------- --------------- LST_NM... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: dani1234
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Formatting data to put it in the excel file

Hello, I have a file with the below contents : Policy Name: Backup_bkp Policy Type: Catalog_bkp Active: yes Effective date: 08/07/2013 02:02:12 Mult. Data Streams: no Client Encrypt: no Checkpoint: no Policy Priority: ... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: rahul2662
11 Replies
nl(1)							      General Commands Manual							     nl(1)

NAME
nl - line numbering filter SYNOPSIS
type] type] type] start#] incr] sep] width] format] num] delim] [file] DESCRIPTION
reads lines from the named file or the standard input if no file is named and reproduces the lines on the standard output. Lines are num- bered on the left in accordance with the command options in effect. views the text it reads in terms of logical pages. Line numbering is reset at the start of each logical page. A logical page consists of a header, a body, and a footer section. Empty sections are valid. Different line numbering options are independently available for header, body, and footer (e.g., no numbering of header and footer lines while numbering blank lines only in the body). The start of logical page sections are signaled by input lines containing nothing but the following delimiter character(s): | Line contents | Start of --------------+---------- ::: | header :: | body : | footer Unless told otherwise, assumes the text being read is in a single logical page body. Command options can appear in any order and can be intermingled with an optional file name. Only one file can be named. recognizes the following options: Specifies which logical page body lines are to be numbered. Recognized types and their meanings are: number all lines; number lines with printable text only; no line numbering; number only lines that contain the regular expression specified in string. Basic Regular Expression syntax is supported (see regexp(5)). The default type for logical page body is (text lines numbered). Same as except for header. Default type for logical page header is (no lines numbered). Same as except for footer. Default for logical page footer is (no lines numbered). Do not restart numbering at logical page delimiters. start# is the initial value used to number logical page lines. Default is incr is the increment value used to number logical page lines. Default is sep is the character or characters used in separating the line number and the corresponding text line. Default sep is a tab. width is the number of character columns to be used for the line number. Default width is format is the line numbering format. Recognized values are: left justified, leading zeroes suppressed; right justified, leading zeroes suppressed; right justified, leading zeroes kept. Default format is (right justified). num is the number of consecutive blank lines to be treated and numbered as a single line. For example, results in every third adjacent blank line being numbered if the appropriate and/or option is set. Default is The delimiter characters specifying the start of a logical page section can be changed from the default characters to two user-specified characters. If only one character is entered, the second character remains the default character No space should appear between the and the delimiter characters, how- ever, this restriction is not there for (see standards(5)) compliant To define a backslash as the delimiter, use two backslashes. EXTERNAL INFLUENCES
For information about the UNIX Standard environment, see standards(5). Environment Variables determines the collating sequence used in evaluating regular expressions. determines the characters matched by character class expressions in regular expressions. If or is not specified in the environment or is set to the empty string, the value of is used as a default for each unspecified or empty variable. If is not specified or is set to the empty string, a default of "C" (see lang(5)) is used instead of If any internationalization variable contains an invalid setting, behaves as if all internationalization variables are set to "C". See environ(5). International Code Set Support Single-byte character code sets are supported. EXAMPLES
Number starting at line number 10, using an increment of ten. The logical page delimiters are and SEE ALSO
pr(1), environ(5), lang(5), regexp(5), standards(5). STANDARDS CONFORMANCE
nl(1)