Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat postfix connection timed out issue on centOS Post 302367006 by fpmurphy on Saturday 31st of October 2009 09:30:37 AM
Old 10-31-2009
I am confused. Are you trying to use both Postfix and sendmail? You can use only one or the other but not both at the same time.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Connection Timed out

I connect to a Sun Box through telnet but it timed out in couple of minutes. Advance thanks for any idea...help... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: s_aamir
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

deferred: connection timed out with NT

We recently installed a new release of SCO UNIX (5.0.6) and when I try to relay e-mail from the UNIX box to my NT server (the mail server) I get the following message from sendmail. Deferred: Connection timed out with nt I have nt set up as my relay server in sendmail.cf and the mail seems to... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: jmossman
8 Replies

3. Linux Benchmarks

Connection Timed out problem - EM64T

Hai All, I have problem during HTTP benchmarking with polygraph tool on EM64T machine. Benchmarking results are getting problem bcas of connection timed out system errors. Machine log information is as, /var/log/messages.3:Feb 18 16:17:44 proxy64 network: Bringing up interface eth0: ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: muthukumar
0 Replies

4. HP-UX

connection timed out

I am trying to connect with my hp machine using "dialup networking." It times out after 30 seconds. Is there a way to adjust this time. Would it have anything to do with rexec? thanks (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: paschal
0 Replies

5. Programming

Socket Programming - Port Scanner. I Get Connection Timed Out, Why?

When i put the target IP as 127.0.1.1, the program is working fine, can catch blocked & open ports. But when i try to scan remotely, i get connection timed out! Can you tell me why? :( Here is my code - Look at between where i put astriks - at the bottom: #include<iostream>... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: f.ben.isaac
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Please help with Postfix config issue - How to allow remote Exchange server to relay to my postfix

Hi guys One of our clients have a problem with sending email to a certain domain. No matter what we try, the mails just dont get delivered. What I did then, is created a new connector on their Exchange server, pointing all mail sent to their client at "domain1" to relay to our Postfix mail... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: wbdevilliers
0 Replies

7. Red Hat

SMTP authentication on Postfix/Dovecot on CentOS

Hi, I did setup one E-mail Server with postfix/dovecot/squirrelmail on CentOS 5.x and is working fine. I did configure SMTP authentication (without TSL/SSL) so that users from outside can send emails via our email server with SMTP auth. One weird issue i'm getting is that it's working from... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: prvnrk
1 Replies

8. Solaris

Solaris 10 ftp connection problem (connection refused, connection timed out)

Hi everyone, I am hoping anyone of you could help me in this weird problem we have in 1 of our Solaris 10 servers. Lately, we have been having some ftp problems in this server. Though it can ping any server within the network, it seems that it can only ftp to a select few. For most servers, the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: labdakos
4 Replies

9. AIX

Ssh connection timed out

Hello, I have two AIX6.1 machines that can communicate with each other through ssh. The problem is that one of them somehow closes the connection after some time and i don't know the reason of that. For example today i send through rsync command 7 files from one server to the other. It send... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: omonoiatis9
7 Replies

10. Red Hat

Centos 6 Postfix 1 IP Two Domains Two Machines

Hello Folks, I have what I believe is a basic problem. I'm sure the problem is related to my incorrect understanding of the terms used by the postfix main.cf file. I have two mail servers. 192.168.1.110 (msrecycle.com) and 192.168.1.111 (sportbikebody.com). Now what I am trying to do is have... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: SportBikeBody
1 Replies
etrn(1M)						  System Administration Commands						  etrn(1M)

NAME
etrn - start mail queue run SYNOPSIS
etrn [-b] [-v] server-host [client-hosts] DESCRIPTION
SMTP's ETRN command allows an SMTP client and server to interact, giving the server an opportunity to start the processing of its queues for messages to go to a given host. This is meant to be used in start-up conditions, as well as for mail nodes that have transient connec- tions to their service providers. The etrn utility initiates an SMTP session with the host server-host and sends one or more ETRN commands as follows: If no client-hosts are specified, etrn looks up every host name for which sendmail(1M) accepts email and, for each name, sends an ETRN command with that name as the argument. If any client-hosts are specified, etrn uses each of these as arguments for successive ETRN commands. OPTIONS
The following options are supported: -b System boot special case. Make sure localhost is accepting SMTP connections before initiating the SMTP session with server-host. This option is useful because it prevents race conditions between sendmail(1M) accepting connections and server-host attempting to deliver queued mail. This check is performed automatically if no client-hosts are specified. -v The normal mode of operation for etrn is to do all of its work silently. The -v option makes it verbose, which causes etrn to display its conversations with the remote SMTP server. ENVIRONMENT VARIABLES
No environment variables are used. However, at system start-up, svc:/network/smtp:sendmail reads /etc/default/sendmail. In this file, if the variable ETRN_HOSTS is set, svc:/network/smtp:sendmail parses this variable and invokes etrn appropriately. ETRN_HOSTS should be of the form: "s1:c1.1,c1.2 s2:c2.1 s3:c3.1,c3.2,c3.3" That is, white-space separated groups of server:client where client can be one or more comma-separated names. The :client part is optional. server is the name of the server to prod; a mail queue run is requested for each client name. This is comparable to running: /usr/lib/sendmail -qR client on the host server. EXAMPLES
Example 1 Using etrn Inserting the line: ETRN_HOSTS="s1.domain.com:clnt.domain.com s2.domain.com:clnt.domain.com" in /etc/default/sendmail results in svc:/network/smtp:sendmail invoking etrn such that ETRN commands are sent to both s1.domain.com and s2.domain.com, with both having clnt.domain.com as the ETRN argument. The line: ETRN_HOSTS="server.domain.com:client1.domain.com,client2.domain.com" results in two ETRN commands being sent to server.domain.com, one with the argument client1.domain.com, the other with the argument client2.domain.com. The line: ETRN_HOSTS="server1.domain.com server2.domain.com" results in set of a ETRN commands being sent to both server1.domain.com and server2.domain.com; each set contains one ETRN command for each host name for which sendmail(1M) accepts email, with that host name as the argument. FILES
/etc/mail/sendmail.cf sendmail configuration file /etc/default/sendmail Variables used by svc:/network/smtp:sendmail ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWsndmu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Stable | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
sendmail(1M), attributes(5) RFC 1985 NOTES
Not all SMTP servers support ETRN. SunOS 5.11 10 Aug 2004 etrn(1M)