Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Samba
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Samba Post 302367000 by tjmannonline on Saturday 31st of October 2009 09:16:47 AM
Old 10-31-2009
scott,

cool, thanks. it worked.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Samba 2.2.4

Has any setup samba 2.2.4 inside of unix ver 11.0, i am trying to mount a nfs mount on a w2k, and wxp box, and i was told that i had to upgrade to sambe 2.2.4, but the c compiler on ver 11.0 isnt ansii compatable, I could please use any help or directions on this matter... thanks (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: marvin51796
0 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need Samba Help

Hi, I am very new to Unix, do know some RedHat linux. I am wanting to install samba on my unix machine. Not sure where to start, any help would be very much appreciated. Thanks, Chris Lewis (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: lewy33
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Why use Samba?

Hi, I am sorry I am total dummy in Unix. I am starting to explore a thing call "Samba". From my initial and rough finding, I think Samba is only useful in providing Print services to PC platform users. That is to say, The Unix machine which has Samba installed, is able to provide print... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: champion
3 Replies

4. Solaris

SAMBA - where?

Greetings.. I need SAMBA to implement a backup strategy , the problem is that i cant find it anywhere... can u guys gimme a link to a sun compatilble version of samba ? thanx thanx htanx..... :rolleyes: (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nEuRoMaNcEr
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Samba help

Hey. I have a question about adding users and maping theirs dirictorys. Main Folder | -User1 Folder -User2 Folder -User3 Folder ...... How can I add this users to have folders in the Main Folder ? any simple script? And I... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: net555
0 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

SAMBA

currently, we are using SAMBA for our ftp way. can SAMBA be encrypted aka sftp ? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lawsongeek
2 Replies

7. Solaris

samba issue: one samba share without password prompting and the others with.

Hi All, I've been trying to configure samba on Solaris 10 to allow me to have one share that is open and writable to all users and have the rest of my shares password protected by a generic account. If I set my security to user, my secured shares work just fine and prompt accordingly, but when... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ideal2545
0 Replies

8. Ubuntu

Samba Help

All; I've done this before, but sure I'm typing in the wrong search terms, so not finding the help I need. What I have to do: Set up Samba, smb.conf, smbclient, fstab and all other settings so I see both the Windows and Linux servers and their shares in the network, via Samba. It's... (19 Replies)
Discussion started by: TBotNik
19 Replies
appclient(1M)						    Application Server Utility						     appclient(1M)

NAME
appclient - launches the Application Client Container and invokes the client application packaged in the application JAR file SYNOPSIS
appclient -client client_application_jar [-mainclass client_application_main_classname|-name display_name] [-xml sun-acc.xml file] [-tex- tauth] [-user username] [-password password] Use the appclient command to launch the application client container and invoke a client application that is packaged in an application JAR file. The application client jar file is psecified and created during deployment either by the deploytool or by using the asadmin deploy command. The application client container is a set of java classes, libraries and other files that are required to execute a first-tier application client program on a Java Virtual Machine (JVM). The application client container communicates with the Application Server using RMI-IIOP. The client.jar that is retrieved after deploying an application , should be passed with the -client option while running the appclient utility. The -mainclass and -name options are optional for a single client application. For multiple client applications use either the -classname option or the- name option. -client required; the name and location for the client application jar file. The application client JAR file is specified and created during deployment, either by the deploytool or by the asadmin deploy command. -mainclass optional; the full classname of the main client application main() method that will be invoked by the Application Client Container. Used for a single client application. By default, uses the class specified in the client jar. The class name must be the full name. For example, com.sun.test.AppClient -name optional; the display name for the client application. Used for multiple client applications. By default, the dis- play name is specified in the client jar application-client.xml file which is identified by the display-name attribute. -xml optional if using the default domain and instance, otherwise it is required; identifies the name and location of the client configuration XML file. If not specified, defaults to the value of $AS_ACC_CONFIG identified in asenv.conf file. -textauth optional; used to specify using text format authentication when authentication is needed. Example 1: Using the appclient command appclient -client appserv/bin/myclientapp.jar -mainclass com.sun.test.TestAppClient -xml sun-acc.xml scott sample Where: appserv/bin/myclientapp.jar is the full path for the client application .jar file, com.sun.text.TestAppClient is the full Java pack- age name of the main client application, scott and sample are arguments to pass to the application, and sun-acc.xml is the name of the client configuration XML file. If sun-acc.xml is not in the current directory, you must give the absolute path location; otherwise the rel- ative path is used. The relative path is relative to the directory where the command is being executed. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Unstable | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ package-appclient(1M), asadmin(1M) Sun Java System Application Server March 2004 appclient(1M)