Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Delete file from folder
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Delete file from folder Post 302366991 by tjmannonline on Saturday 31st of October 2009 08:00:57 AM
Old 10-31-2009
let says, you have folder:

/tmp

and subfolders /tmp/test1 and /tmp/test1

content in your filename looks like this:

/tmp/test1
/tmp/test2

while loop will read line, and cd $line which means cd /tmp/test1 and rm -f *.dec in /tmp/test1, next, read next line

do it on test env first, or best advise, cp -rp /tmp/test1 /tmp/test1.bkup, just in case you screw up.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script to delete folder based on text file information

I have been working on a script to list all the name's of a subfolder in a text file then edit that text file and then delete the subfolder base on the edited text file so far I have been able to do every thing I just talked about but can't figure out how to delete the subfolers base on a text file... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: bone11409
8 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

delete all the files in folder a which exist in folder b

Hi , I need a script which basically deltes all files in folder a which are alreasy present in folder b say folder a has files abc.txt pqr .txt and b has abc.txt pqr.txt rmr.txt then file abc.txt and pqr.txt from a should be deleted (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: viv1
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Auto delete the folder

Hi, i have the directory structure directory /home/ncs/controller/logs/ in this path i have following directories cl03032010 cl04032010 cl05032010 cl06042010 i want to delete the folders which are 2 weeks old.. through the crontab (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mail2sant
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script that delete a File when a DEL File will be placed in same folder

Hi there, i have a question. I have a folder called /usr/test There is a file in it.... test.csv I need not a shell script that checks if there is a file called: test.del And if the file is in the same folder then the script should delete the test.csv and also the test.del. Hope... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Bjoern28
9 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Folder permissions to delete

I am using the below command to delete files from directories and subdirectories find /test/abc/xyx -type f -mtime +7 -exec rm -f {} \; there are some subfolders in xyx for which i don't have permission to delete. Is there a way i can check the permission of the folder first and then delete... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ch33ry
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

rsync delete single file from the target folder

Hi We want to delete a single file from the destiantion directory using rsync. Is it possible to do this ? or Do we have any alternate approaches in rsync( for ex applying some filters ..etc) For ex: ----------------------------------------------- Source (Folder) ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: MVEERA
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

To delete the oldest files in a file when file count in the folder exceeds 7

Hi All, I need to delete the oldest file in folder when the file count in the folder exceed 6 ( i have a process that puts the source files into this folder ) E.x : Folder : /data/opt/backup 01/01/2012 a.txt 01/02/2012 b.txt ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: akshay01987
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to delete more than 7 days file from Target folder?

Hi Team, I have to remove files which are more than 7 days in my target directory. I have this script but using this i faced some problems like, removed library files of unix. for abc in `find /xxx/abc/OutputFiles/xxxx_*.txt -type f -mtime +5|xargs ls 1` do echo "xxx files are:"$abc ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: harris
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Request for Shell script to move files from Subfolder to Parent folder and delete sub folder

Hi Team, I am new to shell script and there is a requirement where files should be moved from Subfolder to parent folder. Eg: parent folder --> /Interface/data/test/IN Sub folder -->/Interface/data/test/IN/Invoice20180607233338 Subfolder will be always with timestamp... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: srivarun15
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete oldest folder based on folder named as date

Hi, I have a script doing backup to synology server, the script create new folder each day with the date as being folder name i.e. 2018-07-30. Just before creating the new folder I want the script to find the oldest folder from the list and delete it including its content. for example... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: humble_learner
3 Replies
CGEXEC(1)							 libcgroup Manual							 CGEXEC(1)

NAME
cgexec - run the task in given control groups SYNOPSIS
cgexec [-h] [-g <controllers>:<path>] [--sticky] command [arguments] DESCRIPTION
The cgexec program executes the task command with arguments arguments in the given control groups. -g <controllers>:<path> defines the control groups in which the task will be run. controllers is a list of controllers and path is the relative path to control groups in the given controllers list. This flag can be used multiple times to define multiple pairs of lists of controllers and relative paths. Instead of the list of all mounted controllers, the wildcard b"*b" can be used. If this option is not used, cgexec will automatically place the task in the right cgroup based on /etc/cgrules.conf. If /etc/cgrules.conf configuration file is used, there can be used template names. Then the control group name contains a template in destination tag (see cgrules.conf (5)) and if the cgroup does not exist in execution time, it is created, based on /etc/cgcon- fig.conf specification. If the specifications are not present the group is created with the default kernel values. -h, --help Display this help and exit. --sticky If running the task command with this option, the daemon of service cgred (cgrulesengd process) does not change both the task of the command and the child tasks. Without this option, the daemon does not change the task of the command but it changes the child tasks to the right cgroup based on /etc/cgrules.conf automatically. EXAMPLES
cgexec -g *:test1 ls runs command ls in control group test1 in all mounted controllers. cgexec -g cpu,memory:test1 ls -l runs command ls -l in control group test1 in controllers cpu and memory. cgexec -g cpu,memory:test1 -g swap:test2 ls -l runs command ls -l in control group test1 in controllers cpu and memory and control group test2 in controller swap. ENVIRONMENT VARIABLES
CGROUP_LOGLEVEL controls verbosity of the tool. Allowed values are DEBUG, INFO, WARNING or ERROR. FILES
/etc/cgrules.conf default libcgroup configuration file SEE ALSO
cgrules.conf (5) Linux 2009-03-15 CGEXEC(1)