Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting change date format - 2009-10-30 -> today Post 302366938 by Scrutinizer on Friday 30th of October 2009 11:23:26 PM
Old 10-31-2009
The width of the first column is controlled by %-10s . I used 10 so the output would be aligned for the other possible outcomes, e.g.

Code:
Today      - 04:00 PM - Ghost Hunters - Nightmare Noises (OLCC)
Tomorrow   - 05:30 PM - The Simpsons - Treehouse of Horror XI (KCPQ)
Monday     - 06:00 PM - The Simpsons - Treehouse of Horror XII (KCPQ)
Wednesday  - 09:00 PM - The Simpsons - Treehouse of Horror XIX (COMEDCP)
2009-11-08 - 12:00 AM - Project Runway - A Fashionable New Beginning (SLICE)

You can play with that number and see what you like best, e.g. %-8s , %10s, %s etc...

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to Change the Format of a Date

Hi All, this is my second post, last post reply was very helpful. I have a data that has date in DD/MM/YYYY (07/11/2008) format i want to replace the backslash by a dot(.) so that my awk script can read it inside the C shell script that i have written. i want to change 07/11/2008 to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: asirohi
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Date Format Change

Hi I have a date format in a variable as Mon Jan 11 03:35:59 2010. how do i change it to YYYYMMDD format (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: keerthan
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Date Format Change

Hi, Please can I have some command to get yesterday in YYMMDD format? This will be used in ksh Thanks, (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: smalya
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Shell Scripts - shows today’s date and time in a better format than ‘date’ (Uses positional paramete

Hello, I am trying to show today's date and time in a better format than ‘date' (Using positional parameters). I found a command mktime and am wondering if this is the best command to use or will this also show me the time elapse since 1/30/70? Any help would be greatly appreciated, Thanks... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: citizencro
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to change the date format

Hi Guys, Can someone help me on how to change the date format using sed or any unix command to give my desired output as shown below. INPUT FILE: 69372,200,20100122T17:56:02,2 53329,500,20100121T11:50:07,2 48865,100,20100114T16:08:16,2 11719,200,20100108T13:32:20,2 DESIRED... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pinpe
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Date format change

Dear Friends, Need your help once again, I have a variable ( e.g. ${i}) whoch has date in MM/DD/YYYY (E.g. 12/31/2011) format. I want to change it to DD/MM/YYYY (e.g. 31/12/2011) format. Request you to guide me as we are unable to do the same. Thanks in advance Anu. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: anushree.a
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

change date format

Hi, I have the variable "$date_update" in that form: 2011-12-31T13:00:09Z and I would like to change it to 31/12/2011 13:00:09 (Date and Time separated by a blank). Does anyone has a simple solution for that? (using Korn Shell) Cheers Jurgen (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jurgen
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Change the date format

Hi all, I have a file that every line starts with the date and time. The format is like YYYYMMDDHHMM and I woulk like to change it to MM/DD/YY<space>HH:MM. I tried to figure out a way to do it with sed, but I don't know how I could reorganize the digits of the first format. Does anyone have any... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: geovas
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Change the date format

Hi, I was looking for a script to change the date from one format to other. A search in the forum gave me the below script as a result. #! /bin/ksh format=YYYYMMDD YEAR=${format%????} DAY=${format#??????} MON=${format#$YEAR} MON=${MON%$DAY} echo $MON/$DAY/$YEAR I got it... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: prithvirao17
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Change Date from one format to other

Hi I wish to change date from one format to another in unix. eg: INPUT DATE: 2013159 (YEAR & NUMBER OF DAY) OUTPUT DATE required: 20130608 (YYYYMMDD) how to do it ? Thanks in advance. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: dashing201
6 Replies
PS2PDF(1)                                                           Ghostscript                                                          PS2PDF(1)

NAME
ps2pdf - Convert PostScript to PDF using ghostscript ps2pdf12 - Convert PostScript to PDF 1.2 (Acrobat 3-and-later compatible) using ghostscript ps2pdf13 - Convert PostScript to PDF 1.3 (Acrobat 4-and-later compatible) using ghostscript SYNOPSIS
ps2pdf [options...] {input.[e]ps|-} [output.pdf|-] ps2pdf12 [options...] {input.[e]ps|-} [output.pdf|-] ps2pdf13 [options...] {input.[e]ps|-} [output.pdf|-] DESCRIPTION
The ps2pdf scripts are work-alikes for nearly all the functionality (but not the user interface) of Adobe's Acrobat(TM) Distiller(TM) prod- uct: they convert PostScript files to Portable Document Format (PDF) files. If the output filename is not specified, the output is placed is a file of the same name with a '.pdf' extension. Either the input filename or the output filename can be '-' to request reading from stdin or writing to stdout, respectively, when used as a filter. The three scripts differ as follows: - ps2pdf12 will always produce PDF 1.2 output (Acrobat 3-and-later compatible). - ps2pdf13 will always produce PDF 1.3 output (Acrobat 4-and-later compatible). - ps2pdf per se currently produces PDF 1.4 output. However, this may change in the future. If you care about the compatibility level of the output, use ps2pdf12 or ps2pdf13, or use the -dCompatibility=1.x switch in the command line. There are some limitations in ps2pdf's conversion. See the HTML documentation for more information. A large number of Adobe Distiller(TM) parameters which can be used to control the conversion are also documented there, including instructions for generating PDF/X and PDF/A documents. OPTIONS
The ps2pdf scripts use the same options as gs(1). EXAMPLES
Converting a figure.ps to figure.pdf: ps2pdf figure.ps A conversion with more specifics: ps2pdf -dPDFSETTINGS=/prepress figure.ps proof.pdf Converting as part of a pipe: make_report.pl -t ps | ps2pdf -dCompatibility=1.3 - - | lpr SEE ALSO
gs(1), ps2pdfwr(1), Ps2pdf.htm in the Ghostscript documentation BUGS
See http://bugs.ghostscript.com/ and the Usenet news group comp.lang.postscript. VERSION
This document was last revised for Ghostscript version 8.70. AUTHOR
Artifex Software, Inc. are the primary maintainers of Ghostscript. This manpage by George Ferguson. 8.70 31 July 2009 PS2PDF(1)