Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Typo in man file??
Operating Systems Solaris Typo in man file?? Post 302366914 by solaris_user on Friday 30th of October 2009 06:31:54 PM

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

man format file

hello How can i make a man file from a plain text file, what command should use? thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: trynew
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

BASH Command Line Typo -- Can't Get Out

Hi Sorry to post a bit of an "I'm an idiot" post, but I did a typing error and typed "ls 'l" instead of "ls -l". This seems to have made me enter some sort of mode or other that I can't seem to be able to get out of. The new line prompt is > (if that helps). Sorry for posting such a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Viola
1 Replies

3. Solaris

How to search man page (pdf file)

I'm not sure is it just only me or something. I try to download man page documentation from SUN.COM. However, it seems I can't search what I looking for in SUN man page. I try to search "passwd" but it return me a word "less" why this pdf can't search or is it require specific plugin to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Smith
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Is this a typo in my Book?

I'm currently learning Bash scripting from a book and the following example is given, but I think there is a typo in the variable assignment for the variable file. $ cat test5 #!/bin/bash # reading values from a file file=“states” ( shouldn't this be file=`cat states` assuming you... (23 Replies)
Discussion started by: Riker1204
23 Replies

5. Homework & Coursework Questions

man command output to a txt file

Use and complete the template provided. The entire template must be completed. If you don't, your post may be deleted! 1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: I am trying to outut the man command output into a text file which will help me for future reference. 2.... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: hariniiyer300
8 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Typo in sample script from book?

Hello, I'm new to this forum, and I apologize in advance if I did something wrong here. I am pretty stumped here as I am still getting the error message, "./comc1.sh: test: argument expected." after executing the script itself. Here's the script file I modified: I tried executing line 4... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ConcealedKnight
1 Replies
uri_urn(3tcl)					    Tcl Uniform Resource Identifier Management					     uri_urn(3tcl)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
uri_urn - URI utilities, URN scheme SYNOPSIS
package require Tcl 8.2 package require uri::urn ?1.1.2? uri::urn::quote url uri::urn::unquote url _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
This package provides two commands to quote and unquote the disallowed characters for url using the urn scheme, registers the scheme with the package uri, and provides internal helpers which will be automatically used by the commands uri::split and uri::join of package uri to handle urls using the urn scheme. COMMANDS
uri::urn::quote url This command quotes the characters disallowed by the urn scheme (per RFC 2141 sec2.2) in the url and returns the modified url as its result. uri::urn::unquote url This commands performs the reverse of ::uri::urn::quote. It takes an urn url, removes the quoting from all disallowed characters, and returns the modified urls as its result. BUGS, IDEAS, FEEDBACK This document, and the package it describes, will undoubtedly contain bugs and other problems. Please report such in the category uri of the Tcllib SF Trackers [http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=12883]. Please also report any ideas for enhancements you may have for either package and/or documentation. KEYWORDS
rfc 2141, uri, url, urn CATEGORY
Networking uri 1.1.2 uri_urn(3tcl)