Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Unique constraint violated within stored procedure executed from Perl Post 302366827 by SFNYC on Friday 30th of October 2009 12:00:54 PM
Old 10-30-2009
This question is best answered in an Oracle Forum such as OTN Discussion Forums : SQL and PL/SQL

You should also:
  1. Post the code
  2. Tell us what environment you are running under (Linux/Windows?)
  3. What is the version of Oracle you are running (8, 9, 10, 11?)
  4. Look into using the MERGE statement
  5. Oracle is rarely wrong about UNIQUE constraints. If it says it has one, it's probably right and it is a logic bug.
  6. Try dumping the values of your bind variables

Sam

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Oracle stored procedure.

I am using sqlplus. I have the stored procedure name. How can i print the stored procedure content? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kamil
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Stored Procedure on NT/SQLServer

Hi: How will I execute a Stored Procedure that sits on NT/SQLServer. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mayohan
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calling MYSQL Stored Procedure?

Hi, Can anyone help me with the correct syntax to call a MYSQL stored procedure from a shell script. I have tried the following, (no input params): /usr/bin/mysql -uadmin -ppassword call TL_CLENSEDATA(); resulting in error: /home/hosting/data/scripts/dbclense.sh: line 12: syntax error... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kshelluser
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

need to call 3 stored procedure at the same time

Hi GUYS, I need to trigger 3 stored procedure at the same time.. I know how to trigger the stored procedure. If anybody can tell me how to trigger 3 different process at the same time parallelly.. that would be helpful.. Thanks for your help in advance, Magesh (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mac4rfree
1 Replies

5. Programming

Help with pl/sql stored procedure

Hi, Can anyone please let me know where to check if a particular stored procedure exists. If the procedure exists I want to display some message and if the procedure does not exists i want to exit with error message. checking from dba_objects doesnt help. suprisingly the procedure i... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: justchill
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Calling stored procedure from unix

Hi, My stored procedure returns a value. How to retrieve the value and display in unix. Stored procedure CREATE OR REPLACE PROCEDURE gohan(num INT) IS BEGIN DBMS_OUTPUT.PUT_LINE('My lucky number is ' || num); END; Unix Scripting i used sqlplus -s... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: gohan3376
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to create and call mysql stored procedure in perl?

Hi, I want to create MySQL stored procedure and call the stored procedure using perl. I tried like this: use DBI; my $dbh = DBI->connect ("DBI:mysql:test", "root", "ibab", { RaiseError => 1, PrintError => 0}); $create_procedure =... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: vanitham
5 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Procedure to be executed from shell scripts

Hi, I am looking for a script wherein i will be able to execute below procedures one by one in line and next procedures starts only when the previous one completes and also after execution of each procedure i will be getting a automted mail as "PL/SQL PROCEDURE SUCCESSFULLY EXCETUTED". ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sv0081493
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Stored Procedure not executing

below code is not executing the stored procedure,not sure what the issue.Even sqllog is blank.please help me its very urgent. sqlplus -s $connect_str@$DB_ORACLE_SID >> ${SQL_LOG_FILE} << EOF set serverout on set feed off set head off set pages 0 set colsep , set tab off set lin 150... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: katakamvivek
3 Replies

10. Solaris

ORA-00001: unique constraint violated

Am trying to install a account script in oracle 8i and I keep getting ORA-00001: unique constraint violated as the screen shot below shows so am wondering how do i fix this i have posted the full code that is the issue. i hope some one can help me, thanks a lot http://www.livve.com/sqlbug.jpg... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Wpgn
2 Replies
Padre::Task::Eval(3pm)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				    Padre::Task::Eval(3pm)

NAME
Padre::Task::Eval - Task for executing arbitrary code via a string eval SYNOPSIS
my $task = Padre::Task::Eval->new( prepare => '1 + 1', run => 'my $foo = sub { 2 + 3 }; $foo->();', finish => '$_[0]->{prepare}', ); $task->prepare; $task->run; $task->finish; DESCRIPTION
Padre::Task::Eval is a stub class used to implement testing and other miscellaneous functionality. It takes three named string parameters matching each of the three execution phases. When each phase of the task is run, the string will be eval'ed and the result will be stored in the same has key as the source string. If the key does not exist at all, nothing will be executed for that phase. Regardless of the execution result (or the non-execution of the phase) each phase will always return true. However, if the string eval throws an exception it will escape the task object (although when run properly inside of a task handle it should be caught by the handle). METHODS
This class contains now additional methods beyond the defaults provided by the Padre::Task API. COPYRIGHT &; LICENSE Copyright 2008-2012 The Padre development team as listed in Padre.pm. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. The full text of the license can be found in the LICENSE file included with this module. perl v5.14.2 2012-06-27 Padre::Task::Eval(3pm)