Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: 2 questions for newbies
Operating Systems Solaris 2 questions for newbies Post 302366744 by grossgermany on Friday 30th of October 2009 08:56:42 AM
Old 10-30-2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by solaris_user
what distro os linux you use ???
fedora core 3

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Specially for unix newbies

Hi Everyone, I got a good news to unix newbies. If you want to try some unix command on your windows' desktop, I can recommend this program to u all. So you can practice unix command with your PC. It is something like using MS-DOS on desktop. Search "Cygwin 1.3.1" in www.download.com It... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: clemeot
2 Replies

2. Tips and Tutorials

PERL & CPAN Intro for Newbies

So you want to learn a unix scripting language that you'll be able to use in any situation? Perl is your answer ! This is a little intro to installing CPAN modules. If you don't know what CPAN is, check out http://search.cpan.org/. Basicly, it is a massive archive of perl libraries that will... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: obitus
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

I am one of the newbies, please advise

I am new to UNIX and Linux. I have some experiences with Windows server. I am thinking to start with those OS (Unix/Linux) and more specifically with the OS for the server. however, i have no idea which one would i start first, unix or linux? Because i also dont know how they are different. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sanlen
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

What kind of Linux for the newbies?

I am one of the newbies. I want to load linux on my notebook, however, i am not sure which linux is the most recommend for the newbies. Could you please advise? Thanks you very much for any advise you may give me. Best Regards, SANLEN (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sanlen
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Newbies problem

Hi I am new to Unix and need help. How do I use the $@ in my script to direct the executing of commands on various files. Thanks curious greenhorn (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: greenhorn
8 Replies

6. Programming

two questions

hey all, I have question when am writing simple shell... in the child am calling execvp, i want the parent to know when execvp returns - 1. how can i let the parent know the result of execvp thanks in advance (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: joey
9 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

rsync tutorial for newbies

Hi. Learning rsync from the man pages can be daunting. I wrote this tutorial to make learning rsync easier: rsync tutorial (rsync2u) The rsync tutorial is for new rsync users. Three small backup examples thoroughly explain rsync --link-dest, --recursive, and --exlcude-from options. Enjoy. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: wolfv
2 Replies

8. Homework & Coursework Questions

Print questions from a questions folder in a sequential order

1.) I am to write scripts that will be phasetest folder in the home directory. 2.) The folder should have a set-up,phase and display files I have written a small script which i used to check for the existing users and their password. What I need help with: I have a set of questions in a... (19 Replies)
Discussion started by: moraks007
19 Replies
install-solaris(1M)													       install-solaris(1M)

NAME
install-solaris - install the Solaris operating system SYNOPSIS
install-solaris install-solaris invokes the Solaris Install program. Depending on graphical capability and available memory at the time of invocation, install-solaris invokes either a text-based installer or a graphical installer. The following minimum requirements for physical memory dictate which features are available during installation: For SPARC machines: 128 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 128 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 384 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation For x86 machines: 256 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 256 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 512 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation In some cases, even if the minimum physical memory is present, available virtual memory after system startup can limit the number of fea- tures available. install-solaris exists only on the Solaris installation media (CD or DVD) and should be invoked only from there. Refer to the for more details. install-solaris allows installation of the operating system onto any standalone system. install-solaris loads the software available on the installation media. Refer to the for disk space requirements. Refer to the for more information on the various menus and selections. See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcdrom (Solaris instal- | | |lation media) | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ pkginfo(1), install(1M), pkgadd(1M), attributes(5) It is advisable to exit install-solaris by means of the exit options in the install-solaris menus. 23 Sep 2005 install-solaris(1M)