Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting script to store comma separated values in different variables Post 302366628 by ghostdog74 on Friday 30th of October 2009 03:04:13 AM
Old 10-30-2009
so where is your code?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Splitting comma separated values into an array

I'm attempting to create a KSH array out of a string like this: ",,,value1,value2,," I have created the array but I only get two elements, one for value1 and one for value2. I have ended up with something like this but I don't like it: set -A JUNK xx=0 for i in $(print ",,,value1,value2,,"... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: tmarikle
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extracting the values separated by comma

Hi, I have a variable which has a list of string separated by comma. for ex , Variable=/usr/bin,/usr/smrshbin,/tmp How can i get the values between the commas separately using shell scripts.Please help me. Thanks, Padmini. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: padmisri
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reading comma separated variable into other variables in shell script

Hi, In shell script, I have a variable var = xyz, inn, day, night, calif ....n and I would like to read them in to var1 = xzy, var2 = inn, var3= day, var4 = night....var. probably in a loop. I would like to read the variables until end of the line. Comma is the delimiter and there's no comma at... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: suryaemlinux
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Input Validation of comma separated values

Hello all, I am working on a script and have the first part solved of numerical input validation. Below the code validates that the input is a numerical value between 100 and 1000. If not, it errors out. Now I need to be able to read values separated by a comma. For example, instead of my... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: LinuxRacr
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

To agregate Comma separated values

Hi pls help me to get the code: i have a file in which content is : 2.01304E+11 2.01304E+11 ori 2 01:00 2.01304E+11 2.01304E+11 ori 2 01:02 2.01304E+11 2.01304E+11 ori 3 01:02 2.01304E+11 2.01304E+11 ori 3 ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Aditya.Gurgaon
7 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

[solved] Comma separated values to space separated

Hi, I have a large number of files which are written as csv (comma-separated values). Does anyone know of simple sed/awk command do achieve this? Thanks! ---------- Post updated at 10:59 AM ---------- Previous update was at 10:54 AM ---------- Guess I asked this too soon. Found the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: lost.identity
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Needs help in parsing comma separated values

hello experts, i am retrieving values in variables jobKey and jobName within my shell script. these values are returned to me within braces and i am using following command to remove those braces: jobKeys=`echo $jobKeys | sed 's:^.\(.*\).$:\1:'` jobNames=`echo $jobNames | sed... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: avikaljain
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Comma separated values to individual lines

My OS : RHEL 6.7 I have a text file with comma separated values like below $ cat testString.txt 'JOHN' , 'KEITH' , 'NEWMAN' , 'URSULA' , 'ARIANNA' , 'CHENG', . . . . I want these values to appear like below 'JOHN' , 'KEITH' , 'NEWMAN' , 'URSULA' , 'ARIANNA' , 'CHENG', .... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kraljic
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Assign comma separated values to a variable

Hi All, I wrote a database command that queries our application and outputs a whole bunch of values to a text file. I need to assign the output to two values. Here is a sample of the output: valueOne, checkOne valueTwo, checkTwo valueThree, checkThree I would like... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: jeffs42885
9 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert fixed value fields to comma separated values

Hi All, Hope you are doing Great!!!. Today i have came up with a problem to say exactly it was for performance improvement. I have written code in perl as a solution for this to cut in specific range, but it is taking time to run for files thousands of lines so i am expecting a sed... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: mad man
9 Replies
Tcl_AllowExceptions(3)					      Tcl Library Procedures					    Tcl_AllowExceptions(3)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
Tcl_AllowExceptions - allow all exceptions in next script evaluation SYNOPSIS
#include <tcl.h> Tcl_AllowExceptions(interp) ARGUMENTS
Tcl_Interp *interp (in) Interpreter in which script will be evaluated. _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
If a script is evaluated at top-level (i.e. no other scripts are pending evaluation when the script is invoked), and if the script termi- nates with a completion code other than TCL_OK, TCL_ERROR or TCL_RETURN, then Tcl normally converts this into a TCL_ERROR return with an appropriate message. The particular script evaluation procedures of Tcl that act in the manner are Tcl_EvalObjEx, Tcl_EvalObjv, Tcl_Eval, Tcl_EvalEx, Tcl_GlobalEval, Tcl_GlobalEvalObj, Tcl_VarEval and Tcl_VarEvalVA. However, if Tcl_AllowExceptions is invoked immediately before calling one of those a procedures, then arbitrary completion codes are per- mitted from the script, and they are returned without modification. This is useful in cases where the caller can deal with exceptions such as TCL_BREAK or TCL_CONTINUE in a meaningful way. KEYWORDS
continue, break, exception, interpreter Tcl 7.4 Tcl_AllowExceptions(3)