Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Comparing directories on different unix servers Post 302366588 by Jazmania on Friday 30th of October 2009 12:17:15 AM
Old 10-30-2009
Ok, maybe I don't need the sort.. Just tried

Code:
diff <(ssh paehowup2303 'find /home/x136873 -type f') <(ssh njros1up2303 'find /home/x136873 -type f')

still getting ksh: syntax error: `(' unexpected

I'm running this straight from command line at the minute.. do i need the ' in the command?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

moving directories to new directories on multiple servers

Hi - I am new to unix scripts...I need to move several directories on multiple servers to new directories. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mackdaddy07
0 Replies

2. Solaris

comparing 2 Solaris servers

hello has anyone built a script that compares 2 Solaris servers? CPU, memory, swap, memory variables in /etc/system, Solaris version Could you please advise on how to make such a comparaison? thanks (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: melanie_pfefer
9 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Comparing directories via ftp

Hello! I am trying to compare a list of files in 2 directories - one on our unix server (I'll call it 'ours') and one on a site we ftp to (I'll call it 'ftp'). I need to make sure that after we ftp, the names that we put out there match the names we have on our side. I was thinking to create a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tekster757
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

comparing the content of two directories

Hello I want to compare the content of two directories recursively to check if the two directories have the same files. How can I do that? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: xyzt
2 Replies

5. Homework & Coursework Questions

comparing 2 directories

i have been asked to write a bash shell script comparing two directories and sed or awk should not be used in this assignment. compdir will compare filenames in two directories, and list information about filenames that are in one directory but not the other. The information listed will be a long... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: soccerball
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Comparing Virtual servers

Hi I need a script to run on a Solaris server to confirm if it is a physical server or a Virtual server please help Mandaken (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: madmacher
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Comparing files names in directory over two servers

Hi folks I need to write a shell script to check whether source and the destination has the same files. The source and destination are over two servers and connecting through ssh. It should even compare the date i.e, the complete file name, date stamp and size should match. Should list out all the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Olivia
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Comparing 2 UNIX directories

Hello, I'd want to compare the content of 2 directories in unix. I use the diff command like this: diff /home/user/AAAAA /home/user/BBBBB It works fine, but when a same file is in both directories and they are diferents, I'd want to see only that it is diferent and not all... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: nolo41
4 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Comparing time differences between 2 Solaris servers

Good day to all. I'm relatively new in using the Sun Solaris OS. I would like to request your expertise in helping to solve a problem that I have at work. Not sure if this has been asked before but I have tried searching through the internet to no avail. Basically I have 2 sun solaris... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Fossil_84
8 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Comparing two directories with diff

Hi all, I have 2 directories on two different servers. I am trying to find out what is missing from directory X and what is missing from directory Y. they should both have the same exact files in them. I understand some files may be missing from both directories on each server. I am not sure... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: jeffs42885
8 Replies
regdiff(7)							SAORD Documentation							regdiff(7)

NAME
RegDiff - Differences Between Funtools and IRAF Regions SYNOPSIS
Describes the differences between Funtools/ds9 regions and the old IRAF/PROS regions. DESCRIPTION
We have tried to make Funtools regions compatible with their predecessor, IRAF/PROS regions. For simple regions and simple boolean algebra between regions, there should be no difference between the two implementations. The following is a list of differences and incompatibili- ties between the two: o If a pixel is covered by two different regions expressions, Funtools assigns the mask value of the first region that contains that pixel. That is, successive regions do not overwrite previous regions in the mask, as was the case with the original PROS regions. This means that one must define overlapping regions in the reverse order in which they were defined in PROS. If region N is fully con- tained within region M, then N should be defined before M, or else it will be "covered up" by the latter. This change is necessitated by the use of optimized filter compilation, i.e., Funtools only tests individual regions until a proper match is made. o The PANDA region has replaced the old PROS syntax in which a PIE accelerator was combined with an ANNULUS accelerator using AND. That is, ANNULUS(20,20,0,15,n=4) & PIE(20,20,0,360,n=3) has been replaced by: PANDA(20,20,0,360,3,0,15,4) The PROS syntax was inconsistent with the meaning of the AND operator. o The meaning of pure numbers (i.e., without format specifiers) in regions has been clarified, as has the syntax for specifying coordi- nate systems. See the general discussion on Spatial Region Filtering for more information. SEE ALSO
See funtools(7) for a list of Funtools help pages version 1.4.2 January 2, 2008 regdiff(7)