Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Thinking about taking a Sun OS Cert Post 302366512 by solaris_user on Thursday 29th of October 2009 05:58:14 PM
Old 10-29-2009
for Solaris , certification is expensive but it worth every penny Smilie
if you learn System V you can easily administrate Linux

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Newbie thinking of Unix

Hey all, I am currently using XP , i want to change OS cos i hate MS and im woundering what kind of OS UNIX is? and will it run on a IMB 100% Compatible PC? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: project_glen
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Have Win98/WinXp..Thinking about Unix!!

I presently have three partitions; one is win. 98(10gig) and the the other xp(10gig). While one more partition that I use as storage(of 20gig). My question is, if I decide to format/remove win. 98 and install unix...would it be possible to do so without disrupting the Winxp....and also, as a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: templer
2 Replies

3. Red Hat

thinking on a BIOS upgrade

Hello, I got a computer in which I decided to change RAM memory cards. These (2) RAMs are: Brand: Crucial Technology DDR Ram 266 Mhz and when I ran memtest86 tool, both of them have errors. So I decided to change them and purchase a new ones. I bought: Brand: Patriot DDR RAM 512 Mb 266... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: inhaki
2 Replies

4. OS X (Apple)

Thinking about putting in a new hard drive

I'm thinking about putting in a new hard drive in my mac book. right now its 250 gb, i want a 750 gb hd. The hard drive I'm looking at is made by MCE Technologies. It spins at 5400 rpm. Its a SATA drive. I just wanted to know if anyone was familiar with this drive. I plan on running linux and I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: N-Training
2 Replies

5. What is on Your Mind?

Thinking of career change to software development

I'm currently administering applications and unix OS. Have no IT degree, learned on the job over last 6-7 years. Have good shell scripting skills, basic perl, know some apache, mysql, sql etc. I enjoy scripting, setting up scripts to use in conjunction with databases and apache etc. I think... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: frustrated1
3 Replies
clprivnet(7)					     Sun Cluster Device and Network Interfaces					      clprivnet(7)

NAME
clprivnet - SUNW,clprivnet Sun Cluster private network driver SYNOPSIS
/dev/clprivnet DESCRIPTION
Note - Beginning with the Sun Cluster 3.2 release, Sun Cluster software includes an object-oriented command set. Although Sun Cluster software still supports the original command set, Sun Cluster procedural documentation uses only the object-oriented command set. For more infor- mation about the object-oriented command set, see the Intro(1CL) man page. The SUNW,clprivnet Sun Cluster private network driver is a STREAMS pseudo driver supporting Sun Cluster resident applications that use standard Solaris interfaces to communicate over the Sun Cluster private network. By striping data traffic over all links, this driver opti- mally utilizes the bandwidth of the private network while supporting highly available, software fault-tolerant communication. APPLICATION PROGRAMMING INTERFACE
The driver is supported by the character-special device /dev/clprivnet, but is reserved for Sun Cluster internal operation and the standard Solaris network utilities. This interface must not be directly used for general application communication. ADMINISTRATION
The administration and configuration of the driver as a network interface is done completely by the Sun Cluster infrastructure internals. FILES
/dev/clprivnet clprivnet special character device /usr/kernel/drv/clprivnet.conf System-wide default device driver properties Sun Cluster 3.2 05 Sep 2007 clprivnet(7)