Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers How to Know is a Remote hosts have open port Post 302366485 by andresguillen on Thursday 29th of October 2009 03:35:39 PM
Old 10-29-2009
Thanks!!!!!!
mglenney, pludi
Excellent tips!!!!!!!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Copy files between remote hosts

Don't know if its correct to write into this topic but how can I copy files from a Windows machine to a UNIX system? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: agasamapetilon
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

ftp into remote hosts

Hi all, Have used ftp to transfer files from remote host to localhost. I was wondering how can I ftp into remote hosts. for example from a unix box, connect to an external server and then ftp that file into mainframe ? I would like to avoid pulling it to unix box and then ftping to mainframe.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kodermanna
1 Replies

3. Debian

Launch remote gui apps in remote hosts

Hi, I've been looking for a way to execute a console program (is in windows but by now I accept the linux way) from a linux machine, but this program has to be opened in the remote side. Linux machine acts only as a "signaling" host. My program has to open the camera in the remote side, but only... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: zauberberg
7 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

remote hosts and wide output?

Hello forum: I am curious about some output that I get using an alias <command> on a remote host and I wondered if someone could point me in the right direction. Symptoms: Using "ssh -qi /path/to/key root@som.ipa.ddr.ess mail" (or variation of via alias) only gives a partial textual... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Habitual
7 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Port Time outs on Remote Hosts

I monitor all my servers using Nagios. Now, for Nagios to run certain checks, it has to connect to remote hosts via a certain port. Lets say the port is 8090. Now, when Nagios connects to a remote host (for an example) via port 8090, and it has to run 6 checks (scripts) on that remote host, i... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
2 Replies

6. IP Networking

Tcp ip port open but no such process (merged: Release A Port)

i want to kill a tcp connection by killing its pid with netstat -an i got the tcp ip connection on port 5914 but when i type ps -a or ps-e there is not such process running on port 5914 is it possible that because i do not log on with proper user account i can not see that process running? (30 Replies)
Discussion started by: alinamadchian
30 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Check port 2222 is open on a remote host

I am able to connect to a remote host using the legacy IP and port 2222. Today the remote has a new IP I am unable to connect. How to check if the remote host is blocking or if its my server is unable to connect. Err Msg : telnet: Unable to connect to remote host: Connection refused Err... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ITDev01
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

SSH to remote hosts in shell scripting

Hi There, I have a file contaning some 100 servers names one by one the file called redhat_servers.txt I want to prepare a script where it should give me the host name and kernal version. I wrote like this, #!/bin/bash while read line do ssh $line "uname -nr" done <... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kumar85shiv
3 Replies

9. Solaris

How to copy a tar file on a series of remote hosts and untar it on those hosts?

Am trying to copy a tar file onto a series of remote hosts and untar it at the destination. Need to do this without having to do multiple ssh. Actions to perform within a single ssh session via shell script - copy a file - untar at destination (remote host) OS : Linux RHEL6 (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sankasu
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk remote multiple hosts print remote hostname and output

Hi all, i'm trying to gether multiple pattern on remote hosts, and trying to print hostname and the pattern, ssh remoteserver1 -C 'hostname 2>&1;cat /var/log/server1.log | awk -F ";" '"'"'{ print " "$2" "$5}'"'"'| sort | uniq -c | sort -g -r ' The output is the following, remoteserver1 ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: charli1
8 Replies
ttyadm(1M)						  System Administration Commands						ttyadm(1M)

NAME
ttyadm - format and output port monitor-specific information SYNOPSIS
/usr/sbin/ttyadm [-b] [-c] [-h] [-I] [-r count] [-i msg] [-m modules] [-p prompt] [-t timeout] [-S y | n] [-T termtype] -d device -l tty- label -s service /usr/sbin/ttyadm -V DESCRIPTION
The ttyadm command is an administrative command that formats ttymon(1M)-specific information and writes it to standard output. The Service Access Facility (SAF) requires each port monitor to provide such a command. Note that the port monitor administrative file is updated by the Service Access Controller's administrative commands, sacadm(1M) and pmadm(1M). ttyadm provides a means of presenting formatted port monitor-specific (ttymon-specific) data to these commands. OPTIONS
The following options are supported: -b Set the ``bi-directional port'' flag. When this flag is set, the line can be used in both directions. ttymon will allow users to connect to the service associated with the port, but if the port is free, uucico(1M), cu(1C), or ct(1C) can use it for dialing out. -c Set the connect-on-carrier flag for the port. If the -c flag is set, ttymon will invoke the port's associated service imme- diately when a connect indication is received (that is, no prompt is printed and no baud-rate searching is done). -d device device is the full pathname of the device file for the TTY port. -h Set the hangup flag for the port. If the -h flag is not set, ttymon will force a hangup on the line by setting the speed to 0 before setting the speed to the default or specified value. -i message Specify the inactive (disabled) response message. This message will be sent to the TTY port if the port is disabled or the ttymon monitoring the port is disabled. -I Initialize only. If the -I option is used, ttymon will invoke the service only once. This can be used to configure a par- ticular device without actually monitoring it, as with software carrier. -l ttylabel Specify which ttylabel in the /etc/ttydefs file to use as the starting point when searching for the proper baud rate. -m modules Specify a list of pushable STREAMS modules. The modules will be pushed in the order in which they are specified before the service is invoked. modules must be a comma-separated list of modules, with no white space included. Any modules currently on the stream will be popped before these modules are pushed. -p prompt Specify the prompt message, for example, ``login:''. -r count When the -r option is invoked, ttymon will wait until it receives data from the port before it displays a prompt. If count is 0, ttymon will wait until it receives any character. If count is greater than 0, ttymon will wait until count newlines have been received. -s service service is the full pathname of the service to be invoked when a connection request is received. If arguments are required, the command and its arguments must be enclosed in double quotes (" "). -S y|n Set the software carrier value. y will turn software carrier on. n will turn software carrier off. -t timeout Specify that ttymon should close a port if the open on the port succeeds, and no input data is received in timeout seconds. -T termtype Set the terminal type. The TERM environment variable will be set to termtype. -V Display the version number of the current /usr/lib/saf/ttymon command. OUTPUT
If successful, ttyadm will generate the requested information, write it to standard output, and exit with a status of 0. If ttyadm is invoked with an invalid number of arguments or invalid arguments, or if an incomplete option is specified, an error message will be written to standard error and ttymon will exit with a non-zero status. FILES
/etc/ttydefs ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
ct(1C), cu(1C), pmadm(1M), sacadm(1M), ttymon(1M), uucico(1M), attributes(5) System Administration Guide: Basic Administration SunOS 5.10 14 Sep 1992 ttyadm(1M)