Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming Problem FETCHing Long data type using CURSOR Post 302366393 by manbt on Thursday 29th of October 2009 11:12:21 AM
Old 10-29-2009
Thanks Jim for replying.

This is an old application I am maintaining so people dont want to move it to CLOB.

Regarding the data problem, it does not seems to be it as the data which is getting cut is a single word.

eg. at 22751 bytes data there is this word "...DOWN RESPONSE" and I am getting till "...DOW". So it does not seem to be ascii(0) issue.

Cheers!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

enable 64bit long type for gcc

hey, I believe I once saw a post in this forum, about enable an GCC option to enable long types. I simply cannot find it any more. Can anybody give me a hint? I am on 32bit Ubuntu, and I would like my int be really long. Also I need malloc() take long int argument too. I found it is necessary to... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: patiobarbecue
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

fetching data from sybase using perl

How can I fetch and retreive data(of each result set) of multiple result set from sybase by calling a stored procedure using perl DBI module on an unix solaris environment????? Please help (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: wadhwa.pooja
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract data based on match against one column data from a long list data

My input file: data_5 Ali 422 2.00E-45 102/253 140/253 24 data_3 Abu 202 60.00E-45 12/23 140/23 28 data_1 Ahmad 256 7.00E-45 120/235 140/235 22 data_4 Aman 365 8.00E-45 15/65 140/65 20 data_10 Jones 869 9.00E-45 65/253 140/253 18... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: patrick87
12 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extracting LONG Data Type from DB via UNIX Script

Hi, I want to extract a XML file which is stored in the database having a data Type as "LONG" via UNIX Scripting. But when i am triggering the SQL via UNIX it is fetching only the first Line and not the complete XML. Can you please suggest if the parameters that i have used needs any... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: dear_abhi2007
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Fetching data from .csv file

Hi Experts, I have created a table with columns as empname,empid,phone,shiftname. Now I am having a .csv file format which contains the shift datas of the employees. I have to fetch this file and compare with the table I created to send an alert to the specified user. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: micky3112
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Fetching data from file

Hi All, I'm facing issue while using script. Chk_Etl_Status=`cat /dstage/questnet/qnetdv/input/Etl_Status.dat|cut -d"," -f1` echo Chk_Etl_Status=$Chk_Etl_Status above result is giving me sometime value as 1 and sometime error message as Chk_Etl_Status= dsjoblaunch.sh: test: Specify a... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Amit786
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Fetching data particular data from the file.

Hi All, I have one fine which contaning the record as below, I need to fetch the number which is in Bold and from second line only URL need to pick. :ABCD C7QyzBXIs58k 1 fdmlksdlkfn ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Riverstone
4 Replies

8. Red Hat

Double data type C Red Hat platform problem

I'm converting a binary file to ASCII using c code. The folllowing block of code prints correct double value 00000.000000000 on HPUNIX platform. longi double; /* C79 - Price Per Minute */ memcpy(&longi,&rbuff,8); fprintf(wfp,"%015.9f ",longi); prints : 00000.000000000 ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: krk
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Fetching the required data out of a tabular form

Hello Gurus, I am trying to fetch a required number of lines from an output of a command which is in tabular form. Below is the command for reference along with how the result is being shown on UNIX shell. /usr/openv/volmgr/bin/vmquery -b -p 5 The result of the above command is as... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ali Sarwar
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extracting LONG Data Type from DB via UNIX Script

Hi, I want to extract a XML file which is stored in the database having a data Type as "LONG" via UNIX Scripting. But when i am triggering the SQL via UNIX it is fetching only the first Line and not the complete XML. Can you please suggest if the parameters that i have used needs any... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Barbara1234
2 Replies
FBSQL_CREATE_CLOB(3)							 1						      FBSQL_CREATE_CLOB(3)

fbsql_create_clob - Create a CLOB

SYNOPSIS
string fbsql_create_clob (string $clob_data, [resource $link_identifier]) DESCRIPTION
Creates a CLOB from the given data. PARAMETERS
o $clob_data - The CLOB data. o $ link_identifier -A FrontBase link identifier returned by fbsql_connect(3) or fbsql_pconnect(3).If optional and not specified, the function will try to find an open link to the FrontBase server and if no such link is found it will try to create one as if fbsql_connect(3) was called with no arguments. RETURN VALUES
Returns a resource handle to the newly created CLOB, which can be used with insert and update commands to store the CLOB in the database. EXAMPLES
Example #1 fbsql_create_clob(3) example <?php $link = fbsql_pconnect("localhost", "_SYSTEM", "secret") or die("Could not connect"); $filename = "clob_file.txt"; $fp = fopen($filename, "rb"); $clobdata = fread($fp, filesize($filename)); fclose($fp); $clobHandle = fbsql_create_clob($clobdata, $link); $sql = "INSERT INTO CLOB_TABLE (CLOB_COLUMN) VALUES ($clobHandle);"; $rs = fbsql_query($sql, $link); ?> SEE ALSO
fbsql_create_blob(3), fbsql_read_blob(3), fbsql_read_clob(3), fbsql_set_lob_mode(3). PHP Documentation Group FBSQL_CREATE_CLOB(3)