Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to print variable value using file. Post 302366342 by bhavesh.sapra on Thursday 29th of October 2009 09:39:14 AM
Old 10-29-2009
How to print variable value using file.

I have defined variable in linux using command #year=twenty
Now i want to use CGI script to print this value.
how can i do so?
quick response will be highly appreciated.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

print the name of variable

How can I pass the name of the variable inside a for statment I have a script something like below: classA=12 classB=14 classC=16 # classD = 20 all_class="classA classB classC" for i in $all_class do echo $i = $($i) #<---- this one not work #echo $i = $(echo $i) ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sun-guy
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

print variable in file using awk

hi, i have store variable in $var i want to print it in $3 of file using awk. how can i do it? file : var1,var2,var3 var5,var6,var7 var8,var9,var10 . . . i want to print $var in $3 ( for example var3 or var7 or var10) thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kamel.seg
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk print redirection to variable file name

Hello, i need to redirect the output of print to a variable file name: #This is normal awk '{ print $17 > "output.txt" }' input #I need something like this awk '{ print $17 > "output_${25}.txt" }' input how to format the output file name to contain a variable? (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: nazeeb
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print arguments with the help of variable

Let's say I want to print the arguments $4 till $#, how can I do this? $# contains the number of arguments $@ contain all the arguments as string What i need is something like for i in $4_till_$#; do #do something with $i convert $i ~/$output done The first 3 arguments are used as options... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: hakermania
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk print variable

I have list of files: ls a.pdf b.pdf c.pdf and so on... and I have a file like this: cat file1 apple mango pear and so on... I want to rename my file like this: (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: zorrox
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk print using a variable

hey, just want to ask how to do this. ex. g="hi i am john" h=`echo $g | awk '{print $2}'` echo $h OUTPUT is 'i' What if I want to use a variable instead of using '2', how do I do that? Because this one does not work: a=2 h=`echo $g | awk '{print ${$a}}'` this one also does not... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: h0ujun
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk print variable then fields in variable

i have this variable: varT="1--2--3--5" i want to use awk to print field 3 from this variable. i dont want to do the "echo $varT". but here's my awk code: awk -v valA="$varT" "BEGIN {print valA}" this prints the entire line. i feel like i'm so close to getting what i want. i... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

To print value for a $variable inside a $variable or file

Hi guys, I have a file "abc.dat" in below format: FILE_PATH||||$F_PATH TABLE_LIST||||a|b|c SYST_NM||||${SRC_SYST} Now I am trying to read the above file and want to print the value for above dollar variables F_PATH and SRC_SYST. The problem is it's reading the dollar variables as... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: abcabc1103
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to lookup stored variable in file and print matching line

The bash bash below extracts the oldest folder from a directory and stores it in filename That result will match a line in bold in input. In the matching line there is an_xxx digit in italics that (once the leading zero is removed) will match a line in link. That is the lint to print in output.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to print contents of file when the file path is in a variable?

The file f1 contains the text "body" (shell prompt is "$"): $ cat ~/path/f1 body How to print contents of f1 when the f1 path is in a variable? Here is my failed attempt: $ f1="~/path/f1" $ echo $f1 ~/path/f1 $ cat $f1 cat: '~/path/f1': No such file or directory (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: wolfv
2 Replies
Extratags(3pm)						User Contributed Perl Documentation					    Extratags(3pm)

NAME
CGI::Extratags - Useful Extensions for the CGI Module SYNOPSIS
use CGI::Extratags; $cgi = new CGI::Extratags; print $cgi -> email ('racke@linuxia.de'); print $cgi -> jump ('CONTACT', 'contact us'); print $cgi -> mark ('CONTACT', $cgi -> h2 ('How to contact us')); print $cgi -> row ('Date', 18, 1, 1966); print $cgi -> recall ('Debian CD', artnum => '0-123456'); DESCRIPTION
CGI::Extratags adds several useful methods to the CGI class. email ADDRESS print $cgi -> email ('racke@linuxia.de'); Produces HTML code for a link to an email ADDRESS. jump MARK TEXT print $cgi -> jump ('CONTACT', 'contact us'); Produces HTML code for a link pointing to a target within the current document. mark NAME TEXT print $cgi -> mark ('CONTACT', $cgi -> h2 ('How to contact us')); Generates target NAME for hyperlinks. row [ITEM ...] print $cgi -> row ('Date', 18, 1, 1966); Produces HTML code for a table row with ITEM arguments as cell contents. recall TEXT [NAME [VALUE]] ... foreach my $num (sort (keys %artmap)) { print $cgi -> recall ($artmap{$num}, artnum => $num); print $cgi -> br; } Produces a link to the script itself labeled with TEXT. The NAME/VALUE pairs will be passed as parameters. AUTHOR
Stefan Hornburg, racke@linuxia.de SEE ALSO
perl(1), URI::Escape(3), CGI(3). perl v5.8.4 2004-07-11 Extratags(3pm)