Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Thinking about taking a Sun OS Cert Post 302366331 by bartus11 on Thursday 29th of October 2009 09:20:36 AM
Old 10-29-2009
It depends on your knowledge regarding Linux/Unix commang line (creating catalogs, editting files with Vi, etc). If you are on really beginning level at this then you should probably take SCSAS first.

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Newbie thinking of Unix

Hey all, I am currently using XP , i want to change OS cos i hate MS and im woundering what kind of OS UNIX is? and will it run on a IMB 100% Compatible PC? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: project_glen
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Have Win98/WinXp..Thinking about Unix!!

I presently have three partitions; one is win. 98(10gig) and the the other xp(10gig). While one more partition that I use as storage(of 20gig). My question is, if I decide to format/remove win. 98 and install unix...would it be possible to do so without disrupting the Winxp....and also, as a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: templer
2 Replies

3. Red Hat

thinking on a BIOS upgrade

Hello, I got a computer in which I decided to change RAM memory cards. These (2) RAMs are: Brand: Crucial Technology DDR Ram 266 Mhz and when I ran memtest86 tool, both of them have errors. So I decided to change them and purchase a new ones. I bought: Brand: Patriot DDR RAM 512 Mb 266... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: inhaki
2 Replies

4. OS X (Apple)

Thinking about putting in a new hard drive

I'm thinking about putting in a new hard drive in my mac book. right now its 250 gb, i want a 750 gb hd. The hard drive I'm looking at is made by MCE Technologies. It spins at 5400 rpm. Its a SATA drive. I just wanted to know if anyone was familiar with this drive. I plan on running linux and I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: N-Training
2 Replies

5. What is on Your Mind?

Thinking of career change to software development

I'm currently administering applications and unix OS. Have no IT degree, learned on the job over last 6-7 years. Have good shell scripting skills, basic perl, know some apache, mysql, sql etc. I enjoy scripting, setting up scripts to use in conjunction with databases and apache etc. I think... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: frustrated1
3 Replies
MAKEPATTERN(1gmt)					       Generic Mapping Tools						 MAKEPATTERN(1gmt)

NAME
makepattern - make GMT color pattern from b/w pattern or icon SYNOPSIS
makepattern 1bit.ras | iconfile -Cfr/g/b -Cbr/g/b DESCRIPTION
makepattern reads either a Sun 1-bit rasterfile OR a Sun icon file. It then accepts color choices for the foreground and background pixels and colorizes the pattern, writing it as a 8-bit Sun rasterfile on stdout. These patterns may then be used in GMT (3.1 or later) -Gp set- tings or by psimage. 1bit.ras | iconfile Either a 1-bit Sun rasterfile (standard format, no RLE) or a Sun icon file (as used in GMT 3.0). -Cf Sets the color for the foreground pixels (the ones) [black]. -Cb Sets the color for the background pixels (the zeros) [white]. WIN32 fix Since binary redirection under WIN32 does not work, you must specify the output file with -Gnewfile.ras. This option is only available under WIN32. EXAMPLES
To create a colorized red/blue 8-bit Sun rasterfile pattern from the old 3.0-style iconpattern stored in file custom.icon, run makepattern custom.icon -Cfred -Cbblue > custom.ras To create a green/blue 8-bit Sun rasterfile pattern from a 1-bit Sun raster called bits.ras, run makepattern bits.ras -Cfgreen -Cbblue > colorbits.ras SEE ALSO
GMT(1), psimage(1) GMT 4.5.7 15 Jul 2011 MAKEPATTERN(1gmt)