Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting ftp in shell script is not working Post 302366277 by methyl on Thursday 29th of October 2009 07:19:14 AM
Old 10-29-2009
You have an interesting mixture of ftp and shell commands. The syntax of ${HOST} looks like Windows?
Please post the exact Operating System of the source and destination computers and make it clear which computer hosts each operation, which computer holds which file, and which environment variable refers to each file. Where is the SQL query in the script?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

mput is not working in ftp script

1)In this script mput command is not working( not transfering multiple files, it is able to send single file) 2)here is the script to automate the ftp process . 3)for transfering files from one machine to other machine using ftp can anyone can give me the solution in this issue Script is... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: gsri
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

FTP script not working

hi I have made d below ftp script but the last part of script ie. moving the files after transfer (to a location in the source server only) is not working for me. Can anybody pls..help.in same..!!! ####################################################### #!/bin/sh ftp -n 10.209.13.11... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rookie250
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl script 'system' linking to local shell script not working

Trying to figure out why this works: printpwd.pl #!/usr/bin/perl use CGI::Carp qw( fatalsToBrowser ); print "Content-type: text/html\n\n"; $A = system("pwd"); $A = `pwd`; print "$A\n"; ^^actually that works/breaks if that makes any sense.. i get the working directory twice but when... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: phpfreak
5 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Unix FTP Script connecting through proxy Not working

Hi All, can some one please help me to solve this issue, its urgent:confused: We need to FTP a file form our Unix server to an external client FTP location. I am trying to connect to the proxy server first and then use the below USER comment to connect to the external FTP server, and its working... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: JesusJoseph
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

bash script for ftp-upload is not working

Hello everyone, sorry for the title, most of you must getting sick of reading something like this, but I haven't found a solution, although I found many threads according to it. I'm working on a bash script that connects to a network printer with ftp where I want to upload a pdf created... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: le_mae
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script not working after FTP

Hi Gurus, I prepared a script to process some files and then ftp the output file to mainframe directory. Here is the code snippet for the same. # Perform FTP echo "put $TGT_DR/$K.$F.$I.$K1.$RUN_TYPE '$K.$F.$I.$K1.$RUN_TYPE'" >> $LogFile ftp -i -n <<EOF >> $LogFile open... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: svajhala
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

FTP using script not working (for transfering file from a remote unix server to windows PC.)

hi, Im using the following code for FTP #!/usr/bin/ksh ftp -v -n "10.29.45.11" << cmd user "mahesva" "mahesva123" get rtl.tar quit cmd Below is the log when i run the above code ********************************** Connected to 10.29.45.11. 220 (vsFTPd 2.0.1) 530 Please login with USER... (20 Replies)
Discussion started by: dll_fpga
20 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cp not working in shell script but running perfectly from shell

Dear All, I have script. Dest="" IFS=' ' for translation in $(echo $MY_MAP) do t1=$(echo $translation | cut -d"=" -f1) t2=$(echo $translation | cut -d"=" -f2| cut -d"," -f1) if then Dest=$UNX/$u_product_path/$u_study_path/$UNXTR/$t2 break; ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: yadavricky
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

FTP script not working

Hi , Hi , seems in my code '\' is ignoring in user id and considering DB_SVCGPRUAT as a ID and failing to connect to the FTP server. my complete ID 'BD\SVCGPRUAT', how to rectify this error. #!/bin/bash myuser='"BD\_SVCGPRUAT" { BD is domain } mypass='Welcome$123'... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Riverstone
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

FTP script not working

Hi, I have one FTP script which simply sends the file to target server via netrc.it used to work as normal for years.recently target server IP got changed , same has been updated in .netrc but unable to connect it via FTP though netwrk guys already opened the port 21,20 and 22 . NETRC... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Riverstone
7 Replies
machid(1)							   User Commands							 machid(1)

NAME
machid, sun, iAPX286, i286, i386, i486, i860, pdp11, sparc, u3b, u3b2, u3b5, u3b15, vax, u370 - get processor type truth value SYNOPSIS
sun iAPX286 i386 pdp11 sparc u3b u3b2 u3b5 u3b15 vax u370 DESCRIPTION
The following commands will return a true value (exit code of 0) if you are using an instruction set that the command name indicates. sun True if you are on a Sun system. iAPX286 True if you are on a computer using an iAPX286 processor. i386 True if you are on a computer using an iAPX386 processor. pdp11 True if you are on a PDP-11/45tm or PDP-11/70tm. sparc True if you are on a computer using a SPARC-family processor. u3b True if you are on a 3B20 computer. u3b2 True if you are on a 3B2 computer. u3b5 True if you are on a 3B5 computer. u3b15 True if you are on a 3B15 computer. vax True if you are on a VAX-11/750tm or VAX-11/780tm. u370 True if you are on an IBM(R) System/370tm computer. The commands that do not apply will return a false (non-zero) value. These commands are often used within makefiles (see make(1S)) and shell scripts (see sh(1)) to increase portability. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
make(1S), sh(1), test(1), true(1), uname(1), attributes(5) NOTES
The machid family of commands is obsolete. Use uname -p and uname -m instead. SunOS 5.11 5 Jul 1990 machid(1)