Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting searching a date and replacing with another date Post 302366237 by know d unknown on Thursday 29th of October 2009 05:52:10 AM
Old 10-29-2009
am sorry about the syntax i gav...

Code:
sed 's:[0-1][0-9]/[0-3][0-9]/[0-9][0-9][0-9][0-9]:10/18/2009:g' file_name

Last edited by Franklin52; 10-29-2009 at 07:33 AM.. Reason: Please use code tags!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

searching a file by date...

It's possible to use "find" to search a file that was modified for example between 5/10/2004 and 7/11/2005? How can i do this? I saw there is option -mtime, but i don't understand how to use it in this case. Thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kaminski
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed replacing date

I found this code on here in another thread (which I can't find now). The code works on normal text, but not for a date in the format of "mm/dd/yyyy". I assume it has to do with the "/". I am using korn shell. Any ideas? sed 's/${OldDate}/${NewDate}/g' < file > file.new mv file.new file (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: stringzz
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Issue searching for Date

I have an issue regarding searching for old dates. At the moment I search a field within a file for the last 3 days from the system date: using today as 25/02/2010 DD=$(expr `date +%d` - 1) DD1=$(expr `date +%d` - 2) DD2=$(expr `date +%d` - 3) MTH=`date +"%m"` YR=`date +"%Y"`... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pablo_beezo
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Searching the date pattern in a file

Hi, I would like to search the pattern based on the date like "2010/08/15". I tried using / in the file giving /<<pattern>>. when i tried this it turns to /2010/+8, but not going to the pattern what ever i want. This is how the data in the file. INFO | jvm 1 | 2010/05/26 13:30:33... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: venkatesht
5 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Searching by date range from filenames

Hello all, i have tons of files in folder named like this (yyyymmdd): bookcollection20100729 bookcollection20100730 bookcollection20100731 bookcollection20100801 bookcollection20100802 etc. I need to find files with date range in there names lets say from 2010.07.30 - 2010.08.02 ... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Whit3H0rse
10 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replacing / by - in date

Dear Friends, Following is manupulated output of our script. e.g. lkme_lpst 2 Pur_dt 31/12/2011 bl_dt 01/02/2011 rt_dt 02/02/2011 prod_btch 19/1452147-5210 We further want to manupulate it and want to replace / by - i.e. Lkme_lpst 2 Pur_dt 31-12-2011 bl_dt 01-02-2011... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: anushree.a
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Converting a date to friday date and finding Min/Max date

Dear all, I have 2 questions. I have a file with many rows which has date of the format YYYYMMDD. 1. I need to change the date to that weeks friday date(Ex: 20120716(monday) to 20120720). Satuday/Sunday has to be changed to next week friday date too. 2. After converting the date to... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: 2001.arun
10 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Searching for unknown date inside the file and replace to new date

Hello, Iam a newbies to Shell scripting. Iam trying to replace the date inside the file to new date. is there anyway that we can just use the pattern to search as "..." I have many files want to replace with the same date, and each file contains different date. Thanks for your help. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Daro
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replacing Date in the file with Create date and timestamp

Hello, I have files that with a naming convention as shown below. Some of the files have dates in the file name and some of them don't have dates in the file name. imap-hp-import-20150917.txt imap-dell-gec-import-20150901.txt imap-cvs-import-20150915.txt imap-gec-import.txt... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Saanvi1
8 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Date: invalid date trying to set Linux date in specific format

i try to set linux date & time in specific format but it keep giving me error Example : date "+%d-%m-%C%y %H:%M:%S" -d "19-01-2017 00:05:01" or date +"%d-%m-%C%y %H:%M:%S" -d "19-01-2017 00:05:01" keep giving me this error : date: invalid date ‘19-01-2017 00:05:01' Please use CODE tags... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: umen
7 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangVar(3)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				 Locale::Codes::LangVar(3)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangVar - standard codes for language variation identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangVar; $lvar = code2langvar('acm'); # $lvar gets 'Mesopotamian Arabic' $code = langvar2code('Mesopotamian Arabic'); # $code gets 'acm' @codes = all_langvar_codes(); @names = all_langvar_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangVar" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language variations, such as those as defined in the IANA language registry. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default IANA language registry codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language variations. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lvar = code2langvar('arevela','alpha'); $lvar = code2langvar('arevela',LOCALE_LANGVAR_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of alphanumeric codes from the IANA language registry, such as 'arevela' for Eastern Armenian. This code set is identified with the symbol "LOCALE_LANGVAR_ALPHA". This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langvar ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langvar2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langvar_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langvar_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langvar_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::rename_langvar ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::rename_langvar_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.iana.org/assignments/language-subtag-registry The IANA language subtag registry. AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.16.3 2013-04-12 Locale::Codes::LangVar(3)