Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Shell Scripting not showing in process when it goes to sleep Post 302366147 by ripat on Thursday 29th of October 2009 02:39:04 AM
Old 10-29-2009
I guessed you also checked the value of your variables sent to the log by logger. Otherwise, I don't see any reason why that script shouldn't sleep.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

my process is going to sleep mode after 12 hours but i need my process in in firsy pr

hi all I process is sleeping after 12 hours but i need to be run this to 24 hours but it goes in sleep mode after 12 hours what should i do to make process always running.Kindly give me suggestion. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mukesh_rakesh1
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to start a process and make it sleep for 5 mins and then kill that process

how to start a process and make it sleep for 5 mins and then kill that process (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: shrao
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Background Process Shell Scripting

I have a following program: echofunc() { filename=$1 echo "reading $filename" while read line do echo $line; sleep 6; done < $filename } split -5 new.dat ls x* > input.dat while read file do echofun $file & done < input.dat (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dhieraj
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Wait Process in Shell Scripting.

Hello, I have a script that needs to wait till the previous process is done within the same script.But my script doesnt wait till that it is done.Can anyone suggest how I can stop my process till the previous task is done. I tried 'wait' but I dont have a static process id so is there... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sud
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to stop the process in shell scripting?

Hi all, I have tried the below code to execute. #! /bin/bash date1=`date -d "today 08:00:00" +%s` date2=`date -d "today 08:01:00" +%s` path=/home/user01/red/IDC/sample cd $path java Cspsamp 111.19.5.172 7025 rd1 rd1 "5022=Query|5026=109378|4=627|5=E:VD|5042=$date1|5049=$date2"... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: aish11
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell scripting errors for ftp process

Hi i am facing problem in shell scripting for ftp process getting following errors here is the script & result vi GtpTxnlogs_ftp.sh "GtpTxnlogs_ftp.sh" 40 lines, 921 characters #!/usr/bin/bash ###################################################################################### #... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sarmistha
4 Replies

7. BSD

Process remians in Running state causing other similar process to sleep and results to system hang

Hi Experts, I am facing one problem here which is one process always stuck in running state which causes the other similar process to sleep state . This causes my system in hanged state. On doing cat /proc/<pid>wchan showing the "__init_begin" in the output. Can you please help me here... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: naveeng
0 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Process remians in Running state causing other similar process to sleep and results to system hang

Hi Experts, I am facing one problem here which is one process always stuck in running state which causes the other similar process to sleep state . This causes my system in hanged state. On doing cat /proc/<pid>wchan showing the "__init_begin" in the output. Can you please help me here... (1 Reply)
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Hi Experts, I am facing one problem here which is one process always stuck in running state which causes the other similar process to sleep state . This causes my system in hanged state. On doing cat /proc/<pid>wchan showing the "__init_begin" in the output. Can you please help me here... (6 Replies)
6 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to display only the first 5 running process using top in shell scripting?

topfunc() { top } topfunc Here i used the top command inside a function,and i called the function. when executing this bash file i get all the process which are using by the kernel i just want to display only the first 5 running process. is it possible? (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Meeran Rizvi
7 Replies