Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: counter
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting counter Post 302366081 by Scott on Wednesday 28th of October 2009 07:14:35 PM
Old 10-28-2009
Hi.

I think I understand the part of your question about the count > 10, but not at all sure about the part "longer than 3 hours".

What does that mean?

(and what does tail +2 do, and why are you directing standard error from SQL Plus when it really doesn't matter (it doesn't write there!)?)

Code:
/home/oracle/tmp10 > cat Test
sqlplus -s scott/tiger << EOF 2> /dev/null
set pages 0
set head off
set feedback off
set termout off
set verify off
set echo off
  select something from somethere_that_doesnt_exist;
EOF

/home/oracle/tmp10 > ./Test
  select something from somethere_that_doesnt_exist
ERROR at line 1:
ORA-00942: table or view does not exist

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

grep and counter

Hi, I have such an example(ksh): name1=Example directory=/directory1/Example/directory2 match=$(grep -s '$name1' $directory | wc -l) echo $match But it replies to me: 0 What I expect from it, is to find $name1 in $directory and produce 1 for me as true, not false. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: chish
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

histogram or counter

Dear all, I have numerous dat files (a.dat, b.dat...) containing 500 numeric values each. I would like to count them, based on their range and obtain a histogram or a counter. INPUT: a.dat 1.3 2.16 0.34 ...... b.dat 1.54 0.94 3.13 ..... ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: chen.xiao.po
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

List Counter

cat sport_by_month Month : Jan sport :Football sport :Volleyball Month: Feb sport :BasketBall sport: Cricket sport: Fotball Month: Mar Month: APR sport : Bowling sport : Climbing I need your help to have a script that count the number of sports per month and sorted by mont with... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sara_84
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

problem with counter

i having a file xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx1234 ...........value can be change xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx1235 xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx1236 . . . . xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx1300 ...........value can be change i want to cut last four characters of first line and last line and find the missing pattern. output should... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sagar_1986
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Counter

if ;then echo "mrnet greater 5000" gzip /var/log/mrnet.log mv /var/log/mrnet.log.gz /var/log/mrnet.log.1.gz if ];then i=1 let i++ mv /var/log/mrnet.log.1.gz /var/log/vieux-logs/mrnet.log.$i.gz else echo "theres no... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Froob
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help require with counter

I have this file 1801,A1,2012-12-16 15:59:59.995,id2_3,ab,phoneC2-00,VOE,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, 1802,A1,2012-12-16 15:59:59.995,id2_3,ab=,phoneX1-01,BL,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, 1803,A1,2012-12-16 15:59:59.995,id2_3,ab,phone300,BL,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, 1804,A1,2012-12-16... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: nikhil jain
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Record counter

For the following code SEQ=200 awk -v S="$SEQ" ' $0 ~ S { N++ print N } ' "$1"ascii >"$1"search N is printed 8002 times as it occurred 8002 times in file how I could print the counter one time only (20 Replies)
Discussion started by: khaled79
20 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Pegging counter

Hi Experts, I am in need for some help. My competence level on unix is not at all helping me to resolve this. Please help. My Input for a system command is as under: Counters are getting pegged each hour. I need to have a difference printed rather than pegged counter values. Counter... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vanand420
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Do i miss counter or what

hello this script should show all users and space they used without problem : ls /home >> /root/users.txt cat /root/users.txt | while read line; do space=`du -s /home/$line` echo "$line space is $space" shift done but when i remove pipe ,script run without any output: ls /home... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: nimafire
4 Replies
CHING(6)							   Games Manual 							  CHING(6)

NAME
ching - the book of changes and other cookies SYNOPSIS
/usr/games/ching [ hexagram ] DESCRIPTION
The I Ching or Book of Changes is an ancient Chinese oracle that has been in use for centuries as a source of wisdom and advice. The text of the oracle (as it is sometimes known) consists of sixty-four hexagrams, each symbolized by a particular arrangement of six straight (---) and broken (- -) lines. These lines have values ranging from six through nine, with the even values indicating the broken lines. Each hexagram consists of two major sections. The Judgement relates specifically to the matter at hand (E.g., "It furthers one to have somewhere to go.") while the Image describes the general attributes of the hexagram and how they apply to one's own life ("Thus the supe- rior man makes himself strong and untiring."). When any of the lines have the values six or nine, they are moving lines; for each there is an appended judgement which becomes signifi- cant. Furthermore, the moving lines are inherently unstable and change into their opposites; a second hexagram (and thus an additional judgement) is formed. Normally, one consults the oracle by fixing the desired question firmly in mind and then casting a set of changes (lines) using yarrow-stalks or tossed coins. The resulting hexagram will be the answer to the question. Using an algorithm suggested by S. C. Johnson, the UNIX oracle simply reads a question from the standard input (up to an EOF) and hashes the individual characters in combination with the time of day, process id and any other magic numbers which happen to be lying around the system. The resulting value is used as the seed of a random number generator which drives a simulated coin-toss divination. The answer is then piped through nroff for formatting and will appear on the standard output. For those who wish to remain steadfast in the old traditions, the oracle will also accept the results of a personal divination using, for example, coins. To do this, cast the change and then type the resulting line values as an argument. The impatient modern may prefer to settle for Chinese cookies; try fortune(6). SEE ALSO
It furthers one to see the great man. DIAGNOSTICS
The great prince issues commands, Founds states, vests families with fiefs. Inferior people should not be employed. BUGS
Waiting in the mud Brings about the arrival of the enemy. If one is not extremely careful, Somebody may come up from behind and strike him. Misfortune. 7th Edition May 20, 1985 CHING(6)