Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Help on System Freeze in SCO
Operating Systems SCO Help on System Freeze in SCO Post 302366058 by rrb2009 on Wednesday 28th of October 2009 04:33:36 PM
Old 10-28-2009
Help on System Freeze in SCO

Hi,

My SCO server freezes suddenly. I just want to know if there any tools / commands availble that can find which is causing the freeze?

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Ravikumar R

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

System Layouts For SCO Systems.

I work as the Systems Administrator for a reasonably large Company. We have just started setting up a WAN. Before this WAN setup started it was a tedious job to admin all our servers all over the country. Before I was officialy the "Systems Administrator" our previous guy setup our new SCO Box to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: shimmer
2 Replies

2. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

SCO TCP/IP runtime System for SCO Unix

Hi everyone i have a question for all of you. It may be basic or it may be a good one. I recently aquired a copy of "SCO TCP/IP runtime System for SCO Unix" (thats what the disks say) and for the life of me i can not get it to load. i have tried opening the disk in linux and it can not determine... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Cerberus
0 Replies

3. SCO

system log of SCO

Hi, I did shutdown and restart SCO server, now wanna find log to know exactly when system was effected. I took a look at /var/adm/ but seem there are no logs for my required information. it seems diff from Sun or HP UNIX... appreciate all your help. Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: milo
2 Replies

4. SCO

where can get iso of sco system v 5.05

hi all please someone tell me where can get iso of sco System V vs 5.05 regards (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: weramirez
1 Replies

5. Linux

Read data of a page frame (linux) make freeze the system

Hello, I'm writing a linux driver that reading the data of a page frame of an process. But when I use it, it make immediately freeze the system. Can you help me? Thank for reading my question! system: Ubuntu 9.04, kernel 2.6.28.15, Intel Duo static int read_addr(int pid, unsigned long... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hahai
2 Replies

6. Linux

How to trace the module after system freeze?

Hi, I wrote a kernel module that did a virtual network protocol and library that provide interface for application use to interact with the kernel module by ioctl actions. insmod the module and unload the module, there will be no problem. But once I call the library with my example... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: a2156z
0 Replies

7. SCO

SCO system V documentation

Hi! I'm about to throw away a shelf meter or so of SCO system V official documentation. The original beige binders. I'm not sure if there is a shortage of these old books, but if anyone near Gothenburg, Sweden has use for them. Drop me a line at : martin (dot) rudolfson at mac (dot) com Martin (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: iMan
4 Replies

8. SCO

SCO 6.0 Freeze

Hi Gurus I have installed SCO 6.0 open server on Dell R710 server. It has frozen three times afte installtion. and I had to cold reboot to bring the server back again. I need to know where to look for the reason it froze. The keyboard on the server the asterisk key is pressed, even... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: atish0
13 Replies

9. Cybersecurity

Freeze system

hello is there any freeze software for Linux-redhat system to prevent any changes on /root (wish open topic on right forum) (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nimafire
3 Replies

10. SCO

SCO Development System for System V 3.2 R4.2

Hi Guys, Some time ago I get a disk for my SCO System V 3.2 R4.2 tcp 1.2.1 distribution. Now 4 Year later I am serarching the development system due to the fact that System V did not come with the C compiler. There is any change to get it ? my intention is academyc only. or anyone... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: locovich
3 Replies
FreezeThaw(3)						User Contributed Perl Documentation					     FreezeThaw(3)

NAME
FreezeThaw - converting Perl structures to strings and back. SYNOPSIS
use FreezeThaw qw(freeze thaw cmpStr safeFreeze cmpStrHard); $string = freeze $data1, $data2, $data3; ... ($olddata1, $olddata2, $olddata3) = thaw $string; if (cmpStr($olddata2,$data2) == 0) {print "OK!"} DESCRIPTION
Converts data to/from stringified form, appropriate for saving-to/reading-from permanent storage. Deals with objects, circular lists, repeated appearence of the same refence. Does not deal with overloaded stringify operator yet. EXPORT
Default None. Exportable "freeze thaw cmpStr cmpStrHard safeFreeze". User API "cmpStr" analogue of "cmp" for data. Takes two arguments and compares them as separate entities. "cmpStrHard" analogue of "cmp" for data. Takes two arguments and compares them considered as a group. "freeze" returns a string that encupsulates its arguments (considered as a group). "thaw"ing this string leads to a fatal error if arguments to "freeze" contained references to "GLOB"s and "CODE"s. "safeFreeze" returns a string that encupsulates its arguments (considered as a group). The result is "thaw"able in the same process. "thaw"ing the result in a different process should result in a fatal error if arguments to "safeFreeze" contained references to "GLOB"s and "CODE"s. "thaw" takes one string argument and returns an array. The elements of the array are "equivalent" to arguments of the "freeze" command that created the string. Can result in a fatal error (see above). Developer API "FreezeThaw" "freeze"s and "thaw"s data blessed in some package by calling methods "Freeze" and "Thaw" in the package. The fallback methods are provided by the "FreezeThaw" itself. The fallback "Freeze" freezes the "content" of blessed object (from Perl point of view). The fallback "Thaw" blesses the "thaw"ed data back into the package. So the package needs to define its own methods only if the fallback methods will fail (for example, for a lot of data the "content" of an object is an address of some C data). The methods are called like $newcooky = $obj->Freeze($cooky); $obj = Package->Thaw($content,$cooky); To save and restore the data the following method are applicable: $cooky->FreezeScalar($data,$ignorePackage,$noduplicate); during Freeze()ing, and $data = $cooky->ThawScalar; Two optional arguments $ignorePackage and $noduplicate regulate whether the freezing should not call the methods even if $data is a reference to a blessed object, and whether the data should not be marked as seen already even if it was seen before. The default methods sub UNIVERSAL::Freeze { my ($obj, $cooky) = (shift, shift); $cooky->FreezeScalar($obj,1,1); } sub UNIVERSAL::Thaw { my ($package, $cooky) = (shift, shift); my $obj = $cooky->ThawScalar; bless $obj, $package; } call the "FreezeScalar" method of the $cooky since the freezing engine will see the data the second time during this call. Indeed, it is the freezing engine who calls UNIVERSAL::Freeze(), and it calls it because it needs to freeze $obj. The above call to $cooky->FreezeScalar() handles the same data back to engine, but because flags are different, the code does not cycle. Freezing and thawing $cooky also allows the following additional methods: $cooky->isSafe; to find out whether the current freeze was initiated by "freeze" or "safeFreeze" command. Analogous method for thaw $cooky returns whether the current thaw operation is considered safe (i.e., either does not contain cached elsewhere data, or comes from the same application). You can use $cooky->makeSafe; to prohibit cached data for the duration of the rest of freezing or thawing of current object. Two methods $value = $cooky->repeatedOK; $cooky->noRepeated; # Now repeated are prohibited allow to find out/change the current setting for allowing repeated references. If you want to flush the cache of saved objects you can use FreezeThaw->flushCache; this can invalidate some frozen string, so that thawing them will result in fatal error. Instantiating Sometimes, when an object from a package is recreated in presense of repeated references, it is not safe to recreate the internal structure of an object in one step. In such a situation recreation of an object is carried out in two steps: in the first the object is "allocate"d, in the second it is "instantiate"d. The restriction is that during the allocation step you cannot use any reference to any Perl object that can be referenced from any other place. This restriction is applied since that object may not exist yet. Correspondingly, during instantiation step the previosly allocated object should be "filled", i.e., it can be changed in any way such that the references to this object remain valid. The methods are called like this: $pre_object_ref = Package->Allocate($pre_pre_object_ref); # Returns reference Package->Instantiate($pre_object_ref,$cooky); # Converts into reference to blessed object The reverse operations are $object_ref->FreezeEmpty($cooky); $object_ref->FreezeInstance($cooky); during these calls object can "freezeScalar" some information (in a usual way) that will be used during "Allocate" and "Instantiate" calls (via "thawScalar"). Note that the return value of "FreezeEmpty" is cached during the phase of creation of uninialized objects. This must be used like this: the return value is the reference to the created object, so it is not destructed until other objects are created, thus the frozen values of the different objects will not share the same references. Example of bad result: $o1->FreezeEmpty($cooky) freezes "{}", and "$o2->FreezeEmpty($cooky)" makes the same. Now nobody guaranties that that these two copies of "{}" are different, unless a reference to the first one is preserved during the call to "$o2->FreezeEmpty($cooky)". If "$o1->FreezeEmpty($cooky)" returns the value of "{}" it uses, it will be preserved by the engine. The helper function "FreezeThaw::copyContents" is provided for simplification of instantiation. The syntax is FreezeThaw::copyContents $to, $from; The function copies contents the object $from point to into what the object $to points to (including package for blessed references). Both arguments should be references. The default methods are provided. They do the following: "FreezeEmpty" Freezes an empty object of underlying type. "FreezeInstance" Calls "Freeze". "Allocate" Thaws what was frozen by "FreezeEmpty". "Instantiate" Thaws what was frozen by "FreezeInstance", uses "copyContents" to transfer this to the $pre_object. BUGS and LIMITATIONS A lot of objects are blessed in some obscure packages by XSUB typemaps. It is not clear how to (automatically) prevent the "UNIVERSAL" methods to be called for objects in these packages. The objects which can survive freeze()/thaw() cycle must also survive a change of a "member" to an equal member. Say, after $a = [a => 3]; $a->{b} = $a->{a}; $a satisfies $a->{b} == $a->{a} This property will be broken by freeze()/thaw(), but it is also broken by $a->{a} = delete $a->{a}; perl v5.16.2 2010-04-03 FreezeThaw(3)