Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming String too long to view in GDB Post 302366030 by shamrock on Wednesday 28th of October 2009 03:42:03 PM
Old 10-28-2009
You can print the contents of the memory location if you know the address of that string...
Code:
(gdb) x/s <address>

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Long string

I have a long string in ASCII file of approx 60k bytes file size. I need to know 1.How many charcters are adjectly in string. export MAX_COL_SIZE=`awk "length>max{max=length}END{print max}" test.txt` this return file cann't open...can anyone advice why?? 2. How many 'TRX consist in my... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: u263066
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Command to view full data "export MAESTRO_OUTPUT_STYLE=LONG"

Hi, Always when I login to Unix, I need to give the following command to view the data properly; export MAESTRO_OUTPUT_STYLE=LONG The reason is that by default the settings export MAESTRO_OUTPUT_STYLE=SHORT Please let me know how I could make LONG as the default and avoid giving the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jmathew99
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

finding string in very long file without newlines

What's the best way to find a string in a very long file without newlines in Unix? The standard utility I'm aware of for finding a string in a single file is grep, but for a long file without newlines, I think the output is just going to be the input. I suppose I could use sed to replace the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: aaronpoley
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

splitting long string into several lines?

I'm using a barcode scanner to grab ISBNs. Unfortunately, short of hitting "enter" each time (not easy while on a ladder), there's no good way to split it up. So I scanned it into a series of long lines in notepad. Now, I need to split each line into 12-number lines. instead of:... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mbourgon
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parsing a long string string problem for procmail

Hi everyone, I am working on fetchmail + procmail to filter mails and I am having problem with parsing a long line in the body of the email. Could anyone help me construct a reg exp for this string below. It needs to match exactly as this string. GetRyt... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: cwiggler
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

View 10 lines after the 1st occurence of a string

Hi Everyone, I am looking for the unix command by which I can view 10 lines after the 1st occurence of a string (including the 1st occurence) Example : I have the following lines in a unix file. I have to look for the 1st occurence of the string "How are you" and then view the next 10 lines... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kannanfile
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

View 5 lines after the last occurence of a string

Hi Everyone, I am looking for the unix command by which I can view 5 lines after the last occurence of a string (including the last occurence) Example : I have the following lines in a unix file. I have to look for the last occurence of the string "How are you" and then view the next 5... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: kannanfile
5 Replies

8. Solaris

Replacing a string in a long list of files

I have a script that needs to read a file with a long list of /path/filenames - replace the name of the server in each file - and write the file to the same path with a date extension. This is the script that I have so far #!/bin/ksh umask 022 LIST=`scripts.list` for i in $LIST do ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bjdamon
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Inserting into long delimited string using perl.

Hi, I have a very long pipe delimited string. The length of the string could vary. For example: START|one|two|three|four|five|six|seven START|one|two|three|four|five|six|seven|eight|nine START|one|two|three|four I want to replace in the third occurence of string with another... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: som.nitk
9 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Inserting a long string (readable in sed)

Hi everyone, I am trying to insert a single very long string as the first line of a file, So the following sed commands does what I want; sed '1i\"","a","b","c","d","e","f","g","h","i","j","k","l","m","n","o","p","q","r","s","t","u","v","w","x","y","z"' file.txt Think that all the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: hayreter
3 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangExt(3pm)				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide			       Locale::Codes::LangExt(3pm)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangExt - standard codes for language extension identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangExt; $lext = code2langext('acm'); # $lext gets 'Mesopotamian Arabic' $code = langext2code('Mesopotamian Arabic'); # $code gets 'acm' @codes = all_langext_codes(); @names = all_langext_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangExt" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language extensions, such as those as defined in the IANA language registry. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default IANA language registry codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language extensions. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lext = code2langext('acm','alpha'); $lext = code2langext('acm',LOCALE_LANGEXT_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of three-letter (lowercase) codes from the IANA language registry, such as 'acm' for Mesopotamian Arabic. This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langext ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langext2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langext_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langext_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langext_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::rename_langext ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::rename_langext_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.iana.org/assignments/language-subtag-registry The IANA language subtag registry. AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.18.2 2013-11-04 Locale::Codes::LangExt(3pm)