Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming String too long to view in GDB Post 302365909 by manustone on Wednesday 28th of October 2009 10:13:18 AM
Old 10-28-2009
String too long to view in GDB

Hi All
Sometimes when I debug my C++ code with GDB an I want to view the content of my string variables I use the command "p <name of variable>" .

When strings are very long and their displayed content is truncated.

Do you know a way to see the whole content of those?
Thanks
M

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Long string

I have a long string in ASCII file of approx 60k bytes file size. I need to know 1.How many charcters are adjectly in string. export MAX_COL_SIZE=`awk "length>max{max=length}END{print max}" test.txt` this return file cann't open...can anyone advice why?? 2. How many 'TRX consist in my... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: u263066
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Command to view full data "export MAESTRO_OUTPUT_STYLE=LONG"

Hi, Always when I login to Unix, I need to give the following command to view the data properly; export MAESTRO_OUTPUT_STYLE=LONG The reason is that by default the settings export MAESTRO_OUTPUT_STYLE=SHORT Please let me know how I could make LONG as the default and avoid giving the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jmathew99
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

finding string in very long file without newlines

What's the best way to find a string in a very long file without newlines in Unix? The standard utility I'm aware of for finding a string in a single file is grep, but for a long file without newlines, I think the output is just going to be the input. I suppose I could use sed to replace the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: aaronpoley
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

splitting long string into several lines?

I'm using a barcode scanner to grab ISBNs. Unfortunately, short of hitting "enter" each time (not easy while on a ladder), there's no good way to split it up. So I scanned it into a series of long lines in notepad. Now, I need to split each line into 12-number lines. instead of:... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mbourgon
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parsing a long string string problem for procmail

Hi everyone, I am working on fetchmail + procmail to filter mails and I am having problem with parsing a long line in the body of the email. Could anyone help me construct a reg exp for this string below. It needs to match exactly as this string. GetRyt... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: cwiggler
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

View 10 lines after the 1st occurence of a string

Hi Everyone, I am looking for the unix command by which I can view 10 lines after the 1st occurence of a string (including the 1st occurence) Example : I have the following lines in a unix file. I have to look for the 1st occurence of the string "How are you" and then view the next 10 lines... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kannanfile
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

View 5 lines after the last occurence of a string

Hi Everyone, I am looking for the unix command by which I can view 5 lines after the last occurence of a string (including the last occurence) Example : I have the following lines in a unix file. I have to look for the last occurence of the string "How are you" and then view the next 5... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: kannanfile
5 Replies

8. Solaris

Replacing a string in a long list of files

I have a script that needs to read a file with a long list of /path/filenames - replace the name of the server in each file - and write the file to the same path with a date extension. This is the script that I have so far #!/bin/ksh umask 022 LIST=`scripts.list` for i in $LIST do ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bjdamon
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Inserting into long delimited string using perl.

Hi, I have a very long pipe delimited string. The length of the string could vary. For example: START|one|two|three|four|five|six|seven START|one|two|three|four|five|six|seven|eight|nine START|one|two|three|four I want to replace in the third occurence of string with another... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: som.nitk
9 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Inserting a long string (readable in sed)

Hi everyone, I am trying to insert a single very long string as the first line of a file, So the following sed commands does what I want; sed '1i\"","a","b","c","d","e","f","g","h","i","j","k","l","m","n","o","p","q","r","s","t","u","v","w","x","y","z"' file.txt Think that all the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: hayreter
3 Replies
XMLWRITER_WRITE_ELEMENT(3)						 1						XMLWRITER_WRITE_ELEMENT(3)

XMLWriter::writeElement - Write full element tag

Object oriented style

SYNOPSIS
bool XMLWriter::writeElement (string $name, [string $content]) DESCRIPTION
Procedural style bool xmlwriter_write_element (resource $xmlwriter, string $name, [string $content]) Writes a full element tag. PARAMETERS
o $ xmlwriter -Only for procedural calls. The XMLWriter resource that is being modified. This resource comes from a call to xml- writer_open_uri(3) or xmlwriter_open_memory(3). o $name - The element name. o $content - The element contents. RETURN VALUES
Returns TRUE on success or FALSE on failure. CHANGELOG
+--------+------------------------------------------+ |Version | | | | | | | Description | | | | +--------+------------------------------------------+ | 5.2.3 | | | | | | | The $content parameter became optional. | | | | +--------+------------------------------------------+ SEE ALSO
XMLWriter::startElement, XMLWriter::endElement, XMLWriter::writeElementNS. PHP Documentation Group XMLWRITER_WRITE_ELEMENT(3)