Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Getting error when running script through crontab Post 302365799 by nypreH on Wednesday 28th of October 2009 05:16:05 AM
Old 10-28-2009
Hi, thanks for replies.

zaxxon, thanks for link it is very interesting.

But unfortunatelly, problem still exist... (((

My test script is:
Code:
bash-3.00$ more spots_dhc.sh 
#!/bin/bash 
SPF=/var/opt/spots-pms/traffic_data/ascii/*.spf
echo $SPF > /tmp/output.hc
/opt/spots-pms/bin/dbloader -d / -ei -fi -r /var/opt/spots-pms/traffic_data/ascii/*.spf >> /tmp/output.hc
bash-3.00$

If I am using only name, without full path, i am getting error:
Code:
bash-3.00$ mail
From spots@SPOTS Wed Oct 28 13:08:00 2009
Date: Wed, 28 Oct 2009 13:08:00 +0400 (AZT)
Message-Id: <200910280908.n9S980ii014185@SPOTS>
To: spots@SPOTS
Subject: Output from "cron" command
Content-Length: 132
Your "cron" job on SPOTS
/tmp/spots_dhc.sh
produced the following output:
/tmp/spots_dhc.sh: line 4: dbloader: command not found

? dp
bash-3.00$

But if I am using full path in script, then i am getting error:
Code:
bash-3.00$ mail
From spots@SPOTS Wed Oct 28 12:57:00 2009
Date: Wed, 28 Oct 2009 12:57:00 +0400 (AZT)
Message-Id: <200910280857.n9S8v0x8013564@SPOTS>
To: spots@SPOTS
Subject: Output from "cron" command
Content-Length: 315
Your "cron" job on SPOTS
/tmp/spots_dhc.sh
produced the following output:
ld.so.1: dbloader: fatal: libACE.so: open failed: No such file or directory
/tmp/spots_dhc.sh: line 4: 13560 Killed                  /opt/spots-pms/bin/dbloader -d / -ei -fi -r /var/opt/spots-pms/traffic_data/ascii/*.spf >>/tmp/output.hc

Which directory or file not exist? I was trying to define PATH - opt/spots-pms/bin/ in /etc/default/cron, but same result...
And again if i am running from command line its ok.

Last edited by pludi; 10-28-2009 at 06:39 AM.. Reason: code tags, please...

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

A command in a script not running in Crontab.

Hi, I made this script for TRU Unix 5.1 OS based Node. When the script was run manually all the commands were running properly. But when it was run from Crontab, one command is not running. This command is not running when the script is running from Crontab: #... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mystition
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

issue with running script with crontab

I am facing a strange issue while running a script(eg A) from the crontab entry the script calls one more script(eg B) within it now when i run the script A manually(with nohup) it also executes the script B (embedded inside it) as expected. but when i run the script A from the crontab entry... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: mad_man12
7 Replies

3. Red Hat

Problems with script running with crontab

Hi, I'm trying the backup a few information commands of my Check Point FW (it's on a SPLAT linux machine). This is the script I wrote: #!/bin/bash cd /var/tmp/ file1=netstat_`/bin/date +%d%m%y`.txt file2=ifconfig_`/bin/date +%d%m%y`.txt file3=cpstatos_`/bin/date +%d%m%y`.txt... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nirsh
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Crontab not running a script

Hi, I posted this in the Solaris forum but I think this one would be more appropriate. I created a script starting with the following lines: #!/usr/bin/ksh flag=n export flag typeset -i quant=0 (...) When running it I'm getting the following 2 errors: /tmp/tstscript/testfail.ksh:... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Cvg
9 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Particular script not running through crontab

Hi, I have created the below script, set -x # Set the Path of Environment file ENV_FILE_DIR=/opt/app/p1trp1c1/sybase/ecdwqdm/xrbid/QDM_Prod/bin LOG_DIR=/opt/app/p1trp1c1/sybase/ecdwqdm/xrbid/QDM_Prod/log export ENV_FILE_DIR export LOG_DIR # Set Audit Environment . ${ENV_FILE_DIR}/QDM.env... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: yohasini
8 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

crontab not running script

Hi All, I am having the below script to be run from crontab, it it doesnt run. 1 * * * * /home/cobr_ext/test.sh > /home/cobr_ext/temp.txt when i run i manally it runs without any issues. Could please help me as to why doesnt it run the script.:( (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: abhi_123
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delay in running script from crontab

I am facing an issue where sometimes crontab is running script with some delay. Below is the stmt in script and it is the only stmt in script. echo "running at `date` " >> CRONCHECK.log Below is the cron entry. 0 11 * * * CRONCHECK.sh Below is the time of run each day. running at Fri... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nishant Singh
8 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Error while running Rsync through Crontab

hi All, i have implemented Rsync in my source and destination server. while running through command prompt it is working fine: ksh rsync_bravo_db.ksh usa0300uz1252.apps.mc.xerox.com /uv1402/u207/home/bravodba/bin/rsync-3.0.9/config/mrsx_rsync.cfg but later on i created a another ksh and... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: lovelysethii
4 Replies

9. Solaris

Script problem when running on crontab

Hi guys! I created a backup script that works fine when I run manually, but when I put a crontab job to execute it the result are not the expected. (not a time problem). Here is my script: bash-3.00# cat /bk_tool/backup2.sh #!/usr/bin/csh clear set DIR_HOST='SCP08' ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: andredemartini
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

CRONTAB - one python script is not running

Hi! I'm using a RaspberryPi with standard Raspbian. Currently I'm working on some sort of weather station. For now I have three python scripts - one which is updating txt files for website - update1m.py ( it will not be necessary in few next days so I'll delete it) , second one for updating... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: bartocham
4 Replies
FAXCRON(8C)															       FAXCRON(8C)

NAME
faxcron - HylaFAX routine maintenance script SYNOPSIS
/usr/sbin/faxcron [ -n ] [ -l lastrun ] DESCRIPTION
faxcron is a command script that does routine upkeep tasks in a HylaFAX spooling directory hierarchy. This script is intended to be invoked from cron(8C) on behalf of the fax user (often the ``fax'' user is uucp) once a day, with the standard output sent by mail to the HylaFAX administrator. For example, the following crontab might be set up for the fax user: 25 23 * * * sh /usr/sbin/faxcron | mail FaxMaster The faxcron script does the following work: o report statistics for facsimile transmitted since the last time faxcron was run. o report statistics for facsimile transmitted in the past week. o report statistics for facsimile received since the last time faxcron was run. o report statistics for facsimile received in the past week. o report any recent calls that failed suspiciously and return the associated trace log; o purge data that is 30 days or older from the remote machine information directory; o delete information that is 30 days or older from session trace log files; o remove files from the tmp directory that are older than 1 day; o remove files in the received facsimile queue that are 7 days or older; o report sites that are currently having jobs rejected; and o force all session log files to be owned by the fax user and kept with protection mode 644. OPTIONS
-n Forces faxcron to run without updating any files. -l lastrun Forces the notion of the last time that faxcron was run to be lastrun. The value of lastrun is a date and time string of the form ``MM/DD/YY HH:MM'' (the date(1) format string ``%D %H:%M''). -info n Set the expiration time for data in the info database to be n days. -log n Set the expiration time for session log data to be n days. -rcv n Set the expiration time for files in the received facsimile queue to be n days. -tmp n Set the expiration time for files in the tmp directory to be n days. -mode m Set the file protection mode for session logs to m (a command line argument to chmod(1)). NOTES
This script requires nawk(1) or gawk(1) and a date(1) program that supports the ``+format'' option. If session logs are to be kept private this script must be modified to filter out sensitive information such as calling card numbers. (It should also be run with ``-mode 0600'' so that session log files are not publicly readable.) FILES
/var/spool/fax spooling area /var/spool/fax/etc/lastrun timestamp of last run /usr/sbin/xferfaxstats for generating transmit statistics /usr/sbin/recvstats for generating receive statistics /var/spool/fax/tmp/faxcronXXXX temporary file for truncating session logs /var/spool/fax/tmp/faxlogXXXX temporary file for logs of failed calls SEE ALSO
cron(8C), faxq(8C), faxgetty(8C), faxsend(8C), xferfaxstats(8C), recvstats(8C), hylafax-server(5F) May 12, 1996 FAXCRON(8C)