Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users check remote switch port speed setting Post 302365739 by zaxxon on Wednesday 28th of October 2009 01:47:52 AM
Old 10-28-2009
Tbh I doubt you can do it that easily - you can only check what speed your local adapter is running at currently. That would be ethtool or mii-tool. To check what speed a port on a switch is configured you will have to login to it or use some remote tool doing that for you and check the port's settings.
You can do an upload/download test from your box via that router to get an impression what it is most likely configured. But you will not know if it is on auto-negotiation or and set speed etc. for 100%.

But if there is such a tool, let us know please.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

determining ethernet port speed in solaris

i purchased, what was labeled as a 4-port fast ethernet sbus card from ebay. i installed it in my ultra1, and it seems to be working fine. how can i determine if the card is infact a fast ethernet card vs. the standard ethernet 4-port card? (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: xyyz
7 Replies

2. Solaris

Sun box's NIC speed setting

Is there a way to check if my Sun box's network interface card is set to 10 or 100 Mbps? Thanks! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: FredSmith
1 Replies

3. IP Networking

network speed not tale with the port setting

Hi all, one of my Sun Box facing the problem. The network port i had set to Auto-Negotiated and i had edited the /etc/system/ file in the Sun box as below: set hme:hme_adv_autoneg_cap=1 set hme:hme_adv_100fdx_cap=0 set hme:hme_adv_100hdx_cap=0 But when i checked the /var/adm/messages/, it... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: AirWalker83
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Switch user :NOPASSWD setting

Hi All, I want trigger a script "abhishektest.sh "whenever a mail come to a user say "abhishek" in my unix server. I dont have root permission. So, for doing this i added abhishek : "|/export/abhishek/bin/wr_test.sh in /etc/mail/aliases in wr_test file : i need to put this line, as i... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mindtee_abhi
2 Replies

5. Solaris

gigabit - fix speed/duplex on the switch ? or autoneg ?

Hi there We have a bit of a debate going here over what the prefered method is for setting 1000/Full on e1000g or nge interfaces is. As you aware the Solaris configration files for nge and e1000g dont allow you to "fix" 1000/Full but instead allow you to set auto-negotiate to ON but only... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hcclnoodles
1 Replies

6. HP-UX

how to check remote server port listening from application.

Hi, I have an application running on HP-UX, from this application I need to findout if the port number. lets say 7890,7891, 7892 are listening on the remote server running on HP-UX. Is there any way of doing it using "system()" function or any other? I noticed that nmap, netcat are not... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: einsteinBrain
0 Replies

7. AIX

Switch Port Becoming Private & restricting access

Hello folks, I have an AIX server that is connected to a storage array via a Brocade switch using 4 ports from either side. The zoning is done such that there are 4 paths visible from the server to the storage. My work involves frequent disabling or enabling the switch ports that are... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nkiran
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Check port 2222 is open on a remote host

I am able to connect to a remote host using the legacy IP and port 2222. Today the remote has a new IP I am unable to connect. How to check if the remote host is blocking or if its my server is unable to connect. Err Msg : telnet: Unable to connect to remote host: Connection refused Err... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ITDev01
5 Replies

9. Linux

Connect from USB to serial port of switch

I have someone wanting to connect to the serial management port of a switch from a PC running CentOS6. The management port on the switch is apparently baud 9600, 8 data bits, 1 stop bit & no parity They have plugged in a cable to connect and the output from lsusb is:-Bus 001 Device 001: ID... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: rbatte1
7 Replies
TRANSMISSION-CLI(1)					    BSD General Commands Manual 				       TRANSMISSION-CLI(1)

NAME
transmission-cli -- a bittorrent client SYNOPSIS
transmission-cli -h transmission-cli [-b | -B] [-d number | -D] [-er | -ep | -et] [-f script] [-g directory] [-h] [-m | -M] [-p port] [-t] [-u number | -U] [-v] [-w directory] torrent-file DESCRIPTION
The transmission-cli program is a lightweight, command-line BitTorrent client with scripting capabilities. The options are as follows: -b --blocklist Enable peer blocklists. Transmission understands the bluetack blocklist file format. New blocklists can be added by copying them into the config-dir's "blocklists" subdirectory. -B --no-blocklist Disble blocklists. -d, --downlimit number Set the maximum download speed in KB/s -D, --no-downlimit Don't limit the download speed -er --encryption-required Encrypt all peer connections. -ep --encryption-preferred Prefer encrypted peer connections. -et --encryption-tolerated Prefer unencrypted peer connections. -f, --finish script Set a script to run when the torrent finishes -g, --config-dir directory Where to look for configuration files. This can be used to swap between using the cli, daemon, gtk, and qt clients. See http://trac.transmissionbt.com/wiki/ConfigFiles for more information. -h, --help Prints a short usage summary. -m, --portmap Enable portmapping via NAT-PMP or UPnP -M, --no-portmap Disable portmapping -n, --new sourcefile Create torrent from the specified file or directory -p, --port port Set the port to listen for incoming peers. (Default: 51413) -t, --tos Set the peer socket TOS for local router-based traffic shaping. -u, --uplimit number Set the maximum upload speed in KB/s -U, --no-uplimit Don't limit the upload speed -v, --verify Verify the torrent's downloaded data. -w, --download-dir directory Where to save downloaded data. SIGNALS
In addition to these options, sending transmission-cli a SIGHUP signal will contact the tracker for more peers. ENVIRONMENT
TRANSMISSION_HOME Sets the default config-dir. http_proxy libcurl uses this environment variable when performing tracker announces. FILES
~/.config/transmission Directory where transmission-cli keeps torrent information for future seeding and resume operations. AUTHORS
The transmission-cli program was written by Eric Petit, Josh Elsasser, Jordan Lee, and Mitchell Livingston. SEE ALSO
transmission-create(1), transmission-daemon(1), transmission-edit(1), transmission-gtk(1), transmission-qt(1), transmission-remote(1), transmission-show(1) http://www.transmissionbt.com/ BSD
July 21, 2008 BSD