Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Simple find and replace with AWK Post 302365731 by zaxxon on Wednesday 28th of October 2009 01:30:33 AM
Old 10-28-2009
Code:
l> awk '{gsub(/*P*:/,"*T*:"); print}' infile
lala *P*T*:lala

If you have nawk on your system try using that. Or try that one:
Code:
sed 's/\*P\*:/\*T\*:/g' infile
lala *T*:lala

If still nothing of this works on your box, post a snippet of your input.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

A simple find and replace without using any regex (bash)

Hi, I need to do an exact find and replace (I don't want to use regular expressions because the input comes from user). I want to find a line that matches the user's input text and replace it with an empty string. For example, let's say the user enters I love "Unix" and the contents of the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: srikanths
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk find/replace

Greetings all. I have web site that has long option and switch lists. When I insert something new into these files, the lists need to be reordered. IE: 1 => apple 2 => pear 3 => bannana 4 => orange --------------------- Add grape as #2 1 => apple 2 => grape 3 => pear 4 =>... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: RobertSubnet
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk help to do conditional find and replace

Hi, I have a Line input for awk as follows DROP MATERIALIZED VIEW MCR.COMM_STACK; CREATE MATERIALIZED VIEW "MCR"."COMM_STACK" ON PREBUILT TABLE WITHOUT REDUCED PRECISION USING INDEX REFRESH FAST ON DEMAND START WITH sysdate+0 NEXT SYSDATE + 7 WITH PRIMARY KEY USING DEFAULT... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajan_san
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

simple Word Capitalization (Title) find/replace

Hi! I'm looking for a simple script, especially a one liner script in tcsh or bash that will emulate the find/replace in all text apps. I want to change all uppercase caracters to Title word (in wich only the first caracter is UpperCase and the rest is lowercase) I can use sed command, but... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sstpierre68
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

find and replace issue using awk

Hi All, point 1. I have n number of environment variable files in different folders. All file names are ending with one thing common ie, *envset.sh point 2. All these contains Varilables and some other information like following *envset.sh ===>> ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nitin.pathak
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed and awk -Find and Replace

All, I have thousands of lines in a file with following format DATA=_ONE_XXX_YYY_CCC_HHHG_ DATA1=_GGG_JJJJ_HHH_UUU_JJJJ_HHHH_LLL_ DATA3=_MMM_GG_NN_QQQQ_FFF_III_ I want to replace _ with . by ignoring the first (=_) and last (_) So that out put should looks like... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: baluchen
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find and Replace in awk

Friends, I have more the thousand lines like this. check.cloud1.port=342 check.cloud2.port=5456 check.cloud3.port-4564 But we need to transfer it to _CHECK.CLOUD1.PORT_=342 _CHECK.CLOUD2.PORT_=5456 _CHECK.CLOUD3.PORT_=4564 Any one could pls help of this. Thanks in Advance ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jothi basu
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find fields and replace using awk

Code: Using ksh Var1=`awk -F";" {print $1}' Input2.txt` cat Input1.txt | awk -F";" '{$3="Var1"}' > Output.txt (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: Roozo
13 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk - find first occurence and replace it

Hello, I have a requirement to replace the whole string with first occurence of value of a key-value pair. I have to do this inside awk, as the data I need to work is inside an awk loop. value of my variable(say LogText) looks like: LogText= date=04Mar message=hello1 name=caq... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: cool.aquarian
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find and replace in awk

I have a file that I am trying to find a specific word, then replace text within that string. file TestA2015 TestB2016 Example. Replace TestB2016 to TestB0000, so if TestB is found replace the original "2016" to "0000". Thank you :). awk tried awk '{ sub(/TestB$/, "0000", $6) }1'... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
5 Replies
GIT-REPLACE(1)							    Git Manual							    GIT-REPLACE(1)

NAME
git-replace - Create, list, delete refs to replace objects SYNOPSIS
git replace [-f] <object> <replacement> git replace -d <object>... git replace -l [<pattern>] DESCRIPTION
Adds a replace reference in .git/refs/replace/ The name of the replace reference is the SHA1 of the object that is replaced. The content of the replace reference is the SHA1 of the replacement object. Unless -f is given, the replace reference must not yet exist in .git/refs/replace/ directory. Replacement references will be used by default by all git commands except those doing reachability traversal (prune, pack transfer and fsck). It is possible to disable use of replacement references for any command using the --no-replace-objects option just after git. For example if commit foo has been replaced by commit bar: $ git --no-replace-objects cat-file commit foo shows information about commit foo, while: $ git cat-file commit foo shows information about commit bar. The GIT_NO_REPLACE_OBJECTS environment variable can be set to achieve the same effect as the --no-replace-objects option. OPTIONS
-f If an existing replace ref for the same object exists, it will be overwritten (instead of failing). -d Delete existing replace refs for the given objects. -l <pattern> List replace refs for objects that match the given pattern (or all if no pattern is given). Typing "git replace" without arguments, also lists all replace refs. BUGS
Comparing blobs or trees that have been replaced with those that replace them will not work properly. And using git reset --hard to go back to a replaced commit will move the branch to the replacement commit instead of the replaced commit. There may be other problems when using git rev-list related to pending objects. And of course things may break if an object of one type is replaced by an object of another type (for example a blob replaced by a commit). SEE ALSO
git-tag(1) git-branch(1) git(1) GIT
Part of the git(1) suite Git 1.7.10.4 11/24/2012 GIT-REPLACE(1)