Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Perl script to toggle through dates by week Post 302365697 by daptal on Tuesday 27th of October 2009 08:39:15 PM
Old 10-27-2009
use Date::Calc , that is efficient.

Lemme know if you have any trouble using it or need an example.

HTH,
PL

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help w/ Perl dates

I need to create 12 variables, the first of which is the date of the first day of the current month (01/01/2006), and the remaining 11 are to equal each month after the current. var1 = 01/01/2006 var2 = 02/01/2006 var3 = 03/01/2006 var4 = 04/01/2006 etc. How can I easily do this is in... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: ssmiths001
7 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to find Day of the Week from the given date (Perl)?

How to find the Day of the Week of the given Date using perl? If I have a date in YYY--MM-DD format, how to find the DOW? Based on that, I need to find the following sunday. Pls help. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: deepakwins
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need script to generate all the dates in DDMMYY format between 2 dates

Hello friends, I am looking for a script or method that can display all the dates between any 2 given dates. Input: Date 1 290109 Date 2 010209 Output: 300109 310109 Please help me. Thanks. :):confused: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: frozensmilz
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl difference between dates

Hi, Is there any way I can get the difference between two dates in terms of days? I have used this method so far, but I cant format it in terms of days. @a=&DateCalc($date1,$date2,0); The o/p that I am getting is sort of like this: +0:0:0:4:0:0:0 I just want to get 4 days as an o/p.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: King Nothing
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Subtracting two dates in PERL

Hi guys, First of all, I would like to say this is my first post in the unix.com forums. I am a beginner in PERL and have only started writing my first scripts. With that out of the way, I have a question regarding the calculation of time dates in PERL. I have two scalar variables with the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: DiRNiS
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sorting dates in Perl

I have a directory of backup files. named like this: ldap.data.04-06-2012.tar ldap.data.03-06-2012.tar ldap.data.02-06-2012.tar ldap.data.01-06-2012.tar ldap.data.31-05-2012.tar ldap.data.30-05-2012.tar ldap.data.29-05-2012.tar ldap.data.28-05-2012.tar ldap.data.27-05-2012.tar... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: robsonde
6 Replies

7. Linux

Get all the files from a FTP location with previous week's dates in the file names using Linux

I have a weird requirement where I have to get the files from a FTP(Lets say FTP1) location and place it on my current FTP(Lets say FTP2) location. The issue is, these are daily files (in a pattern Sales_YYYYMMDD_report.csv) and are placed every day on FTP1 and my process usually runs on Monday(eg.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dhruuv369
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need Help:Shell Script for Solaris to change the dates in a file by one week

I have to increase the date by one week in an input when script is executed in solaris. I was able to acheive this using ksh script that is working in Linux enivironment, when i execute the same script in Solaris i am getting below error: /var/tmp\n\r-> ./script.ksh date: illegal option -- d... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sriramanaramoju
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl : Module to get the last week date and time

Hello folks, I am looking for a Perl module or a program logic that gives the startdate and enddate of the last week.. Suppose say, assuming this week starts from Sunday to Saturday If I execute the script in this week. I need to get the last week sunday's date. Could anyone please... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: scriptscript
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Splitting week start date and end date based on custom period start dates

Below are my custom period start and end dates based on a calender, these dates are placed in a file, for each period i need to split into three weeks for each period row, example is given below. Could you please help out to achieve solution through shell script.. File content: ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nani2019
2 Replies
ACCOUNTING(1)                                                         SMPPPD                                                         ACCOUNTING(1)

NAME
accounting - calculates statistics about your internet connections DESCRIPTION
accounting is a simple program to calculate statistics about your internet dial-up connections that are started and stopped by either ifup and ifdown or by a frontend to smpppd like cinternet , qinternet or kinternet. OPTIONS
These options are recognized by accounting. If a long option shows an argument as mandatory, then it is mandatory for the equivalent short option also. -l, --last=NUM Only consider the last NUM connections. -a, --after=DATE Only consider connections started after DATE. DATE is a date with optional time in ISO 8601 format, e.g. `2002-12-24 20:15:00'. Note that a date without time is treated as if the time is 00:00:00. Hence connections started on the specified date are consid- ered. -b, --before=DATE Only consider connections started before DATE. -u, --user=USER Only consider connections started by user USER. --this-year Only consider connections started this year. --last-year Only consider connections started last year. --this-month Only consider connections started this month. --last-month Only consider connections started last month. --this-week Only consider connections started this week. --last-week Only consider connections started last week. --today Only consider connections started today. --yesterday Only consider connections started yesterday. --per-year Show summaries on a per year basis. --per-month Show summaries on a per month basis. --per-week Show summaries on a per week basis. --per-day Show summaries on a per day basis. -c, --connections Only list the connections but do not show provider statistics. -p, --providers Do not list the connections only show the provider statistics. --connection-format=FORMAT The names of the columns to print in the connection list. The names must be separated by a comma. Known column names are time, type, provider, user, status, duration, rx, tx, rxtx, averx, avetx and averxtx. Each name may be appended by a colon and a number indicating the width for the column, e.g. provider:25. The value will not be truncated if the width is too small. --provider-format=FORMAT The names of the columns to print in the provider list equivalent to the --connection-format option. Known column names are provider, number, duration, rx, tx, rxtx, aveduration, averx, avetx and averxtx. --local Display all dates in local time. Also interpret dates on the command line in local time. This is the default. --utc Display all dates in UTC. Also interpret dates on the command line in UTC. --script[=STYLE] Format output for script. Known styles are c and sh. -f, --file=NAME Use a different file with accounting information. --report-errors Report erros in the accounting file. --version Show program version and exit. --help Show help information and exit. NOTES
All informations are only obtained through the accounting log. Hence the informations, esp. the data volume, of currently active connec- tions is not accurate. If you want the know the status of a connection, use ifstatus or a frontend to smpppd like cinternet , qinternet or kinternet instead. The user field is empty for connections started by a remote frontend of smpppd. BUGS
Not yet implemented for ISDN (ippp). FILES
/var/log/smpppd/accounting.log File containing accounting information. SEE ALSO
kinternet, qinternet, cinternet(1), smpppd(8), smpppd-ifcfg(8). AUTHOR
Arvin Schnell <arvin@suse.de> SuSE December 2002 ACCOUNTING(1)