Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Sed usage
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Sed usage Post 302365505 by proactiveaditya on Tuesday 27th of October 2009 08:58:56 AM
Old 10-27-2009
Thanks, it worked.
But i want to change the value of the string permanently.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

sed usage

Hi , I have a question. How do I replace 2 words in one line like this IN CLO07 INDEX IN CLOIX07 to IN CLO07_S02 INDEX IN CLOIX07_S02 But one thing to remember is that there are lots of words like CLODM001 . So the only matching pattern is "IN CLO" sample file... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: capri_drm
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

possible sed usage

Sorry about the title. I'm assuming I want sed anyway... Here's the deal: I have hundreds of files in a folder and they all are named with the same format. $NAME-$VERSION-$ARCH-$BUILD This is Slackwares' /var/log/packages directory BTW... $BUILD is what I'm focusing on. It could be... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: madpenguin
6 Replies

3. HP-UX

how can I find cpu usage memory usage swap usage and logical volume usage

how can I find cpu usage memory usage swap usage and I want to know CPU usage above X% and contiue Y times and memory usage above X % and contiue Y times my final destination is monitor process logical volume usage above X % and number of Logical voluage above can I not to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: alert0919
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed usage

I'd like to extract the temps from the following command via a series of sed statements but the actual syntax is beyond me. $ nc localhost 7634 ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: audiophile
2 Replies

5. AIX

How to monitor the IBM AIX server for I/O usage,memory usage,CPU usage,network..?

How to monitor the IBM AIX server for I/O usage, memory usage, CPU usage, network usage, storage usage? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: laknar
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed usage

Hi, I want to read a command value and replace the command value in another file. Anybody know how to write it??? For example: File A: Command1 = test File B: Command1 = Command2 = Command3 = I want to write a shell script to read content from File A and replace Command1... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: linboco
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed usage

Hi, I want to replace some character whenever there is a space using sed. Input file name: aaa command i am trying is sed 's/^$/A/g' aaa (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rakeshbharadwaj
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

'sed' usage error.

Friends, I came across a wierd scenario while using sed. When I use the below cmd sequence at OS prompt it works fine: sed 's/# TMOUT=120/TMOUT=900/g' /etc/profile > /etc/profile.011211 However when I use the same in a script it throws the following error: ==Error== sed: 0602-404... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: thisissouvik
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed usage with Variable

Gurus, I am trying to display a match (single character) from beginning of the line in a file using a variable. I tried using sed ... not sure where am doing it wrong... sed -n "/^\$variable/p" FileName.shor sed -n "/^\${variable}/p" FileName.shBoth of the above are not working.....Thanks... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kevin Tivoli
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed command usage

Hi, Can anyone let me know the sed command usage requirement: sed 's/standard/standard_and/' <new.txt>new.txt here it needs to search for the pattern "standard" in the file new.txt and it should replace as "standard_and" in the same file new.txt Note: new.txt is having a separator... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: srikanth_sagi
8 Replies
setuname(1M)															      setuname(1M)

NAME
setuname - change machine information SYNOPSIS
name] node] DESCRIPTION
The command is used to modify the value for system name and/or the node name by using the appropriate option(s). The command attempts to change the parameter values in both the running kernel and the system configuration to cross reboots. A temporary change affects only the running kernel. Options The command supports the following options: Changes the system name (for example, HP-UX) in the field of the structure where name is the new system name and consists of alphanumeric characters and the special characters dash, underbar, and dollar sign. Changes the name in the field of the structure where node specifies the new node name and consists of alphanumeric characters and the special characters dash, underbar, and dollar sign. Signifies a temporary change. The change will not survive a reboot. Either or both of the or options must be given when invoking The size of the name and node is limited to characters. is defined in Only users having appropriate privileges can use this command. EXAMPLES
To permanently change the system name to and the node name to issue the following command: To temporarily change the system name to and the node name to issue the following command: WARNINGS
Setting a nodename of more than 8 bytes is possible only with the appropriate configuration options enabled. It is strongly recommended that all related documentation be completely understood before setting a larger node name. A node name larger than 8 bytes can cause anomalous or incorrect behavior in applications which use the command or the system function to access the name. SEE ALSO
uname(1), uname(2), nodehostnamesize(5). setuname(1M)