Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX decrypt command syntax in AIX Post 302365486 by zaxxon on Tuesday 27th of October 2009 07:45:59 AM
Old 10-27-2009
No idea what you are talking about sorry. Do you mean GPG encrypted files or... need more details.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

command syntax

Hi, Does anyone knows the command syntax for the following Unix commands: at mount The OS is the Chorus/Mix 4.3 BSD Unix. The "at" command does the following: at a precise date and hour it executes a desirede command. Many thanks !!! Regards, Pedro Pereira (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pmap
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Command syntax

Here's my situation. I am trying to move all files from one directory to another. I have the following requirements: 1) Move all files in /myfiles/wip matching pattern "*.tif" to /work/in that are at least 10 minutes old (or older). 2) When the files are moved, they need to be moved into... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dsimpg1
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

until command syntax error

Hi there. I spent too much time away from Unix, now I can't remember how to issue a simple until command in ksh :mad: could you tell me what is wrong with the following code sample: export v = "1" until do echo 'executing repeat_until' v = `expr $v + 1` done I've... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: 435 Gavea
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk command syntax

I want the output to show 2 lines following this line. How do I amend my awk command. Please guide. Thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tirmazi
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Syntax error using do command

i have the following do command: while IFS =: read printer drv IP port do echo -e "$ printer: \ n \ drv: \ t $ drv \ n \ IP: \ t $ IP \ n \ port: \ t $ port \ n \" done < diffs.txt receiving the following error: syntax error at line 37 : `do' unmatched something is... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ggoliath
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Syntax for own UNIX command

hi All, how can i make my own commamnds for unix shell scripts. lets xmple.. 1-i want to use "down arrow key" for previous runned unix commands. then how to acheive it. 2-Generally TAB --- complete filename or command up to the point of uniqueness ..but here its not working .. I m new to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pradeepcarya
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

to take backup what is the command tell syntax

to take backup what is the command tell syntax (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sunilamarnadh
1 Replies

8. HP-UX

ps command syntax

I use hp HP-UX. I want to get vsz of the process . What is the syntax ... /run>ps -help ps: illegal option -- h ps: option requires an argument -- p usage: ps (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: chuikingman
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Alias command syntax

Hi all, I want to add a shortcut "xmll" to my .cshrc file. By using "xmll" I want the following command to be executed: find . -type f -name 'T*.xml' > xml_list.txt BUT: alias xmll 'find . -type f -name 'T*.xml' > xml_list.txt' doesn't work. What is the correct syntax? Thank... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: friend
7 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Syntax Error in AIX but working in UX

MENU_INTRO(){ date="`date`" HOSTNAME="`hostname`" if ; then cols=$2 else cols=2 fi clear now=`date +%A,%B-%d-%Y@%H:%M:%S` echo " -: INFORMIX DBA MENU :- " echo... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: fedora132010
1 Replies
GPG-ZIP(1)						      General Commands Manual							GPG-ZIP(1)

NAME
gpg-zip - encrypt or sign files into an archive SYNOPSIS
gpg-zip [OPTIONS] filename1 [filename2, ...] directory1 [directory2, ...] DESCRIPTION
This manual page documents briefly the gpg-zip command. gpg-zip encrypts or signs files into an archive. It is an gpg-ized tar using the same format as PGP's PGP Zip. OPTIONS
-e, --encrypt Encrypt data. This option may be combined with --symmetric (for output that may be decrypted via a secret key or a passphrase). -d, --decrypt Decrypt data. -c, --symmetric Encrypt with a symmetric cipher using a passphrase. The default symmetric cipher used is CAST5, but may be chosen with the --cipher-algo option to gpg(1). -s, --sign Make a signature. See gpg(1). -r, --recipient USER Encrypt for user id USER. See gpg(1). -u, --local-user USER Use USER as the key to sign with. See gpg(1). --list-archive List the contents of the specified archive. -o, --output FILE" Write output to specified file FILE. --gpg GPG Use the specified command instead of gpg. --gpg-args ARGS Pass the specified options to gpg(1). --tar TAR Use the specified command instead of tar. --tar-args ARGS Pass the specified options to tar(1). -h, --help Output a short usage information. --version Output the program version. DIAGNOSTICS
The program returns 0 if everything was fine, 1 otherwise. EXAMPLES
Encrypt the contents of directory mydocs for user Bob to file test1: gpg-zip --encrypt --output test1 --gpg-args -r Bob"" mydocs List the contents of archive test1: gpg-zip --list-archive test1 SEE ALSO
gpg(1), tar(1) AUTHOR
Copyright (C) 2005 Free Software Foundation, Inc. Please report bugs to <bug-gnupg@gnu.org>. This manpage was written by Colin Tuckley <colin@tuckley.org> and Daniel Leidert <daniel.leidert@wgdd.de> for the Debian distribution (but may be used by others). November 2006 GPG-ZIP(1)