Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX Question about HACMP for active-active mode Post 302365449 by qiulang on Tuesday 27th of October 2009 06:10:08 AM
Old 10-27-2009
Question about HACMP for active-active mode

Hi all,

I am new to HACMP. So sorry for the newie question. But I did search the forum and it seems that no one asks this before.

So if a 2-node cluster runs in active-active mode (and the same application), what is the benefit of using HACMP ?

If it runs in active-stanby, it is easy to understand because you need HACMP to do failover; but for active-active mode, no failover (right ?), then why do we need HACMP ?

Besides, I find HACMP documents do not use the term "active-active" or "active-standby" (cold standby or hot standby) often. So does "concurrent resource group" mean "active-active" and "cascading/rotating resource group" mean "active-standby" ? Is there a cold standby ?

And what is the relation between "concurrent resource group" and "concurrent shared disk access"; what's the relation between "Cascading/Rotating resource group" and "non-concurrent shared disk access" ?

Thanks!

Last edited by qiulang; 10-27-2009 at 09:18 AM..

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Active / Non Active users ?

Hey, I have few Questions : 1. How to Check/Find who all are the users accessing the server using their id ? 2. How to Check who is the active user or non active user (whose id exists but the access privileges has been removed) ? I am presently using AIX5.3 as a server. Please suggest... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: varungupta
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

active working

hi! i want to create a list of the active working of the system classified by size and run the list on the monitor in a contolled pattern.Every active work has to appear only once. Any suggestions? also how can i create a list of the active working that does not belong to the user root?thanks (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: battaglia
5 Replies

3. AIX

AIX HACMP Active/Passive Config

I have a HACMP 6.1 configured in a active/passive. I have 1 NIC with 3 IP address on (Boot, Persistent and Service ) . All address are routable. One of the application on the HA cluster is also using Boot Ip to send application data. Question : Since all the traffic is passing thru the same... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mk8570
3 Replies

4. Solaris

Link based Active Active IPMP

Hi, I need to configure 4 ip address (same subnet and mask) in one ipmp group (two interfaces) in an active active formation (link based). Can some one provide the steps or a tutorial link. Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mack1982
2 Replies

5. Solaris

Port Active?

Hi, I have recently installed autosys R11 on my a container in solaris 10. the container has solaris 10. I am now trying to configure the autosys workload contol center on a windows VM. but i can not get the contol center to log into the the autosys server. when i try to estiblish a... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dshakey
4 Replies

6. Linux

active mode ftp connection from linux

Hi, We have one java client which connects to a windows server through ftp in active mode and gets files. When we run this client on hp-ux, it is able to transfer 100k files. But when we run the same client on Linux server it is able to transfer only 200 files at max and it is hanging there... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: urspradeep330
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How do I calculate total number of active and non active hosts?

#!/bin/bash for digit in $(seq 1 10) do if ping -c1 -w2 192.168.1.$digit &> /dev/null then echo "192.168.1.$digit is UP" else echo "192.168.1.$digit is DOWN" fi done (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: fusetrips
3 Replies

8. Solaris

VCS not active

Dear All, My current system run Solaris 9 SPARC 64 bit , and VXVM , VCS 4.1. I check all the node information . ls -l /etc/vx/*.exclude /etc/vx/*.exclude: No such file or directory root@devuardbs01 # vxdctl license All features are available: Mirroring Root Mirroring Concatenation... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: linux_user
0 Replies
PACEMAKER(8)						  System Administration Utilities					      PACEMAKER(8)

NAME
Pacemaker - Part of the Pacemaker cluster resource manager SYNOPSIS
crm_ticket (query|command) [options] DESCRIPTION
crm_ticket - Perform tasks related to cluster tickets. Allows ticket attributes to be queried, modified and deleted. OPTIONS
-?, --help This text -$, --version Version information -V, --verbose Increase debug output -Q, --quiet Print only the value on stdout -t, --ticket=value Ticket ID Queries: -l, --info Display the information of ticket(s) -L, --details Display the details of ticket(s) -w, --raw Display the IDs of ticket(s) -q, --query-xml Query the XML of ticket(s) -c, --constraints Display the rsc_ticket constraints that apply to ticket(s) Commands: -g, --grant Grant a ticket to this cluster site -r, --revoke Revoke a ticket from this cluster site -s, --standby Tell this cluster site this ticket is standby -a, --activate Tell this cluster site this ticket is active Advanced Commands: -G, --get-attr=value Display the named attribute for a ticket -S, --set-attr=value Set the named attribtue for a ticket -D, --delete-attr=value Delete the named attribute for a ticket -C, --cleanup Delete all state of a ticket at this cluster site Additional Options: -v, --attr-value=value Attribute value to use with -S -d, --default=value (Advanced) The default attribute value to display if none is found. For use with -G -f, --force (Advanced) Force the action to be performed -n, --set-name=value (Advanced) ID of the instance_attributes object to change -i, --nvpair=value (Advanced) ID of the nvpair object to change/delete EXAMPLES
Display the info of tickets: # crm_ticket --info Display the detailed info of tickets: # crm_ticket --details Display the XML of 'ticketA': # crm_ticket --ticket ticketA --query-xml Display the rsc_ticket constraints that apply to 'ticketA': # crm_ticket --ticket ticketA --constraints Grant 'ticketA' to this cluster site: # crm_ticket --ticket ticketA --grant Revoke 'ticketA' from this cluster site: # crm_ticket --ticket ticketA --revoke Make 'ticketA' standby: The cluster site will treat a granted 'ticketA' as 'standby'. The dependent resources will be stopped or demoted gracefully without trig- gering loss-policies # crm_ticket --ticket ticketA --standby Activate 'ticketA' from being standby: # crm_ticket --ticket ticketA --activate Get the value of the 'granted' attribute for 'ticketA': # crm_ticket --ticket ticketA --get-attr granted Set the value of the 'standby' attribute for 'ticketA': # crm_ticket --ticket ticketA --set-attr standby --attr-value true Delete the 'granted' attribute for 'ticketA': # crm_ticket --ticket ticketA --delete-attr granted Erase the operation history of 'ticketA' at this cluster site: The cluster site will 'forget' the existing ticket state. # crm_ticket --ticket ticketA --cleanup AUTHOR
Written by Andrew Beekhof REPORTING BUGS
Report bugs to pacemaker@oss.clusterlabs.org Pacemaker 1.1.10-29.el7 June 2014 PACEMAKER(8)