Sponsored Content
Special Forums UNIX and Linux Applications Infrastructure Monitoring SF4800 SC not accessible thru network Post 302365429 by honmin on Tuesday 27th of October 2009 03:40:05 AM
Old 10-27-2009
SF4800 SC not accessible thru network

Hi All,

I have my SC setup as attached below but I am having problem accessing the port thru network. sc0 was accessible only after i failed over the configuratios to sc1 (now then sc1 was not pingable Smilie). Just wondering is there anything wrong with my sc settings? Appreciate your advice.

Network settings: 10Mpbs/Half Duplex

Code:
The system controller is configured to be on a network.
Network settings: static
Hostname: sc0
IP Address: 128.230.31.149
Netmask: 255.255.255.0
Gateway: 128.230.31.1
DNS Domain: 
Primary DNS Server: 
Secondary DNS Server: 
Connection type: telnet
Idle connection timeout : No timeout
Loghost for Platform: 10.0.0.1
Log Facility for Platform: local0
SNTP server: 0.0.0.0
SNMP Agent: disabled
Chassis Description: Sun Fire 4800
Chassis Contact: adminstrator
Chassis Location: 10F IT Dept
ACL for Domain A: SB0 SB2 SB4 IB6 IB8 
ACL for Domain B: SB0 SB2 SB4 IB6 IB8 
ACL for Domain C: SB0 SB2 SB4 IB6 IB8 
ACL for Domain D: SB0 SB2 SB4 IB6 IB8 
Chassis HostID: 83041764
PROC RTUs installed: 0
PROC Headroom Quantity: 0
PROC RTUs reserved for domain A: 0
PROC RTUs reserved for domain B: 0
PROC RTUs reserved for domain C: 0
PROC RTUs reserved for domain D: 0
SC POST diag Level: min
SC Failover: enabled and active.
Logical Hostname: 10.0.0.4
Chassis is in single partition mode.
UltraSPARC IV+ is not supported in domain A
Frame information is not available.

Many thanks.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Open port in Solaris 8 (not accessible from outside)

Hello guys, I've recentrly installed a Tomcat server in our Solaris 8 servers, and while it's properly configured and running already, I can't access the port from outside the network segment the server is on. I.e., we have 4 servers in the same segment (consecutive IP addresses), and if I... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Acapulco
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Make a script accessible from any directory

I wrote a small fortran program that I want to control with a bash script. The bash script builds a parameter file that is used by the fortran program. I want to make it so I can access the script from any directory on my computer. How do I do that? Or what key words should I search for to find... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: C_James
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

NameServer not accessible

Hi everybody I am facing a little problem with names servers. I have a VPS with Kloxo installed on it I have registered 2 name servers (i.e. ns1.domain.com and ns2.domain.com) past one month. These nameservers are not accessible yet. I have check the nameserver on internic site and they are... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rizwan65
3 Replies

4. Linux

graphical environmental of CentOS is not accessible

Hello everyone, I am using centOS 5.4. and in the Graphical environment when i executed command system-config-kickstart , at the same time i lost my graphical environment now i am not able to access it, but i can access my system by CLI mode....kindly suggest me that how can i repare my... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: karan chauhan
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Testing NAS /mountpoint accessible

Hello. What's the best way to ensure that a NFS filesystem mounted from a disk-cabine (NAS) is accessible? My proposal: 1. ping to the ip of the cabine 2. verify filesystem is mounted 3. touch a file inside the /mountpoint Any other suggestions? Thank you! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: asanchez
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Can we store a value in temp variable which can accessible?

Hi techies I am trying to write a script which can give me a ATP of a job, My idea is : store a value in a temp variable, next script read the variable in next call of it and give me the diff of values which is ATP, as script is running every hours. Can we do this in Shell Script. If... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: atul9806
5 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Making webpy framework accessible from outside the local network

I am using ubuntu 12.04.03. I have some basic experience with webpy and I had it working for my LAN just by following the tutorial. The framework needs to be able to be used from outside the local network. I have difficulty seeing how to make the framework accessible from outside the lan. I tried... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: frad
10 Replies

8. IP Networking

Accessible Site...Without a Domain

Hey everyone, Just a random question, is it possible to have a publically accessible website without a domain name attached to it? That is if I assign the server an IP address and have apache listen on 80 for incoming requests, can someone type that IP address into their browser and get to the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lost in Cyberia
2 Replies
Net::DNS::Domain(3)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				       Net::DNS::Domain(3)

NAME
Net::DNS::Domain - Domain Name System domains SYNOPSIS
use Net::DNS::Domain; $domain = new Net::DNS::Domain('example.com'); $name = $domain->name; DESCRIPTION
The Net::DNS::Domain module implements a class of abstract DNS domain objects with associated class and instance methods. Each domain object instance represents a single DNS domain which has a fixed identity throughout its lifetime. Internally, the primary representation is a (possibly empty) list of ASCII domain name labels, and optional link to an arbitrary origin domain object topologically closer to the DNS root. The computational expense of Unicode character-set conversion is partially mitigated by use of caches. METHODS
new $object = new Net::DNS::Domain('example.com'); Creates a domain object which represents the DNS domain specified by the character string argument. The argument consists of a sequence of labels delimited by dots. A character preceded by represents itself, without any special interpretation. Arbitrary 8-bit codes can be represented by followed by exactly three decimal digits. Character code points are ASCII, irrespective of the character coding scheme employed by the underlying platform. Argument string literals should be delimited by single quotes to avoid escape sequences being interpreted as octal character codes by the Perl compiler. The character string presentation format follows the conventions for zone files described in RFC1035. name $name = $domain->name; Returns the domain name as a character string corresponding to the "common interpretation" to which RFC1034, 3.1, paragraph 9 alludes. Character escape sequences are used to represent a dot inside a domain name label and the escape character itself. Any non-printable code point is represented using the appropriate numerical escape sequence. fqdn @fqdn = $domain->fqdn; Returns a character string containing the fully qualified domain name, including the trailing dot. xname $xname = $domain->xname; Interprets an extended name containing Unicode domain name labels encoded as Punycode A-labels. Domain names containing Unicode characters are supported if the Net::LibIDN module is installed. label @label = $domain->label; Identifies the domain by means of a list of domain labels. string $string = $object->string; Returns a character string containing the fully qualified domain name as it appears in a zone file. Characters which are recognised by RFC1035 zone file syntax are represented by the appropriate escape sequence. origin $create = origin Net::DNS::Domain( $ORIGIN ); $result = &$create( sub{ new Net::DNS::RR( 'mx MX 10 a' ); } ); $expect = new Net::DNS::RR( "mx.$ORIGIN. MX 10 a.$ORIGIN." ); Class method which returns a reference to a subroutine wrapper which executes a given constructor in a dynamically scoped context where relative names become descendents of the specified $ORIGIN. BUGS
Coding strategy is intended to avoid creating unnecessary argument lists and stack frames. This improves efficiency at the expense of code readability. Platform specific character coding features are conditionally compiled into the code. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c)2009-2011 Dick Franks. All rights reserved. This program is free software; you may redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. SEE ALSO
perl, Net::LibIDN, Net::DNS, RFC1034, RFC1035, RFC5891, Unicode Technical Report #16 perl v5.18.2 2014-01-16 Net::DNS::Domain(3)